Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe a repeat of my last post but this is so nasty. I’m not going to say I condone piracy but to shame people for it when at least urban sims gets the packs for free is so rude. At the end of the day pirating the game doesn’t effect them and is just shaming poor people.
Hey, Jenn, it seems you have some brown on your nose there 💀 In all seriousness though, why is it any of her business?? If people pirate, they're taking the risk of getting caught. EA doesn't need her input, and neither does anyone else

Reactions: 7
I don’t pirate games or anything but I really can’t work up any outrage at people pirating the sims 4.
Doesn’t the original poster in that tweet charge people real life money to make their in game pets? That seems shifty to me.

Jenn aka urban sims getting on her high horse doesn’t surprise me, when EA needs defending you can guarantee like Deli she will be there!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
That’s so nasty🤢 what is it to her if I’m pirating my games or not?? I agree - games ARE a luxury, but I’d argue that paying 40 euro (50% off on all expansion packs on the EA website now btw) for an expansion pack that should already be a part of the game (ahem seasons) is not worth it. So tone deaf and nasty, and, besides - go on then! Do a giveaway! Post a bunch of serial numbers! Choose a random follower and buy all the packs for them! It just occured to me I’ve never seen any of the big simstubers doing a sims giveaway? Is it against some EA rules or something?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
That’s so nasty🤢 what is it to her if I’m pirating my games or not?? I agree - games ARE a luxury, but I’d argue that paying 40 euro (50% off on all expansion packs on the EA website now btw) for an expansion pack that should already be a part of the game (ahem seasons) is not worth it. So tone deaf and nasty, and, besides - go on then! Do a giveaway! Post a bunch of serial numbers! Choose a random follower and buy all the packs for them! It just occured to me I’ve never seen any of the big simstubers doing a sims giveaway? Is it against some EA rules or something?
It’s not. Most of them do it when EA give them free codes to do it.

Reactions: 5
Urban sims has when she gets codes. But it’s not very often!
I think Pixelade has done it off his own dollar.

Reactions: 3
lilsimsie often buys codes to give away during her charity streams, EA gives her some codes as well but she will buy more on top of that.

Reactions: 8
Yeah f it, I'm fully here for pirating sh*tty Sims kits. Entertainment shouldn't have to be a luxury and you shouldn't have to pay hundreds to play a decent Sims game. Coz let's be real, base game Sims is NOT good. I've spent a fortune on Sims 4 (because I'm a dumbass who wants everything now and never waits for sales). I haven't pirated any of them, but only coz I CAN afford it.
Those tweets have the same bs rhetoric as being mad that ppl getting government assistance might dare to spend their money going to the movies. Or buying their kids a gaming console.
Screw EA especially. It's not like theyre some indie company tryna get off the ground. They have proven time and time again that they will release broken, untested, half-assed products and charge whatever the hell they want. The only reason I haven't bought or PIRATED so many recent packs is because they're BUGGY AND BROKEN.
Idk who this person is, but they're an idiot. If EA was actually a respectable company people would want to support it. Hell I'm tempted to just pirate anything else they release just out of spite. I would steal the shirt off the CEOs back and not feel guilty

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Guarantee if these Simmers didn't get the packs for free, and were on an average income they'd be complaining about the absolute tit that EA releases every 5 seconds.
100% this. As shady as he can be sometimes, I've always appreciated that James is fine with criticizing EA and has told people in the past to not spend money on certain packs. He roasted both of the recent kits in his Super Sim live the other day. He does his fair share of ass-kissing, but at least it hasn't stopped him from being honest about the game for the most part.

Reactions: 12
lilsimsie often buys codes to give away during her charity streams, EA gives her some codes as well but she will buy more on top of that.
Ooh I didn’t know that since I only watch Deli and James! Even Deli has done a giveaway… 8 years ago 🤣 still, my point stands, it’s a bit rich to tit on people who pirate their games when they’re the same people who watch videos and pay youtuber bills
B49706F3-C70B-4293-A9E0-B978AE6E72EC.jpeg

Reactions: 7
Maybe a repeat of my last post but this is so nasty. I’m not going to say I condone piracy but to shame people for it when at least urban sims gets the packs for free is so rude. At the end of the day pirating the game doesn’t effect them and is just shaming poor people.
I've never liked Jenn and since her views went down on YT she's been making awful cc and which are basically copied from other creators.

i don’t follow jenn, never watched a video, don’t know anything about her. although her tweets do come onto my twitter every now and then probably through mutual following/topic being the sims. how is she this ignorant. how can anyone with a privilege to a certain thing tit on people worse off than them? someone replied to this tweet pointing out that with her logic on this - if you can afford a fridge, you should be able to afford food. privileged people bleeping piss me off. mind your own business and stop shaming people with less money than you. especially given most of them pay your bills by watching your videos.
E236D502-5709-43FD-894E-600869FD2B67.png

