Sims YouTubers #3 Sydney Macoretta, Pixelade, Kelsey Impicciche, EnglishSimmer etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure where those numbers are coming from.
There was a Twitch leak in 2022 and it showed Lilsimsie got paid $700,000 over the course of two years. That's not counting donations, merch, sponsorships, Youtube or anything else. She could easily clear $500,000 to $1 million a year with all her revenue streams. And that formula for sponsorships is really low. I highly doubt Lilsimsie only makes $3000 for a sponsorship. She could wipe her butt with $3000 and have lost nothing. Just a few years ago, people in the brand deal industry were talking about bigish Youtubers pulling in 10, 20, 30 and sometimes even $100,000 per sponsorship, so I think there might be different calculations for bigger personalities.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I’m still not sure I believe that. Not everything on the internet is real. But regardless I still think she makes way too much money, just like a lot of content creators. I watched this really interesting Tik tok the other day of this woman who is in social media management and has successfully predicted trends in social media for the past 7 years. She was saying how content creators became really popular over the last few years, and because of that, quit their day job to become full time content creators. But because they completely changed what made them successful and popular to begin with, there is a slight decline in their content and she thinks that viewers are going to want to go to more authentic content creators rather than people who are forcing content, always being sponsored by companies that don’t make sense, etc.. I actually TOTALLY agree with what she said. There was this YouTuber who was a lawyer and she would talk about real life cases, or really big cases that people are familiar with from history and would talk about them from a lawyers perspective. I found her videos SO interesting. Well she ended up making so much money from YouTube she quit her job as a lawyer, and ever since then her content has been strictly to put content out rather than posting actually interesting videos.
I’m curious to see if/when this changes for simmers. I think we already have see it with deli. That or it’s just her lack of content and consistency that is the reason why she has been getting fewer and fewer views.

Reactions: 6
I’m probably lilsimsie’s biggest critic on these threads but I do appreciate that she appears to be playing the long game. I think that, deep down, she knows that she won’t be able to sustain this as a career until retirement so is making (and - by virtue of never leaving her house - saving) as much money as possible whilst the sun shines.

This is the exact opposite of James Turner and Deligracy, who seem to be treating their (already precarious) careers as a vocation and spending money like there’s no tomorrow.

This is obviously an ill-informed outside perspective (for all we know, James may be investing in stocks and shares on the side and be raking it in).
I definitely don't think James is the one spending big, it would be deli!

Reactions: 1
Just seen Deli post her working out for the millionth time, generally think I may have to unfollow her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'd call this more of a bump rather than a crash 👀 Is this a Tesla ?
Why is she even posting this as if the person who "crashed" into it is reading this and shaking in their boots.

I've been really into James playing Cities: Skylines, so much so I got it myself and started playing it and it's SO tedious to play it, nothing works the way I want it to, everything looks ugly, I find it so hard to progress in it, I'm constantly broke and my citizens die off. James has uploaded around 30 hours of him playing it and his city looks gorgeous all while he's still entertaining and fun to watch. I feel like I'll allow him to have the 600 euro titanic lego set just for that😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh yes, tell us more about how you shat yourself and had diarrhea, lovely
I sense a vlog idea right there you guys, that's the content we want

And it's never done right 💀 Last one she posted she had her feet lifting again
Next post she blamed it on butter, I s2g she mentions she cooks with butter all the time?

Reactions: 3
I wouldn’t be so confident.

All purchases Id make too 😂 well to be honest, ive spend many of 100's on lego 😬😬😂
Issue is I don't think James is going around spending 100's of dollars on clothing pieces then whinging they have no money for renovations 😂

No but you don't understand, she uses organic grass fed ghee, not butter, okay, you and I are not the same /s
I just had a look at the price of organic grass fed ghee and its around 11.20aus/7.61 euros for 500ml. It would be okay but I feel she would probably go through it pretty fast.

Some people are making an awful lot of excuses for the frivolous spending of the man in the household (Lego toys) but are highly forensic in their criticisms of how his live-in partner spends her money on what essentially amounts to day-to-day essentials (clothes, a car, vegetables).

Reactions: 10
Some people are making an awful lot of excuses for the frivolous spending of the man in the household (Lego toys) but are highly forensic in their criticisms of how his live-in partner spends her money on what essentially amounts to day-to-day essentials (clothes, a car, vegetables).
I love hearing Deli whinge about how she can't have her dream home because she has no money to make it happen yet she is happy to spend a tit load of money on veg, cars and clothing. Maybe if she didn't buy the most organic food, buy an expensive car and pay an awful amount of money for 1 dress, she may actually be able to save that money and spend it on her house. You never really hear James talk about that stuff.

