Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so people at McDs dont work hard? not sure what youre trying to say bc McDs makes a lot more money than a lone fancy restaurant
I don’t think they were implying people at McDonald’s don’t work hard… they were talking about quality of content. She dishes out the content fast but it’s not always good content - rinse and repeat a lot of the time.

Reactions: 14
so people at McDs dont work hard? not sure what youre trying to say bc McDs makes a lot more money than a lone fancy restaurant
I don't think that's what RJF was saying at all, it's more that McDonald's food is crap even though they produce a lot of it, just like lilsimsie's content with her boring videos that are always the same 🤭

What do we think of the dress? I like the style of but the colour and pattern is ugly. 😬
Really not my style. I don't like the pattern/colour (I find the colour pretty sad actually, I prefer colourful stuff) and the shape is off for me, especially the ankle area. Can't believe she spent 239$ on a dress :rolleyes: Also, and this is just my opinion of course, I feel like the dress is the wrong shape for her bodytype, it doesn't flatter her :unsure:

She posted this on Instagram yesterday. At first I thought she really put "make James a tea" on her to do list and I thought it was weird af to consider this a task, but then I noticed the different handwriting 🤭

She's really slow when it comes to "work", isn't she ? She posted this yesterday and did film her vlog yesterday (she posted about it), but she's only editing it today. It probably won't be up until tomorrow or the day after. I understand editing takes a while but... 🧐 ...I just want my boring cringy vlog man !!! 😠🤭
Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 08-52-45 Stories • Instagram.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I don't think that's what RJF was saying at all, it's more that McDonald's food is crap even though they produce a lot of it, just like lilsimsie content with her boring videos that are always the same 🤭
That’s how I took it, about the restaurant itself not the workers. Actually found it quite funny because it couldn’t be more true:ROFLMAO:. She churns out content but none of it is of quality, completely bland with the occasional fun seasonal item that gets boring after the first time haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She’s really pushing that “in bed by 9pm” thing (which she didn’t end up doing on Monday, apparently haha). 9 seems so early when she does so little in a day, has no set schedule or timelines, and doesn’t have a physically demanding job that wears her out (unless you count online shopping and putting yourself through the mental stress of not being able to afford all the designer things you deserve, of course 🙄).

Maybe I’m reading into it too much, but it gives me preachy vibes. Deli strikes me as the type of person who thinks because she intends to do something all the time and actually has done it, like, twice, it gives her bragging rights and she can preach how health-conscience she is because SHE has a 9 pm bedtime, babes.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She’s really pushing that “in bed by 9pm” thing (which she didn’t end up doing on Monday, apparently haha). 9 seems so early when she does so little in a day, has no set schedule or timelines, and doesn’t have a physically demanding job that wears her out (unless you count online shopping and putting yourself through the mental stress of not being able to afford all the designer things you deserve, of course 🙄).

Maybe I’m reading into it too much, but it gives me preachy vibes. Deli strikes me as the type of person who thinks because she intends to do something all the time and actually has done it, like, twice, it gives her bragging rights and she can preach how health-conscience she is because SHE has a 9 pm bedtime, babes.
It’s such a cliche thing on a fitness/lifestyle change journey and most of the time unnecessary unless you’re not hitting enough hours of sleep because you’re up early.

I understand heading to bed at 9pm if you’re of course tired at that time, or get up 5am/6am the following day which I very much doubt she does.
If she was, and getting her workouts done at that time then she’d have ALL of the day to work which she absolutely does not do as we very clearly see.

It’s just another thing to add to the tick box because her days are so empty, along with the very broad “mindfulness” check which means god damn nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
And yet another game to be played for about 3-4 videos before being completely abandoned
Screenshot 2022-09-07 at 16-18-47 Abonnements - YouTube.png

Just watching the first minute, I cannot handle the way she talks. You can tell she's being fake and trying to be super smiley and her tone of voice is so fake, she's really trying to sell us that stupid game, huh

I understand heading to bed at 9pm if you’re of course tired at that time, or get up 5am/6am the following day which I very much doubt she does.
She gets up at 7 usually, but she did aim for 6am the first time she did the board thing and apparently it's already gone 🤭

She does write "9pm BED" and not "sleep", which makes me think that she's just chilling in bed for a while before actually sleeping

----

I'm rechecking older vlogs that were on Deligracy's normal channel and she was actually making more views than she is now on her vlog channel ! For the videos from March 2022 to about Oct 2021, she got : 39k, 120k, 47k, 42k, 50k, 52k, 61k, 57k, 96k... you get it. Now she only gets between 30k-40k on her vlog channel.

What do you guys think happened ? Why did so few people followed her to the vlog channel ? Do you think it's because she didn't promote it properly and some people don't know about it ? She's so bad at promoting herself that I feel like this might be the reason.
It's actually sad, man... Her views are dropping on her normal channel, she creates a new one, but now she's getting even less views than normally 😵

Do you guys think she regrets making that channel already ? She probably knows that she doesn't have much to share on a vlog, and she's already posting less than she said she would. It'd be awkward to go "hey vlogs are going back to my main channel" after 3 months. I feel a Deli&James 2.0 coming soon.... 🧐

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Why did so few people followed her to the vlog channel ? Do you think it's because she didn't promote it properly and some people don't know about it ? She's so bad at promoting herself that I feel like this might be the reason.
Because her vlogs are the most boring thing I’ve ever watched, and she does the same thing in almost every one of them and the camera rarely leaves her house 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
And yet another game to be played for about 3-4 videos before being completely abandoned
I give it one episode if it doesn't get enough views. She's done this before, with other games she played.

