Sims YouTubers #5 James and Deli are eternally grateful, Lilsimsie's suburbans are getting painful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes. It’s honestly just an excuse for her to talk at length about her ~edgy~ opinions and rehash the same boring stories that she’s told 100 times before.

She went on again about how there were vampire stories on The Sims 2 Exchange and that this introduced her to Twilight. She claims that the Twilight book wasn’t available in the UK until the film came out but I’m sure that’s not the case.

“Sometimes I’ve thought about getting a Plumbella uniform so that I don’t have to dress myself each day” - what? Does she mean work clothes to wear when recording? Or the same outfit to wear every single day like Bart Simpson?

She also asked if we want a video about the Bella Goth mystery!!! She’s done about 28 of them already!!!
Thank you for saving us all from watching that. I am pretty sure Twilight was available before the movie. I had a friend who loved the books and I’m sure she knew of it before the film.

I’m sorry but she really thinks she’s an expert on Sims lore. And like you say she’s done hundreds of them. But I guess she’s got to to something until she gets early access to growing together.

Reactions: 3
Thank you for saving us all from watching that.
No problem! I shan’t bother transcribing the very boring story about how she was in Specsavers for an eye appointment when the 20th anniversary hot tub came out… 🙄

Reactions: 2
uhm imagine a black person KINDLY telling you something is offensive/upsetting to them and this is your response.. my god. every other big sims youtuber has changed their language why can’t she? why can’t she just accept that black people find it offensive and instead has to go search the internet as an excuse to keep using it
BAE5DE34-62A2-4875-9DD0-D81F488DB3B8.png
02957F85-4FE7-4511-BCB1-C3CF1764AF13.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
uhm imagine a black person KINDLY telling you something is offensive/upsetting to them and this is your response.. my god. every other big sims youtuber has changed their language why can’t she? why can’t she just accept that black people find it offensive and instead has to go search the internet as an excuse to keep using it View attachment 1940089View attachment 1940090
What in the actual duck though, what’s wrong with her? I’ve always thought she was kind of clueless in a sheltered, slightly dumb way. But this is something else. I’m white and I can’t even imagine saying something like that in response to someone telling me my word choice was offensive and rooted in racism. I’d be mortified, not “well I did my research and you’re wrong, soooo….” I’m seriously so embarrassed for her 💀

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
It’s an issue where the word has different meanings in different contexts.

In Britain (and, by extension of colonialism, Australia), “master” would refer to the master of the house. There’s a song by that name in Les Miserables that has no relation to slavery. There are obviously sexist connotations as it positions the man as the leader of the family/household/property. This seems to be where the phrase “master bedroom” comes from.

In America, “master” recalls the slavery era and the slave master would have had the largest bedroom on the plantation house. The American middle-class hasn’t been around long enough for “master“ to refer to the man of the everyday house.

However (and this is the most important point) – Deligracy is communicating to a global audience. In that instance, the most sensible thing to do woils probably be to use the phrase “main bedroom” or whatever. Regardless of the tenuous connection to slavery, it’s just an old-fashioned term in general as there are plenty of houses with no masters living within them!

There is probably a conversation about globalism and the jingoistic trend in recent years around “if it’s offensive in America, it’s offensive everywhere” but this is probably not the time nor place to have it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
However (and this is the most important point) – Deligracy is communicating to a global audience. In that instance, the most sensible thing to do woils probably be to use the phrase “main bedroom” or whatever. Regardless of the tenuous connection to slavery, it’s just an old-fashioned term in general as there are plenty of houses with no masters living within them!
Right. So even in the most generous assessment, if not racist, it’s at least sexist af. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m sure there was conversation about this either earlier this thread or last thread.

Yeah this has come up before. I’m in the U.K. and I have never heard it in a racial context as an insult. I also don’t use it, when we were house hunting I never said “Let’s see the master bedroom” But if I had a global audience I would think twice about using it, particularly when it’s been pointed out to her.

I know Cindy doesn't post Sims content anymore but if you are a fan of hers, she could use some support right now. 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m watching Cindy’s videos at the moment. Some of her stuff I experience with regards to fertility issues so I admit I don’t always watch those but I feel very bad for her right now.

Reactions: 6
I really feel for Cindy and I think she needs to get off the internet and seek out therapy

Reactions: 3
This is so much personal information in a tweet like girl get OFF the internet it'll do your anxiety wonders?! Your viewers are not your close friends or therapists. Would you go up to someone in a bar and tell them your parents are divorced, your grandparents died recently and you're about to tit yourself cause you had some ice cream? So why is it ok to tweet that?
I was having a hard time putting words on my feelings, this is it. The oversharing is awful. And the way it's written too. 😭 "I'll start" just after asking a question is the definition of "I don't actually care about you, I just wanna talk about me since no one is asking" 😭

Poor Cindy can't catch a brake. I really liked her vlogs. Honestly, I thought he was kind of weird with her and didn't seem very in love, so I kind of saw it coming...