Reactions: 1
For me it’s the inconsistency, it’s irritating for her to whine that some things like a shirt are “too expensive ☹“ while dropping 100s on a dress or furry shoes the next week. She’s clearly not struggling, I find it quite tasteless for her to complain frivolous things are too expensive

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the James apologism in this thread is pretty thick. To balance it out, I freaking can’t stand the guy. He has these forced little things he says “lets goooo” “ah yeah” “batuu!” And i feel like the better parts of his personality (such as it is) is ripped off from Dr. Gluon, who is actually interesting and creative

Also he has a bad habit of spitting into the mic and it’s irritating as duck.

Also deli got much worse when they became a couple. Not sure if that’s his fault, but its true.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
A Tesla, designer clothing and exclusively organic food aren’t day-to-day essentials, they’re luxuries.

The problem most people have with Deli is her complaining about how she can’t do everything she wants for a home renovation because it’s too expensive…then spends $700+ on what seemed like a date night outfit. Rich people complaining they’re not rich enough is obnoxious, especially given the current state of the world.

People go a bit easier on James because he doesn’t complain, at least publicly, the way Deli does.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think we tend to "like" James a bit more because people like his content but also because he doesn't share much about his life. I mean, I don't have Twitter so the Lego posts are news to me, but I feel like he'd also be annoying if he was sharing his life like Deli is :unsure:

I think people are more annoyed about Deligracy's way of spending money than James' because James' Legos are his hobby and he seems to be hardworking (compared to Deli at least), and he doesn't complain about not being able to afford ALL organic veggies or "having to" cut on milk and maple syrup because it's too expensive. When you choose a 250$ dress that looks like it's from Shein over actual high quality food, yes, I find you dumb af. 👀

Regarding the expensive foods she buys, I don't think it's bad per say, but I find it humorous that she keeps spending money on expensive tit just because it's expensive and because it sounds special (organic, ghee, extra virgin olive oil...) when she has proven time and again that she has NO clue why they're actually better, because she doesn't research anything. It's this mindset of "oh I've heard it's good and it's expensive so it has to be good and I'll buy it". I'd respect her more if she was actually trying to buy zero waste things or locally produced foods (or food that is not super far from her) or at least researched things she buys.

But I think in the end the annoying thing for all of us is how she keeps complaining about things being expensive. There is nothing more annoying than someone pushing their privilege on you AND STILL complaining. I'm happy for her that she can afford healthy foods and blablabla but when you complain you have to know your audience, don't complain to us who I'm sure a lot are struggling or at least can't afford to spend 250$ on a dumb dress every other day.

She could probably afford the other stuff she wants if she was more careful about her money in general... But she won't, because she wants it all, she doesn't want to compromise on anything, she wants that lifestyle that she can't actually (fully) afford. She'll spend all her money and then be like "oh oops I got no money left", that's not how life as an adult works. If you know you'll need money for house renovation, you BUDGET, you choose where you'll cut some spendings, you work harder to bring more money home (since she can)... Who needs a bunch of 50$ cushions for example, I bet her sofa decoration is worth more than my entire flat furniture at this point 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I agree with @mermaidish and @Charlene78. I don't actually care what they spend their money on, it's their money. But when you've been very clearly putting minimum effort into your videos for the past couple of years and are, at this point, overpaid for the content you put out, yet still act as if you deserve more and as if it's unfair how you can't afford everything you want while already in a privileged position, I will find that irritating.

James has been making content for over a decade and his content is still, at least in my opinion, fun. He also does what he does with a level of professionalism. You'll never see him post that a video is coming tonight, then not post it. If he had an issue while filming, whether his mic was off or something unexpected happened, he will refilm that part. He reads and addresses the comments. You won't see him post on Twitter that he's tired and drag that narrative for weeks. You don't see him posting his Lego wishlist on Instagram and writing "too bad it's too expensive" while simultaneously waiting for a MyTheresa haul to arrive and having a "How to build a wall" tutorial as this week's content, a part of the "How to" series that will end with its second video. He is still working actively on his channel and has long ago recognized what works for him and his viewers. He treats it as his job. Deli treats it as "I have reached a million subscribers, so the hard work is behind me...how unfair that I still can't get a new kitchen and solar panels at the same time" *cries in $270 dress while paying for her 5th health program*.

I do, however, agree that James picked up some mannerisms from Dr. Gluon and that Gluon deserves to be mentioned more in general because he's great.
And Deli did get worse with James, because it allowed her to be lazier. She certainly could not afford 3 weeks of periods when she was paying everything for herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
it doesnt bother me that simsie or whoever makes money and gets sponsorships. companies dont care about helping people, just making money so they go to the big names. on the list of people in the world who get overpaid, simsie doesnt register for me. good for her she made a career off of playing games.

i also agree that she must know she has to retire earlier than if she had a regular job, no one will be watching 60 year old simsie (unless she changes her online personality a lot). i think the one who should be worried is deli, she's going to have to get a normal job long before simsie

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.