Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i dont think its fair to say simsie doesnt put in the work, maybe her daily videos could be more exciting but she still does it every day and streams for several hours. that adds up. she puts in more work than a lot of simmers
McDonalds produces more food than most restaurants. That’s not reflective of the quality of their output.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It's too much work. There's a popular venn diagram that encompasses Good, Fast or Cheap. In content creation, let's change it to Good, Fast or Easy. You can't have all three, you can only have two. Good + Fast means it isn't easy. Easy + Good means it isn't fast. Fast + Easy means it isn't good.

Lilsimsie is on a perpetual content creation hamster wheel. She posts every single day, so whatever she makes has to be Fast and Easy. She picks her ideas on whatever she can slap together the fastest. Why learn a whole new style of building when you can just make the same house a thousand times? That's the problem with most big simmers, it's all about Fast + Easy and to hell with Good. "I only want to work 20 - 30 minutes a day and make thousands of dollars." That's why everyone is bored, no one wants to make anything worthwhile.
Not defending lilsimsie, because I totally agree. But I watch her live streams from time to time and sims kids always complain in the chat saying stuff like they wish it was base game only or that she always uses too many packs or that they want a starter home. It is super annoying because she already does SO much of that. I actually think she’s a better builder than we think, but she builds what these annoying sims kids want to see. Probably because it obviously works and they continue to watch her videos.

I am super curious to see how the future of the sims affects simmers careers. I know TS4 still has a few years of content coming out, and it’s safe to assume there will be a sims 5 at some point, but I’m sure there will be a few years of nothing in between.

Reactions: 1
Oh and to add to my earlier Kelsey rant, why does she find it so hard to pronounce basic names?? Her teen sim has a crush on Duane and Kelsey constantly calls him “doo-ane” despite plenty of comments telling her how to actually pronounce it

This reminds me of her constant “Joe keen” instead of Joaquin and “aw-buh-geen” instead of aubergine

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Oh and to add to my earlier Kelsey rant, why does she find it so hard to pronounce basic names?? Her teen sim has a crush on Duane and Kelsey constantly calls him “doo-ane” despite plenty of comments telling her how to actually pronounce it

This reminds me of her constant “Joe keen” instead of Joaquin and “aw-buh-geen” instead of aubergine
I get annoyed with how she calls herself a "professional sims player" and has been playing the game as a job for several years now and still does not know who some of the townies are. And yes I do get tired of every character being a perfect sweet baby angel.

Reactions: 5
Let me tell you I RAN HERE when I saw this on Instagram 😂
It took FOUR PARTS, I am dyingggg.
Let's see. First episode 182k views, second 82k, third 76k, fourth 43k. Oof 💀

What I find funny is that her Youtube channel is her career, so it would make sense to stop doing something that isn't successful, right ? But at the same time she keeps saying she looooves playing the game, so shouldn't she keep playing her LP even if views are low ? But then, she keeps showing herself as unprofessional and as if her channel was a hobby. So which one is it Deli ??? 🧐

Do you guys think she cried ? I'm serious 👀 I can totally see her crying about this to James like "I don't understand why my content isn't workinggg it's such great contenttttt I poured my heaaart into this projeccct" 😬
Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 08-27-45 Stories • Instagram.png

Her views are also dropping on her vlog channel. She still has 32k subscribers (it hasn't moved). Each video was getting more views than the amount of subscribers she has, which is surprising. But now it seems to have dropped a little bit, especially her latest video and it's been 10 days since that one. Part of me wonders if it's because a lot of people are watching her to criticize her and weren't interested about a Q&A about health 😂But it's funny that for someone who's trying to build up a health and fitness channel, the ONE video that is actually about that subject gives her less views. Her followers are all from her normal channel and they probably just want to see normal vlogs... Doesn't sound like success awaiting if she doesn't promote her channel elsewhere. 💀
Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 08-42-55 Deli - YouTube.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
BB7EA74D-5821-446E-97FA-DFE114781B4A.jpeg

When your subscribers are more knowledgeable about and interested in your content than you are.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Do you guys think she cried ? I'm serious 👀 I can totally see her crying about this to James like "I don't understand why my content isn't workinggg it's such great contenttttt I poured my heaaart into this projeccct" 😬
If she did, I certainly won’t be delighting in that news.

