Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She already did the base game "building Newcrest" last year, she planned the lots the same way and the first build is also a base game starter blue suburban on the same freaking lot.

ED39DBE6-3972-4E6D-B602-7E1A475422C0.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I agree but also her builds are tit, her community needs to gently be more challenged. Kayla can do that, even if there is a big sale on for example. Devon Bumpkin uses all the packs and builds SO well, I'm sure he has "sold" more packs based on his builds than Kayla has. I think she's just lazy at this stage. I never watch her builds or LPs, I tend to just go to her for sims news, because IronSeagull has become insufferable.
Hard agree with this. If she would build more interesting things, she would gather a new audience that appreciates it. Plus she does not even use base game items in an interesting way. It is always the same color palette with the same furniture with her trying to get in as much skill building into the house. She is all about easy to make videos and quantity over quality.

Reactions: 8
I agree but also her builds are tit, her community needs to gently be more challenged. Kayla can do that, even if there is a big sale on for example. Devon Bumpkin uses all the packs and builds SO well, I'm sure he has "sold" more packs based on his builds than Kayla has. I think she's just lazy at this stage. I never watch her builds or LPs, I tend to just go to her for sims news, because IronSeagull has become insufferable.
Devon has done some base game builds and it's like day and night when compared with Kayla's.

Reactions: 9
Devon has done some base game builds and it's like day and night when compared with Kayla's.
That build he did with just base game and the desert luxe kit is something that lilsimsie could never.

Reactions: 6
5677306F-6348-4F07-80E2-ABEF7A3C3C5B.jpeg

You’re a youtuber with a flexible schedule. You’re not eligible to say “I have to work on weekends” when the entire work planning depends solely on you.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Hard agree with this. If she would build more interesting things, she would gather a new audience that appreciates it. Plus she does not even use base game items in an interesting way. It is always the same color palette with the same furniture with her trying to get in as much skill building into the house. She is all about easy to make videos and quantity over quality.
This right here. There are too many builders who know how to use base game in creative ways. DB, MalinDesigns, and a duck ton of stop motion builders have amazing base game builds. We can’t keep pointing the finger at Lilsimsie’s childish community, which she cultivated with her childish attitude. She’s just a boring ass builder without a modicum of creativity.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Risshella is also currently building Newcrest and doing it better

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This right here. There are too many builders who know how to use base game in creative ways. DB, MalinDesigns, and a duck ton of stop motion builders have amazing base game builds. We can’t keep pointing the finger at Lilsimsie’s childish community, which she cultivated with her childish attitude. She’s just a boring ass builder without a modicum of creativity.
THIS! Say it louder for the people in the back.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think maybe it’s my age too but Kayla has been doing this for so long yet she’s still talking to her audience like they’re ALL 12 years old.
Babe, they’ve grown up, just like you did.

• Haha
I think maybe it’s my age too but Kayla has been doing this for so long yet she’s still talking to her audience like they’re ALL 12 years old.
Babe, they’ve grown up, just like you did.
But have they?

Her core day-to-day audience averages at about 250k (excluding the occasional clickbaity or announcement video that will do much more). She was doing similar numbers at the start of the pandemic.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if she has maintained 150k viewers and the remaining 100k are new children who have replaced people who have grown out of her/got sick of her.

• Wow
You’re a youtuber with a flexible schedule. You’re not eligible to say “I have to work on weekends” when the entire work planning depends solely on you.

Oh my god I'm working weekends, I'm working so hard !! *takes Monday-Thursday off* Wow I have to tell people how hard I'm working ! Look you guys, I'm working weekends ! And last week I woke up at 3AM !! I'm on a rollll damnnn girlll. In two weeks I'm taking the whole week off for PMSing as a treat, they'll understand because I've been working so hard lately
Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 14-36-46 Deligracy - YouTube.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I should really check this Syd Mac out because the only time I ever hear about her is in this thread...
Same, but a video of hers came up as reccomended so I watched it bc of this thread 🤣

She's not bad. Looks like she doesn't really play much, and I do prefer LPs but 🤷‍♀️ I'd still check out her stuff if I need something on in the background (although the Disney princess vid I just watched, she made Ariel and put her "modern" outfit on in the bathing suit slot and I feel triggered 🤣)
---

View attachment 1950844
🙄 I'm so tired of her tit. There are YTers that have FULL TIME jobs and still record. They do this at night or, GASP, on weekends. She really needs to stop acting like her life is so hard bc she's playing a game on a weekend and has no other commitments

Reactions: 10
Does anyone watch Sarah Kendall?