I watched Deli’s newest video and it was actually alright for the most part but there’s one part where she mentions never having a toilet plunger her entire life. I know this is petty but first of all how do you go you’re entire adult life without having something so basic and second I swear I’ve heard on here that Deli was posting about having bad poops yet she’s never needed a toilet plunger???

Also had this tweet pop up and the fact she’s bringing up her horrible nachos as part of her life is sure something.
View attachment 1939205
Deli is trying to play like, the tragedy Olympics. And it's cringe af. Like no shade, but a huge portion of the population lives with some form of mental illness. Likewise how many ppl have divorced parents? Have lost their grandparents? Jfc. It just irritates me because - not to play the tragedy Olympics myself - I've lived through plenty of mass scale trauma. But that wouldn't be my 'life storyline', because I have a lot of hobbies and skills and personality traits and wins that would come in first. This is just so... Ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Notice how, outside of her career, Deligracy’s life storyline doesn’t include many achievements. It’s all stuff that’s happened to her.

She’s a passive participant in her own life.

uhm imagine a black person KINDLY telling you something is offensive/upsetting to them and this is your response.. my god. every other big sims youtuber has changed their language why can’t she? why can’t she just accept that black people find it offensive and instead has to go search the internet as an excuse to keep using it View attachment 1940089View attachment 1940090
I don't really understand the whole "master bedroom" debate to be honest, but her response doesn't make sense. Why would you tell someone that is triggered by a word that you've made your own research and AKTUAALLYYYY... :unsure: In that case then just don't answer the comment in the first place lol. Also :
"if it's upsetting my viewers anyway" But it has been upsetting your viewers before ?? Remember guys ? She had posted a video once saying that someone told her the exact same thing and she was trying to be quirky like "I won't say it anymore... Master bedroom... oh oopsie I mean main bedroom hihi it's so hard !!".
What she did :
- saw someone complaining about the use of the word, didn't make any research on it to form an opinion, declared she wasn't gonna use it anymore and still used it in a "funny way hihi haha oopsiedoopsie" (the first video)
- apparently made her research AFTER saying she would stop using the word and decided to start using the word again
- saw other people complaining about it and decided to answer them telling them they're wrong 🤭
- ends up with "it's easy to change". You literally tried and couldn't keep up with it. WHAT ARE YOU EVEN ON ABOUT ?? Is she mentally okay ? 💀
---

I've lived through plenty of mass scale trauma. But that wouldn't be my 'life storyline', because I have a lot of hobbies and skills and personality traits and wins that would come in first. This is just so... Ugh.
Yeah, why is her life storyline "my parents are divorced and both my grandparents are dead it's hard" 💀

• Angry
I feel so sorry for Cindy I just wish she had someone to be with her right now. Part of me wants to tell her to come away from the internet and stop oversharing but I am also very aware that vlogging is likely her only source of income and I wish she was able to get those views from other less personal sources. Mental health sucks
---

I don't really understand the whole "master bedroom" debate to be honest, but her response doesn't make sense. Why would you tell someone that is triggered by a word that you've made your own research and AKTUAALLYYYY... :unsure: In that case then just don't answer the comment in the first place lol. Also :
"if it's upsetting my viewers anyway" But it has been upsetting your viewers before ?? Remember guys ? She had posted a video once saying that someone told her the exact same thing and she was trying to be quirky like "I won't say it anymore... Master bedroom... oh oopsie I mean main bedroom hihi it's so hard !!".
What she did :
- saw someone complaining about the use of the word, didn't make any research on it to form an opinion, declared she wasn't gonna use it anymore and still used it in a "funny way hihi haha oopsiedoopsie" (the first video)
- apparently made her research AFTER saying she would stop using the word and decided to start using the word again
- saw other people complaining about it and decided to answer them telling them they're wrong 🤭
- ends up with "it's easy to change". You literally tried and couldn't keep up with it. WHAT ARE YOU EVEN ON ABOUT ?? Is she mentally okay ? 💀
---

Yeah, why is her life storyline "my parents are divorced and both my grandparents are dead it's hard" 💀
My parents are divorced 7 times between them do I win a prize.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I feel so sorry for Cindy I just wish she had someone to be with her right now. Part of me wants to tell her to come away from the internet and stop oversharing but I am also very aware that vlogging is likely her only source of income and I wish she was able to get those views from other less personal sources. Mental health sucks
Yeah... and also, she doesn't seem to have many friends... I think youtube is kind of her escape and her only chance to connect to people. What a crappy situation. The fact she isn't able to take her pets is even worse for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Yeah... and also, she doesn't seem to have many friends... I think youtube is kind of her escape and her only chance to connect to people. What a crappy situation. The fact she isn't able to take her pets is even worse for her.
Whats her youtube?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.