Sims YouTubers #3 Sydney Macoretta, Pixelade, Kelsey Impicciche, EnglishSimmer etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How much are disney paying simmers to play the new disney game it's all I'm seeing on YouTube. Or is it just Simstubers jumping on a popular bandwagon like they did with animal crossing.
As for the difference in attitude regarding James and delis money habits for what it's worth here's my thoughts. I personally don't care what anyone spends their money on but it can be a little crass to talk about it when people in the world are literally having to choose between eating and heating. Deli talks about material possessions alot James really doesn't Also it appears that James has a better work ethic than Deli and regardless if whether you like his content it is regular and reliable.

Reactions: 6
If Disney are sponsoring them to play it seems very sensible on both sides. Disney gets to push into the life-simulation market that has hitherto been dominated by the Sims, and grabs a slice of that potentially very lucrative market (for god knows people who play the Sims are proven to be willing to pay a lot for expansion packs). And Youtubers who are perhaps bored of the Sims have the chance to get in on the ground floor of a potential new audience for their videos. Win-win for Disney and the Youtubers.

Reactions: 3
In regards to Delis and James spending habits I don't necessarily care about how they spend their money but I'm not sure why posting it to your young audience constantly is something they do. Deli always makes it obvious that she buys stuff and wants to get sent things as an influencer, while James doesn't seem to beg for sponsors in that way with the lego sets. Also from what I remember Deli grew up very privileged and rich her entire life, and those people tend to just have the mindset that expensive= higher quality and that anything cheap can't be good. I'm not saying it justifies Delis spending but I can understand not wanting to feel like you're compromising on something and getting the best of the best for what you're buying, especially when you grew up like that. I just hope they can learn to manage their finances better in the future and actually know what they're buying and why.

Reactions: 5
I don't even know what or who state farms is and I couldn't be bothered to watch. Is it just sims streamers reacting to be gifted subs? How much is 500 subs in pounds or dollars

Reactions: 1
....StateFarm??? This is so weird.
Lilsimsie is represented by a management team so she can get these bigger sponsors. That is why I don't doubt that she is making some of the dollar figures that people quote.

Reactions: 2
I agree with @mermaidish and @Charlene78. I don't actually care what they spend their money on, it's their money. But when you've been very clearly putting minimum effort into your videos for the past couple of years and are, at this point, overpaid for the content you put out, yet still act as if you deserve more and as if it's unfair how you can't afford everything you want while already in a privileged position, I will find that irritating.

James has been making content for over a decade and his content is still, at least in my opinion, fun. He also does what he does with a level of professionalism. You'll never see him post that a video is coming tonight, then not post it. If he had an issue while filming, whether his mic was off or something unexpected happened, he will refilm that part. He reads and addresses the comments. You won't see him post on Twitter that he's tired and drag that narrative for weeks. You don't see him posting his Lego wishlist on Instagram and writing "too bad it's too expensive" while simultaneously waiting for a MyTheresa haul to arrive and having a "How to build a wall" tutorial as this week's content, a part of the "How to" series that will end with its second video. He is still working actively on his channel and has long ago recognized what works for him and his viewers. He treats it as his job. Deli treats it as "I have reached a million subscribers, so the hard work is behind me...how unfair that I still can't get a new kitchen and solar panels at the same time" *cries in $270 dress while paying for her 5th health program*.

I do, however, agree that James picked up some mannerisms from Dr. Gluon and that Gluon deserves to be mentioned more in general because he's great.
And Deli did get worse with James, because it allowed her to be lazier. She certainly could not afford 3 weeks of periods when she was paying everything for herself.
I totally agree. I don’t care if content creators make a lot of money, but I don when they obviously make a lot of money and it doesn’t reflect in their content. It’s a slap in the face to those who work hard or small content creators who are busting their butts and just getting by. And I too find James a nice, and respectful guy. It’s too bad watching him be in a relationship that is almost dragging him down, or is trying to at least. I wish him the best.

I don't even know what or who state farms is and I couldn't be bothered to watch. Is it just sims streamers reacting to be gifted subs? How much is 500 subs in pounds or dollars
A sub is $5 USD. But twitch takes 50% of all subs. So after they take their cut 500 subs is $1,250 USD.