Do you guys think she regrets making that channel already ? She probably knows that she doesn't have much to share on a vlog, and she's already posting less than she said she would. It'd be awkward to go "hey vlogs are going back to my main channel" after 3 months. I feel a Deli&James 2.0 coming soon.... 🧐
Most people do not move from a channel to another channel, unless they are dedicated fans. The reason she got so many views on her vlogs on her main channel is she clickbaited the crap out of them and her diehard audience was there. Some people were curious and watched them, many didn't care and were only there for the Sims. If she brought her vlogs back to her main channel, they would initially get decent-ish views but it would drop even lower. Also, the audience on her vlog channel might not come back, many would feel duped or mad. She'd alienate them if she did that.

I was watching Deli's video from yesterday and I find it hilarious how she thinks saying "Australiana" and "Americana" makes her look all smart and in-the-know, having probably picked up the terms from her interior design magazines and hours of online browsing. Too bad her literature doesn't extend further, maybe she wouldn't struggle as much with the pronunciation of basic English words, as she often does.

• Haha
Has anyone else noticed Deli seems a little behind on the times for an influencer? I don't watch her but I see all the big Sims youtubers moving to Tiktok accounts and Discord servers while she seems to be sticking to Instagram. Is she aiming her content at an older audience now or is she just a bit confused?

Reactions: 6
Just skimmed through Deli's Dreamlight Valley video and *snore*. She got sponsored by the game, got the ultimate edition [most expensive] and it's still boring. On the other hand, took a chance on Gigi's Dreamlight episode and holy cow, it's so much better. No 5 minutes of fluff and decorating the house, no flaunting of the $70 edition she got and all the perks it gives her, just straight, edited gameplay. AND no "please buy your game through my code so Deli can make some money." :rolleyes: Her roleplay is a bit cringey, but at least she's trying something new. Deli, her gameplay is so cookie cutter.

- Deli holding a shovel, she squeals "Ooo, we can plant a seed!"
- Deli opens the castle and shouts "We did it!"
- Deli looking at the recipes "*GASP* Oh, yum!"

Am I watching a grown woman play a game or Dora the explorer?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Has anyone else noticed Deli seems a little behind on the times for an influencer? I don't watch her but I see all the big Sims youtubers moving to Tiktok accounts and Discord servers while she seems to be sticking to Instagram. Is she aiming her content at an older audience now or is she just a bit confused?
She's just really bad at all of this. She never uses tags on Youtube, she doesn't know how to promote anything, she doesn't crosspost on her platforms (someone who only follows her on Youtube and not on Instagram will have no clue about what's going on with her brand/channel)... She had a Discord group and deleted it because it wasn't active enough..... You're the one who's supposed to make it active 💀 I'm certain one of the reasons why her channel is dying is that she doesn't know how to grow her brand/promote herself, it's terrible. She had a tiktok and posted on there once.

Reactions: 7
Instead of throwing money at her workout programs, she should hire someone to help her grow her channel again. Or take a course and learn how to do it on her own. It would be a better use of her money, and she could time it so she can theoretically grow her vlog channel and move away from her Sims content. Truthfully I don’t know a lot about that kind of stuff, but it’s crazy she’s been doing YouTube for so long and doesn’t seem to know how to maintain viewers.

Reactions: 8
Instead of throwing money at her workout programs, she should hire someone to help her grow her channel again. Or take a course and learn how to do it on her own. It would be a better use of her money, and she could time it so she can theoretically grow her vlog channel and move away from her Sims content. Truthfully I don’t know a lot about that kind of stuff, but it’s crazy she’s been doing YouTube for so long and doesn’t seem to know how to maintain viewers.
Unfortunately, Deli really needs to work on her content first. You can put the prettiest thumbnails on your videos and promote it in the faces of 1000's of people BUT if your content is garbage, all that effort doesn't matter. Back when Cottage Living came out, Deli had an editor and fat lot of good it did for her. You can polish up a turd but at the end of the day, it's still a turd. Deli is a dinosaur, living in the stone age. Adapt or Die.

Here's what Deli needs to do, from a social media manager with 7 years of experience.
- Cut her videos to 10 minutes and take the time to experiment and figure out her style of making content.
- Pick a SIMPLE story and keep it engaging. Make sure each episode has something interesting happening. Follow through for at least 10 episodes.
- Learn 21st century editing or hire an editor.
- Adjust content depending on how it does with her audience. Learn what the audience likes and doesn't like.
- Actually engage with her audience; take suggestions, critique and answer comments.
- When her content starts doing well, cut best parts for Tiktok and Instagram. Post short clips on Facebook and Twitter. Or hire social media person.
- REPEAT because content creation is an ever changing target.

However, pigs will fly out my ass before Deli does all this work. The laziness is what is holding her back the most.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.