Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anybody remember Deli's 'Sim My Life' series where she played her childhood in The Sims? She showed her parents arguing and if I remember correctly, she went into uncomfortable detail about it. She cut it after 6 episodes, and I wonder if her parents saw it and told her to stop it especially since her mum seemed to be painted as the aggressor if I remember rightly

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Hmm Deli and Lilsimsie def read feedback on here and/ or aware of themselves more we’d think. Yesterday they both posted critical videos on the Sims - Deli on 10-14 things that should be added/ should have been in the Sims and Lilsimsie on whether or not Dream Home Decorator is still broken. Kind of surprising - I thought the DHD was their favorite pack…

Reactions: 2
Here's what Deli needs to do, from a social media manager with 7 years of experience.
- Cut her videos to 10 minutes and take the time to experiment and figure out her style of making content.
- Pick a SIMPLE story and keep it engaging. Make sure each episode has something interesting happening. Follow through for at least 10 episodes.
- Learn 21st century editing or hire an editor.
- Adjust content depending on how it does with her audience. Learn what the audience likes and doesn't like.
- Actually engage with her audience; take suggestions, critique and answer comments.
- When her content starts doing well, cut best parts for Tiktok and Instagram. Post short clips on Facebook and Twitter. Or hire social media person.
- REPEAT because content creation is an ever changing target.
I think if you lack the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent there's not much you can do to improve her view count. Her vids are dull and she can be so problematic and she stereotypes everything and the little voices she does is giving very much "u guys wanna come over and play with barbies?". The Sims isn't good for storylines because the AI just doesn't interact with other Sims in a way that makes sense. It's tit but you could also take advantage of it and turn broken things into reoccurring inside jokes... which you can't if you're as far up EA's ass as Deli is

Reactions: 13
Can I officially call bullshit on Plumbella‘s claim that she has been playing The Sims since the year 2000?

I genuinely do not believe that a four-year-old was sat taking a pool ladder away from Bob and Betty Newbie. Just can’t see that happening.

Do I believe that the game was in her household, owned by her older siblings, from the year 2000? Yes. Do I believe that she started playing the Sims during the Sims 1 era (ie at any point before the 14th of September 2004)? Yes. But I do not believe that she was playing it in 2000.

Reactions: 11
Can I officially call bullshit on Plumbella‘s claim that she has been playing The Sims since the year 2000?

I genuinely do not believe that a four-year-old was sat taking a pool ladder away from Bob and Betty Newbie. Just can’t see that happening.

Do I believe that the game was in her household, owned by her older siblings, from the year 2000? Yes. Do I believe that she started playing the Sims during the Sims 1 era (ie at any point before the 14th of September 2004)? Yes. But I do not believe that she was playing it in 2000.
I agree with that, I mean I started playing in 2000. My little cousin who was 5 would sit with me sometimes but she mostly just liked putting kitchen furniture in the garden.

I think Lil Simsie can be critical but she definitely is aware of not biting the hand that feeds her. She also only tends to speak up on things once the Community has made enough noise. Which is wrong.
Deli is just a simp for EA.

Reactions: 7
I agree with that, I mean I started playing in 2000. My little cousin who was 5 would sit with me sometimes but she mostly just liked putting kitchen furniture in the garden.
I also agree, I was quite a wizz kid with computers/consoles from an early age and even I wouldn’t play the Sims without siblings/supervision. I think she saw that the sims came out in 2000 and ran with it.

Reactions: 3
I think it’s because she’s using the OG superiority that I see sometimes used. Mostly by her. I’ve played since launch day of the sims 1 and I don’t remind folk. Plumbella does. But it’s not a big deal. I think she’s the only game changer that claims to be an OG.

I know this is old tea, but I went to look at the comments on Deli's community post about her discontinuing her Mossdale Series. Here are some of my favorites.

- "Are you going to do that every time a series doesn’t work out for you? I just wanna know."
- "You flat out didn’t put out the content lol. There was like 3 episodes. If you’re lazy just say that."
- "You shouldn’t prioritize having views. If you and other people enjoyed the LP then why stop? It seems like you only really care about making money than your love for the game."

OOF! :ROFLMAO: Who are you fooling Deli? Your community definitely knows what you doing. The more you do this, the more you alienate your community.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
most LPs have view drops over time too, it's not surprising. she needs to account for that when deciding if it failed

Reactions: 5
I know this is old tea, but I went to look at the comments on Deli's community post about her discontinuing her Mossdale Series. Here are some of my favorites.