Reactions: 5
I've been really into James playing Cities: Skylines, so much so I got it myself and started playing it and it's SO tedious to play it, nothing works the way I want it to, everything looks ugly, I find it so hard to progress in it, I'm constantly broke and my citizens die off. James has uploaded around 30 hours of him playing it and his city looks gorgeous all while he's still entertaining and fun to watch. I feel like I'll allow him to have the 600 euro titanic lego set just for that😆
Cities: Skylines is a great game, but it's as fiddly as hell, yeah, and leads to moments of intense frustration (just as it's predecessor SimCity did).

It is sometimes a lot more relaxing to simply watch someone like James build a beautiful city whilst chatting amiably for 30 minutes...or watch Ambiguous Amphibian build and destroy a metaphor for capitalism and corporate greed and whilst stating the need for a flood to come and wash it all away (so many of his life-sim videos end with the apocalypse, it's a little worrying).

Either way, they are fun videos to watch, and to be able to provide entertainment so consistently is a useful skill to have, I am glad James enjoys his Lego and Ambiguous enjoys...I dunno, from his videos I feel perhaps his Youtube money is going towards building a concrete bunker somewhere in the desert...:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Cities: Skylines is a great game, but it's as fiddly as hell, yeah, and leads to moments of intense frustration (just as it's predecessor SimCity did).

It is sometimes a lot more relaxing to simply watch someone like James build a beautiful city whilst chatting amiably for 30 minutes...or watch Ambiguous Amphibian build and destroy a metaphor for capitalism and corporate greed and whilst stating the need for a flood to come and wash it all away (so many of his life-sim videos end with the apocalypse, it's a little worrying).

Either way, they are fun videos to watch, and to be able to provide entertainment so consistently is a useful skill to have, I am glad James enjoys his Lego and Ambiguous enjoys...I dunno, from his videos I feel perhaps his Youtube money is going towards building a concrete bunker somewhere in the desert...:ROFLMAO:
Sounds like I am gonna have to watch James play city skylines!

Why is she even posting this as if the person who "crashed" into it is reading this and shaking in their boots.

I've been really into James playing Cities: Skylines, so much so I got it myself and started playing it and it's SO tedious to play it, nothing works the way I want it to, everything looks ugly, I find it so hard to progress in it, I'm constantly broke and my citizens die off. James has uploaded around 30 hours of him playing it and his city looks gorgeous all while he's still entertaining and fun to watch. I feel like I'll allow him to have the 600 euro titanic lego set just for that😆
I LOVE Flabaliki! Much more than Sims videos. I watched all 90+ Sedona videos in Skylines haha

I agree with @mermaidish and @Charlene78. I don't actually care what they spend their money on, it's their money. But when you've been very clearly putting minimum effort into your videos for the past couple of years and are, at this point, overpaid for the content you put out, yet still act as if you deserve more and as if it's unfair how you can't afford everything you want while already in a privileged position, I will find that irritating.

James has been making content for over a decade and his content is still, at least in my opinion, fun. He also does what he does with a level of professionalism. You'll never see him post that a video is coming tonight, then not post it. If he had an issue while filming, whether his mic was off or something unexpected happened, he will refilm that part. He reads and addresses the comments. You won't see him post on Twitter that he's tired and drag that narrative for weeks. You don't see him posting his Lego wishlist on Instagram and writing "too bad it's too expensive" while simultaneously waiting for a MyTheresa haul to arrive and having a "How to build a wall" tutorial as this week's content, a part of the "How to" series that will end with its second video. He is still working actively on his channel and has long ago recognized what works for him and his viewers. He treats it as his job. Deli treats it as "I have reached a million subscribers, so the hard work is behind me...how unfair that I still can't get a new kitchen and solar panels at the same time" *cries in $270 dress while paying for her 5th health program*.

I do, however, agree that James picked up some mannerisms from Dr. Gluon and that Gluon deserves to be mentioned more in general because he's great.
And Deli did get worse with James, because it allowed her to be lazier. She certainly could not afford 3 weeks of periods when she was paying everything for herself.
wow you absolutely nailed it on the head there

How much are disney paying simmers to play the new disney game it's all I'm seeing on YouTube. Or is it just Simstubers jumping on a popular bandwagon like they did with animal crossing.
They are definitely getting paid to promote the game. Don't tell me ALL the youtubers who only play The Sims all of a sudden want to play this new Disney game 😂 It's like when they ALL promoted that new zoo game and then poof the game was never played again by any of them.

---

It's amazing how Deligracy manages to be annoying everytime she opens her mouth.