She came up on my recommendations a few months ago. She doesn’t upload particularly regularly but her build challenge are decent.

One irritating thing about her is that she keeps making these self-referential comments as if she’s a much bigger deal than she is. “Yes, I’m using this object… classic Sarah Kendall!” and “We all know it wouldn’t be a Sarah Kendall build without one of these!” kinda thing. I think she has a bigger following on TikTok than on YouTube but she talks as if she’s a household name in the Sims community when she blatantly isn’t.

I also get Plumbella-esque “late 20s/early 30s person who acts like a 19-year-old online” vibes. The fact that her age isn’t listed on any of her socials makes this more likely to be true.

• Haha
Does anyone watch Sarah Kendall?

She came up on my recommendations a few months ago. She doesn’t upload particularly regularly but her build challenge are decent.

One irritating thing about her is that she keeps making these self-referential comments as if she’s a much bigger deal than she is. “Yes, I’m using this object… classic Sarah Kendall!” and “We all know it wouldn’t be a Sarah Kendall build without one of these!” kinda thing. I think she has a bigger following on TikTok than on YouTube but she talks as if she’s a household name in the Sims community when she blatantly isn’t.

I also get Plumbella-esque “late 20s/early 30s person who acts like a 19-year-old online” vibes. The fact that her age isn’t listed on any of her socials makes this more likely to be true.
Yeah I tried watching her cause I love build challenges, but I couldn’t get through her stuff, she’s too “gen Z” if that makes sense. Like she uses phrases, does things to prove shes gen z, nobody is that cliche gen z.

Or maybe it’s cause she’s big on tiktok that she talks the way she does but it’s just annoying to me

Reactions: 6
I'm a bit late but I just watched Deli's Brent&Brant apt reno and there were comments saying how she should be doing interior design. And she replied:

26E4C08B-C3AB-4E03-B48B-11D7184100E8.jpeg

I found the comments and her response absurd. Real life interior design means working with a restricted budget, a fixed layout. You have to respect the client's wishes, it involves traveling outside the house, making calls, sticking to deadlines, being articulate, knowing different materials (and how to pronounce them), maybe even [gasp] working the weekends, all things that Dream-House Deli dislikes or struggles with. The Sims is a play pretend. It's a fantasy. It's moving a whole kitchen to another room. It's sitting comfortably in your chair and replacing swatches.
No wonder YouTubers start thinking highly of themselves with the constant praise, so when a genuine critique appears, they think you're a jealous troll and turn all passive-aggressive. Haha, thanks!

Deli: "The walls are grey so we might go for a warm flooring to warm it up".
The subscribers: Deli, you know so much about interior design!

Deli: "I'm going to use this CC pack today from Pierisim" *places objects from a cohesively made CC pack with a clear color palette and items that are designed to go well together*
The subscribers: You're a genius. These colors complement each other. How do you do it?

Deli: *places an open shower in the bathroom with a wooden floor right behind the wooden door* / *places a range hood above... a counter*

2FFA1E55-4D6B-4ADA-8F10-338717BC88F1.jpeg

FA0F826E-1C9F-420A-928A-741312401B2D.jpeg

The subscribers: Amazing! I love how you always think about realistic placement!

Yeah, it's The Sims. And anything goes. And that's how it should be. So can we not treat building in The Sims as an interior design portfolio? Because if that's the case, with all due respect to Deli, her design decisions are sloppy and questionable.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I remember a similar comment years ago on one of James’s videos that said he should become an architect (!!!)