- "Are you going to do that every time a series doesn’t work out for you? I just wanna know."
- "You flat out didn’t put out the content lol. There was like 3 episodes. If you’re lazy just say that."
- "You shouldn’t prioritize having views. If you and other people enjoyed the LP then why stop? It seems like you only really care about making money than your love for the game."

OOF! :ROFLMAO: Who are you fooling Deli? Your community definitely knows what you doing. The more you do this, the more you alienate your community.
I’ve just had a nose too… a lot of people are giving her advice and literally telling her what they want. Will she follow through with the advice? Absolutely she won’t.

A good one I read was:

“I think interest was low because of how spaced out each episode was. I was really enjoying the LP, but one episode a week was quite a stretch and I would forget what happened in the previous episode. Also, quite a few times you have cancelled LP’s and I think people have trust issues. You are really great at story telling, but if it’s too much work then maybe a more basic style of gameplay?”

How humiliating that so many people are calling her out over how often she put the content out, and how many times she’s cancelled LP’s

• Haha
Reactions: 12
How humiliating that so many people are calling her out over how often she put the content out, and how many times she’s cancelled LP’s
I noticed she only hearted the people who were sympathetic to her plight. Definitely not going to take advice from the "haters."

Reactions: 8
This wasn't old news to me, I don't have Twitter and can't access those comments ...Is there more ? 👀

This wasn't old news to me, I don't have Twitter and can't access those comments ...Is there more ? 👀
It's on the community tab of her YT channel. There's a few more, most of them are supportive. But a good number is calling her out for abandoning her LPs.

On another note, I watched a few minutes of her Disney video and damn, y'all weren't lying when you pointed out how often she checks to see how she looks on camera! Never noticed that before but yep, can't unsee it now. It's like the Kelsey always touching her hair thing, though I seem to be the only one annoyed by it :LOL:

• Haha
I watched a few minutes of her Disney video and damn, y'all weren't lying when you pointed out how often she checks to see how she looks on camera!
Now that's all you'll see :LOL:

Has anyone noticed that she specifically said on Instagram that vlog is coming today, but, in fact, it hasn't?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My favorite part was this one. Deli acted shocked by something but looks at her reflection as she is doing it, so it looks like some bad movie acting. @17:18 if you want to see it. I knew she was hamming it up for the camera but my god was this video over acting. I also found out that if a video is doing badly, she'll pop it on her Youtube homepage in the video space, so that everyone is assaulted with it when they come to her channel. Tell me you only care about views without telling me you only care about views.

shriek - Copy.PNG

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I only scrolled through a few and there are over 250 comments, so there are probably more interesting comments to find. It's on her Youtube community page, not Twitter. Here's a link if you need it. https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxTy-sgM7FbZB1U0FiWrmTzyL9dbnqRyjJ
Thank you 👵

Has anyone noticed that she specifically said on Instagram that vlog is coming today, but, in fact, it hasn't?
Yesss, it's evening here so it's probably next morning there and still no video 🤭 Man, how do you want to grow and keep a community if all you do is cancel and/or postpone content. And those who were watching and enjoying her LP seem to be very disappointed.

On another note, I watched a few minutes of her Disney video and damn, y'all weren't lying when you pointed out how often she checks to see how she looks on camera!
So I also went and checked 🤭 And oh my god you guys were right, I didn't know she was looking at herself when she was looking to the side like that, she does it SO often, especially when she's faking excitement/an emotion just like VibingInTheGarden said ! 😂
I couldn't go through more than a few minutes of that video because she is so annoying with her fakeness ("you can have a houuuuse ooooo oo oooouuuuh"...)
Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 21-23-02 Furnishing my first house in Disney Dreamlight Valley!!! - Y...png
Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 21-23-41 Furnishing my first house in Disney Dreamlight Valley!!! - Y...png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I stopped watching lets plays for awhile but I begun watching James Turners Sims 4 dream hoe decorator series and it literally made me wanna play with the pack as soon as he posted it. I forgot how good he is at making the game look fun and engaging in spite of the bugs and glitches. The only annoying thing was how he constantly goes Ohh Batuu, but maybe that's just bc I binged that series. It's kinds sad how he plays the game compared to Deli especially with her recent cancellation and the fact Deli never seems to actually switch up her gameplay style besides bougie , drama, and scandal. Playing with multiple families and creating a fixed storyline is one of the worst ways you can play the Sims 4, especially for a YouTube lp and she needs to realize that and move on to something else for once (and finish it)

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.