Look how hardworking I am guys, I woke up at 5:30. Of course she also reminded us at the start of her video, she even wore a hoodie because I bet it's cold at 5:30 isn't it... Poor Deli working so hard for us
It reminds me of this French candidate for the elections, Pécresse, who made a joke of herself multiple times during her campaign. She had shared a video on Twitter saying "it is 5am and we're leaving for work now, this is the life of a real candidate" and everyone got mad at how out of touch she was (if anyone is curious to see it lol : youtu.be/oxUES03bi8Q)
Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 09-01-03 Stories • Instagram.png

She is delusional.
Oh yeah Deligracy, they 100% fixed those glitches that have been in the game for years in a week's time thanks to you and your hard work sharing the list to them because they definitely were clueless about them, thank you again ^_^
Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 09-01-13 Stories • Instagram.png

Oh no you guys, it's 9am, her daily omelette attacked her, it's all over for two weeks, she can't work in those conditions
Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 09-08-52 Stories • Instagram.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t get the dr gluon thing tbh. I find him so irritating 😂
I totally agree. He seems like a super nice guy and that he has a heart of gold, but his sense of humor and content is way too juvenile to me. I haven’t watched any of his YT videos, but I have watched his streams a few times and I can’t watch for more than a couple minutes and I leave because I just can’t stand how.. immature.. his humor and community are. It’s almost like he is trying to entertain young children. He is an incredible builder and incredibly creative, but his streams are just weird.

Oh my god Deli is such an ass kisser for EA !!!
She started by announcing in her latest patch video that she was having ZERO issue with her game. Then it changed to "oh I am having a couple issues" to her new patch video where she is now saying that she's had glitches like the garden resetting itself...

She listed all the glitches that people have commented about on her latest patch video and these are major glitches, like you can't play the game anymore glitches. But instead of adressing that by saying that this isn't okay, she comments positively on EA's new Twitter account that will be posting about new updates when I'm pretty sure NO ONE cares about that crap. :rolleyes: She says "I am happy they added this new account because I was always confused about where to get the patch notes", excuse me WHAT ??? 😵

Clapping and saying things like "very good", "well done", "love that". I'm not watching the rest of this crap

• Angry
I totally agree. He seems like a super nice guy and that he has a heart of gold, but his sense of humor and content is way too juvenile to me. I haven’t watched any of his YT videos, but I have watched his streams a few times and I can’t watch for more than a couple minutes and I leave because I just can’t stand how.. immature.. his humor and community are. It’s almost like he is trying to entertain young children. He is an incredible builder and incredibly creative, but his streams are just weird.
I’ve only watched him on the sparkd series and I thought he came across terribly and a bit like an entitled prick imo!

I just Googled “Dr Gluon age” and I can’t believe that man is only 27 years old?!?!

I thought it was a 45-year-old playing The Sims!

2_Mo1.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Googling about a therapy and asking people on twitter about it rather than just asking the person that put you in it is a choice. I get wanting to know exactly what you’re doing but it’s not like she could have talked to an actual professional about what it was like when they were going through this. Asking the internet for medical advice is one of the worst things you can do especially with mental health where not everyone has the same experience with therapy and other practices. View attachment 1571147
I don't think this is bad - I replied with an explanation, as a person with a healthcare background. She was trying to understand what it was that they offered, which isn't the same as outright medical advice. OTs adapt the environment to the person anyway, it's not a curative intervention.

If she looks up about OT most of the information will be about physical disabilities/limitations, and whilst it's obvious to me how that translates to MH/Autism I can see why someone might not be able to visualise that. Especially someone who is autistic and may need things explained more literally. My main criticism would be the lack of explanation from her own healthcare provider in making the offer at all.

I just Googled “Dr Gluon age” and I can’t believe that man is only 27 years old?!?!

I thought it was a 45-year-old playing The Sims!

View attachment 1577194
You’re having a laugh?! There’s absolutely no way!!! I’m actually gobsmacked 😂

You’re having a laugh?! There’s absolutely no way!!! I’m actually gobsmacked 😂
I’ve just googled his age and his birthday is even a day after mine in the same year. This 45 year old man was born A DAY AFTER me - Nearly fell off my bloody chair!!! 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
It's a running joke on his Twitch channel that he turns 26 every year, so someone probably put 1994 as his year of birth. His real age isn't public knowledge.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.