Sims YouTubers #3 Sydney Macoretta, Pixelade, Kelsey Impicciche, EnglishSimmer etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've said this before on threads but one of my bugbears is people bragging about what time they get up. The only people who do that do it because it's out of the ordinary for them. Millions of people wake up early every day without needing asspats for it.

Reactions: 7
Are all the game changers playing Dreamlight Valley? I know lilsimsie and Deli were/are but that’s about it. I expect for many are doing it because there is a lot of crossover with the audiences. Like when they all jumped on Animal Crossing new Horizons.

Deli is a simp for EA. Always had been, always will be. It’s one of the reasons I can’t stand her. I actually think James can be really annoying as well In his LPs but at least he creates content which is more than be said for many of the game changers.

I have tried to watch Dr Gluon but he doesn’t click with me. I remember reading he was difficult during that Spark show but of course it could be rubbish. I don’t believe he’s 26!

So Deli won’t wake up to for the trailer drop of a new EP but gets up at 5:30 for a minor game patch?

Also, didn’t she say before her goal is to wake up at 6 every day? If so, then getting up 30 whole minutes earlier isn’t that impressive 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So Deli won’t wake up to for the trailer drop of a new EP but gets up at 5:30 for a minor game patch?

Also, didn’t she say before her goal is to wake up at 6 every day? If so, then getting up 30 whole minutes earlier isn’t that impressive 😂
Deli works sooo hard don’t you know?
Imagine getting up that early to defend EA🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Totally random and off topic but does anyone know of good simmers who play the sims 2? I never really got into sims 4😂

Reactions: 1
Totally random and off topic but does anyone know of good simmers who play the sims 2? I never really got into sims 4😂
I was a fan of Pleasant Sims but she had some personal issues and I'm not sure if she's still playing/uploading. Her old LPs were really fun though, I would recommend them.

Reactions: 4
I totally agree. He seems like a super nice guy and that he has a heart of gold, but his sense of humor and content is way too juvenile to me. I haven’t watched any of his YT videos, but I have watched his streams a few times and I can’t watch for more than a couple minutes and I leave because I just can’t stand how.. immature.. his humor and community are. It’s almost like he is trying to entertain young children. He is an incredible builder and incredibly creative, but his streams are just weird.
I’ve watched his YT videos and I think they are just a compilation of his streams.
Also, I’ve tried to search his age, but I have never found it. I can not believe he is 26. He is married and he has kids (not that you can’t have kids or be married a that age, don’t get me wrong.. I was 26 when I got married). I just think he is 30-something. Like >33?

Reactions: 1
Let's be real, her waking up early has nothing to do with the patch. Since when did "patch news" become something that needs to be reacted to right away? And when did she ever care? It's just Deli patting herself on the back for being so productive.

She tells her viewers to report the bugs they have in the comments so she could "compile a list". And then what? Does she think the Sims team are anxiously waiting for Deli's bug list? Is she not aware there's a whole forum for bug reports? She's acting like it's 2014 and this game just came out a few months ago.

Reactions: 9
Drgluons real age and name etc are not public knowledge its a joke that he is 26 and blatantly not true. Also on sparkd he was portrayed as being boorish and sexist and racist to create drama for the reality show and portray others in his own team in a more favourable light. All three members of gluons team were playing a part. It worked that team won. Sparkd was a ridiculous over the top reality show. I do think drgluon has some interesting ideas and I do like that he is relatively inventive with what he does but I do get irritated when he doesn't seem to know the basics of the game. It's like is he doing it to create chaos or does he genuinely not know what he's doing.
I was watching his 100 baby challenge and the matriarch kept passing out from exhaustion but it never occurred to him to send her home to sleep and his toddlers rarely if ever get potty trained or bathed. How can you play and stream for 6 hours plus a day and not understand the basics.

Reactions: 2
YIKES! Lilsimsie's State Farm video has 49k views in about a day. Her lowest performing video for quite some time. There is a downside to pushing so many sponsorships, people get tired of them. What tween/teen is going to click a video about State Farm? Time will tell if this has harmed her viewership because kids are notorious for finding someone else to watch when their favorites won't give them what they want.

I've also noticed her social blade shows her channel views falling farther and faster than it usually does. In 2020 and 2021, when kids went back to school, her channel slowly fell to around 12 or 13 million views in December. I've talked before about how it is weird her channel gets zero bump from summer and holidays when she has a mostly kid audience. She's at her yearly low of 13 million views in September. It could bounce back up, but she's never done that in prior years until January so things are looking a bit bad for her and simmers as whole. No new content and no new ideas really drags your channel down.

The army of blue suburbans and the mountain of recycled ideas are coming home to roost and if she continues down this path, it will become a giant anchor and drag her channel down. The only way to keep relevancy is to innovate and zero big simmers want to do that. I wonder if the reason Lilsimsie is taking so many sponsorships is because she can see the writing on the wall in her Youtube Studio. She's "working so hard" and her viewership keeps going down. Just some food for thought.

It’s not like the base game wasn’t already free before, a couple of years ago. It’s a classic move to get people hooked and buy DLCs, which we all know they’ll need.
Exactly what I thought when I saw it. Possibly fuelled by the Disney game? Isn’t that going to be free next year and then paid DLC for it?

Thoughts about this
Uh oh. If I recall the last time The Sims 4 went free like this, the game was at one of the lowest points as a franchise. Seasons did gangbusters for the franchise and then along came Get Famous and Strangerville to drag the franchise down. Both flopped and had player backlash so out runs EA with a free deal to get 7 million new people into the game. Sales, consumer sentiment and active player counts must be low again. I haven't heard anyone talking about those stupid shareholder reports saying "The Sims 4 is the best thing ever" anymore so it makes sense they'd do this. They have to have something good to tell the shareholders, considering they lost Madden, FIFA, Star Wars AND are looking for a buyer.

EA is adopting the drug dealer approach, the first taste is free to get you hooked and then you buy everything because you stupidly took the bait. I wonder how it is going to work out this time considering the game is in such a terrible state.

EDIT: They are also giving away Desert Luxe kit for free? Must have sold terrible.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I noticed that lilsimsies state Farm video had done poorly. Its not just teens and tweens that are not interested in insurance* is it insurance?*. I am not interested in insurance or watching kayla give 4 of her friends a load of subs. I have always said Kayla works hard and by that I mean she uploads regularly and certainly puts the hours in. But her videos are low effort and not well produced. She is complacent and sticks to tried and tested ideas. Much like a lot of other sims tubers james does rags to riches vixella counts to three gluon orchestrates chaos Jessie occasionally makes a video while talking about herself satchon sims points out game flaws and complains that ea is capitalists while making money off the game. And deli is also there.
Releasing the game for free just stinks of desperation like when companies discount all of their stock on black Friday so that consumers buy cheap tvs and think it's a bargain. Only to realise that they need to buy a remote control and a bunch of streaming apps at full price to enjoy it.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
i dont think simsie expected her state farm video to do well, it is literally just a couple clips of raids, theres no sims content in there. i dont think its that deep about her channel or anything.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.