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
i don’t follow jenn, never watched a video, don’t know anything about her. although her tweets do come onto my twitter every now and then probably through mutual following/topic being the sims. how is she this ignorant. how can anyone with a privilege to a certain thing tit on people worse off than them? someone replied to this tweet pointing out that with her logic on this - if you can afford a fridge, you should be able to afford food. privileged people bleeping piss me off. mind your own business and stop shaming people with less money than you. especially given most of them pay your bills by watching your videos.View attachment 1904197
bleeping hell. Computers last years and could be hand me downs. Internet is basically an essential item nowadays. Even if you bought all of those things, maybe you saved for months for a computer and getting internet is already stretching your monthly budget. Tell me you're privilege without saying you're privilege. No to mention, poor people deserve to have down time and enjoy playing some games. Honestly, piracy is probably a drop in EA's loss revenue, it won't even make a dent.

Reactions: 11
Oh please.

The game is trash, is what it is. No matter how many DLCs or pronoun updates you throw on it. It's fundamentally badly done. When was the last time we got a DLC that didn't need 2 patches after? They're selling unfinished products. The whole game is one big unfinished product. As if EA executives aren't stealing by setting a tight budget and schedule for the developers while lining their pockets with the money from previously released buggy DLCs. It's also stealing, from us, from their subordinates, just fancier and socially acceptable in our consumerist society. So, it's fine when the big guys are being fraudulent and make false promises but god forbid an average Joe pirates their crappy overpriced game.

Without piracy, a lot of people wouldn't be able to find their interests because games, music, books and movies wouldn't be otherwise available to them at that young age. I never bought The Sims 1, I just got the CD from someone in my neighbourhood. The game sparked my interest in English, then in languages in general and I went on to study languages.

I say, be resourceful. We're already overpaying for everything else, if a free Sims expansion will cheer you up after a long week, that's not at all a bad thing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh please.

The game is trash, is what it is. No matter how many DLCs or pronoun updates you throw on it. It's fundamentally badly done. When was the last time we got a DLC that didn't need 2 patches after? They're selling unfinished products. The whole game is one big unfinished product. As if EA executives aren't stealing by setting a tight budget and schedule for the developers while lining their pockets with the money from previously released buggy DLCs. It's also stealing, from us, from their subordinates, just fancier and socially acceptable in our consumerist society. So, it's fine when the big guys are being fraudulent and make false promises but god forbid an average Joe pirates their crappy overpriced game.

Without piracy, a lot of people wouldn't be able to find their interests because games, music, books and movies wouldn't be otherwise available to them at that young age. I never bought The Sims 1, I just got the disk from someone in my neighbourhood. The game sparked my interest in English, then in languages in general and I went on to study languages.

I say, be resourceful. We're already overpaying for everything else, if a free Sims expansion will cheer you up after a long week, that's not at all a bad thing.
Totally. Sims 4 is a rip off. I used to play the sims 3 every day. I loved it. I haven't played the sims 4 in a month, probably. It's completely boring and broken. Were it not for my laptop, I would still be playing the sims 3.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
no one hates the sims 4 more than anyone who tries to play the sims 4 regularly, which might honestly be why sims 4 youtubers are so irritating.

I'd wager that Urban Sims has stolen or pirated something at least once in her life. She really shouldn't be casting stones in her glass mansion 🙄

Anyone around for the birth of the internet remembers pirating music off Napster or limewire. Anyone who remembers DVD burning software was coping all those Netflix dvds when it was dvd by mail, before streaming. People are still pirating movies and TV shows 🤷‍♀️, why is anyone so concerned about what other people do?

If YOU don't like pirating, don't do it. Simple. If you don't agree with pirating, it's fine to say it. But there's a point where you can just say you don't agree and let. It. Go.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I feel like we’re slowly seeing the Sims 4 crumble before our very eyes. Like this toddler update is the make-or-break for most but knowing the game changers, it’s gonna feel like we should be on our knees thanking the EA/ Maxis team for giving us toddlers.

jesse liked these tweets 🤣
4D0613D2-6361-4BEF-A8D2-34BE581F1774.jpeg
3B16FACD-04BC-42B0-9853-20792547AA89.jpeg

ok make it make sense. all i’ve seen all day is jenn constantly contradicting herself and gaslighting. weird af
B1088900-6E86-4D07-8FE7-C22FF15B2989.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.