Deligracy is a nuisance but is relatively harmless. I could never rejoice in a girl like that being reduced to tears.

• Sad

Deligracy is a nuisance but is relatively harmless. I could never rejoice in a girl like that being reduced to tears.
I agree on that. There's no harm in her, and it must hurt badly to do something publically and realise no one is interested, at least not to the degree they used to be. That's just sad to see, and it must have been hard to post that announcement.

She seems a bit directionless at present, like I said ages ago, I think it would do her and several other content creators the world of good to get a part time job in another sphere, or go in for further education in a new field to give a bit of structure to their days and a new perspective on things. When you are in such a small, isolated Youtube/Insta bubble its no wonder content starts getting dull and repetitive. A new job or volunteering might turn out to be something she enjoyed, or might help her revitalise her channels. Not just for her, but for a lot of Youtubers who seem very stuck in a rut.

I don't think @Charlene78 meant it that way and I hope that, despite all our criticism, no one would actually rejoice in the misery of others.

For what it's worth, I really don't think Deligracy cried or was upset. To me, it seems like she just considers these videos a chore and it looks like not continuing the LP comes as a relief to her. But at the same time, she likes the money and is, at this point, too spoiled by this job and lazy to be doing anything else. The theme of her life lately is basically "I want unlimited money without working".

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Yes! And saying Dan-a instead of Day-na.

I admit I used to kind of hate-watch her stuff, but it’s gotten so boring I can’t even drum up the desire to watch so I can complain about it 😂 She’s one of those players whose Sims all feel the exact same - they’re all perfect “sweet baby angels” every single time.

lilsimsie is to the Sims community what McDonalds is to the food industry.
That's kinda insulting to McDonald's, I mean...

There was one small simmer who I wanted to slap so bleeping hard when she'd call Jesminder "Jezmin-Deer" 🙄
(also, to add, my ex BF used to say Joaquin as "Joe-a-Quinn" and that poor boy looked so shocked when I corrected him. 😂 So I get not knowing pronunciations, but you damn well bet these simmers have been corrected abundantly, so... )

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Hmm, that's interesting. Deli was so "excited" to play Disney's Dreamlight Valley early. It was just the Avatar Creation demo, so more clickbait. :rolleyes:
Anyway, today is release day and it's crickets from Deli. If you were so interested in playing the game, wouldn't you play it on release day, when the most people would be interested in watching it? Deli's business model is non-existent. No wonder interest dies out for her, she doesn't get off her butt and create something until days after everyone's seen it and moved on.

This annoys me so much - it takes 2 seconds to google how to pronounce something and I guarantee there is a YouTube video pronouncing it. I think it’s pretty disrespectful too especially if it’s not a known name of your culture and you have a wide audience from all over the world watching you. Really lazy and very embarrassing actually.

Reactions: 6
Yeah, it's weird that Deli would discontinue the LP to make more lifestyle videos and say its due to popularity when even her lowest viewed LP part got more views than the vlog

McDonalds produces more food than most restaurants. That’s not reflective of the quality of their output.
so people at McDs dont work hard? not sure what youre trying to say bc McDs makes a lot more money than a lone fancy restaurant

i dont even like simsie that much, it's just that there are people like Deli making Simsie look like a much harder worker and content a lot better so i dont have that complaint about her

• Haha
Reactions: 1
What do we think of the dress? I like the style of but the colour and pattern is ugly. 😬
Honestly not a terrible dress but I'm not sure if it suits her and is obviously way too expensive for something she will barely ever wear I'm guessing.

Reactions: 3
$239 is a lot to pay for something to wear to lay around crying about your period in.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.