What next? Suggesting people should join the FBI because they’re a dab hand at first-person shooter games?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Deli: *places an open shower in the bathroom with a wooden floor right behind the wooden door* / *places a range hood above... a counter
you’re so right about everything here… she always does that range hood thing above counters and it drives me bleeping nuts

Deli's decent at most of her Sims builds and designs, but they all look the same to me. They're always modern and usually fall under the same few handfuls of colour schemes. Nothing she does is unique or requires her to think outside the box - even the CC pack she "helped" with was literally just stuff sitting around her own house. Honestly, it's no different from Kayla's endless blue starter suburbans, she just gets away with it because she uses more packs and CC.

Guaranteed she envisions being an interior designer exclusively for wealthy clients who only want modern designs when people tell her she should do it IRL.

Reactions: 7
Oh my god I'm working weekends, I'm working so hard !! *takes Monday-Thursday off* Wow I have to tell people how hard I'm working ! Look you guys, I'm working weekends ! And last week I woke up at 3AM !! I'm on a rollll damnnn girlll. In two weeks I'm taking the whole week off for PMSing as a treat, they'll understand because I've been working so hard lately View attachment 1951856
I posted this as a joke but it's literally what she does. Everytime she "works", she will post about it being hard on Instagram and THEN talk about it during her intros. Keep in mind I pretty much only watch her intros and not the rest of her content because it's crap.

Deli posted this on Instagram yesterday (see Custosmorum quote) and what is the intro of today's video ? "This is a VERY big job (renovating a penthouse...) and today is Saturday and I'm hoping to get this finished by Monday". LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT HOW HARD IM WORKING. My god, just shut it already.

Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 18-31-55 I renovated the BIGGEST penthouse apartment in The Sims 4.png

---

I'm a bit late but I just watched Deli's Brent&Brant apt reno and there were comments saying how she should be doing interior design.

The subscribers: Amazing! I love how you always think about realistic placement!
Yuuuuup....

Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 18-38-56 I renovated the BIGGEST penthouse apartment in The Sims 4.png

Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 18-40-24 I renovated the BIGGEST penthouse apartment in The Sims 4.png

Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 18-40-52 I renovated the BIGGEST penthouse apartment in The Sims 4.png

Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 18-41-13 I renovated the BIGGEST penthouse apartment in The Sims 4.png

Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 18-41-25 I renovated the BIGGEST penthouse apartment in The Sims 4.png

---

uhm imagine a black person KINDLY telling you something is offensive/upsetting to them and this is your response.. my god. every other big sims youtuber has changed their language why can’t she? why can’t she just accept that black people find it offensive and instead has to go search the internet as an excuse to keep using it
Screenshot 2023-02-12 at 18-42-10 I renovated the BIGGEST penthouse apartment in The Sims 4.png

Last edited:
  • Sick
I'm a bit late but I just watched Deli's Brent&Brant apt reno and there were comments saying how she should be doing interior design. And she replied:

View attachment 1952218

I found the comments and her response absurd. Real life interior design means working with a restricted budget, a fixed layout. You have to respect the client's wishes, it involves traveling outside the house, making calls, sticking to deadlines, being articulate, knowing different materials (and how to pronounce them), maybe even [gasp] working the weekends, all things that Dream-House Deli dislikes or struggles with. The Sims is a play pretend. It's a fantasy. It's moving a whole kitchen to another room. It's sitting comfortably in your chair and replacing swatches.
No wonder YouTubers start thinking highly of themselves with the constant praise, so when a genuine critique appears, they think you're a jealous troll and turn all passive-aggressive. Haha, thanks!

Deli: "The walls are grey so we might go for a warm flooring to warm it up".
The subscribers: Deli, you know so much about interior design!

Deli: "I'm going to use this CC pack today from Pierisim" *places objects from a cohesively made CC pack with a clear color palette and items that are designed to go well together*
The subscribers: You're a genius. These colors complement each other. How do you do it?

Deli: *places an open shower in the bathroom with a wooden floor right behind the wooden door* / *places a range hood above... a counter*

View attachment 1953837

View attachment 1953890

Yeah, it's The Sims. And anything goes. And that's how it should be. So can we not treat building in The Sims as an interior design portfolio? Because if that's the case, with all due respect to Deli, her design decisions are sloppy and questionable.
She couldn't handle the amount of work that comes with interior design. She's so lazy, she'd quit after day 1 of classes if she went back to school. 🙄

She just thinks it's all fun and games but it's legit work. She's such a clown.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.