Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she would keep doing videos, whatever their quality, because I don’t think she could do anything else. I don’t see her ever doing a 9-5 job.

But it’s unlikely they would break up. Buying a house together and renovating, it’s basically the modern version of comitting to a marriage. Moreover, it’s just easy and convenient to co-function with another youtuber, even if it looks like a passionless relationship.
Deli is more about gifts and acts of service, while she said that James is more romantic and “needy” in terms of physical touch.
Not surprised she called him "needy". I don't think she's actually into him. I think she's using him bc she can't stand not being adored, and she wants someone to praise her and give her attention and he does that. So, of course he seems needy to her when he actually wants someone to appreciate him and give him the attention your significant other deserves.

I agree with this. I also wish there was more chaotic spontaneity to his storylines (even if that requires a little bit of engineering).

For instance, I can’t remember the last time that a family member died through being struck by lightning or something. Besides the Eco Lifestyle LP, when was the last time a fire destroyed the whole house and he had to start over? There’s no drama or sense of threat in any of his stories.
Honestly, that's not a HIM problem, that's a GAME problem. None of my Sims every die from anything random aside form old age. So.... That's an issue with game not with the YTer

Reactions: 7
Actually, THE DOG was gifted the hotel ???
The only reason Bowser’s profile got them a one-night stay in this hotel is because it’s a dog profile from Melbourne with a relatively significant number of followers. And the only reason he has followers is because he’s Deli’s dog. I hate to say it, but it isn’t his personality or lovable nature that brought on the followers.

Reactions: 3
The only reason Bowser’s profile got them a one-night stay in this hotel is because it’s a dog profile from Melbourne with a relatively significant number of followers. And the only reason he has followers is because he’s Deli’s dog. I hate to say it, but it isn’t his personality or lovable nature that brought on the followers.
Yeah I usually love dogs and animals but let's be honest this dog has no personality... "such master such dog" (I don't know if this expression is right, don't hit me)
I actually stopped following the dog's Instagram because Deli kept posting the same content on her Instagram and then on his...

Reactions: 1
And everyone is you and who you watch, right? Maybe check out reddit and other places people post about their issues before you make blanket statements like that. Even console players are having issues, like being unable to open their games at all.

That's really smart. Don't have to deal with the bugs and glitches if you just build and create sims. :ROFLMAO:
Woah, why so hostile? 😂 a lot of simmers have streamed the HS pack expecting it to have issues because there are so many people freaking out about it being broken, only to find out that it runs fine and people just haven’t updated their mods. A lot of simmers also think people are capitalizing on how much of a disaster my wedding stories was and are expecting the worse, and making stuff up. It’s not near as broken as people on the internet are making it to be.

Not surprised she called him "needy". I don't think she's actually into him. I think she's using him bc she can't stand not being adored, and she wants someone to praise her and give her attention and he does that. So, of course he seems needy to her when he actually wants someone to appreciate him and give him the attention your significant other deserves.

Honestly, that's not a HIM problem, that's a GAME problem. None of my Sims every die from anything random aside form old age. So.... That's an issue with game not with the YTer
What’s funny is when deli and James announced they were dating (I wasn’t surprised) I was actually excited for them. I’ve never been super into either one of them, but I do appreciate James’ reviews and have used his older building tips videos quite a bit. I have more so just seen delis content when she posts to her Instagram story or has streamed on twitch. The more content of hers I have watched the more I’m kinda… sad.. that James is with her. Even though they don’t post too much about their relationship, it’s clear that there isn’t a balance. James seems like a genuinely nice guy and has a really good reputation within the simming community and the sims creators. So it’s sad to see a nice guy held back in a sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Woah, why so hostile? 😂 a lot of simmers have streamed the HS pack expecting it to have issues because there are so many people freaking out about it being broken, only to find out that it runs fine and people just haven’t updated their mods. A lot of simmers also think people are capitalizing on how much of a disaster my wedding stories was and are expecting the worse, and making stuff up. It’s not near as broken as people on the internet are making it to be.
I feel like in general the packs now work fine and with a few exceptions such as dine out and my wedding stories most the packs aren't filled with game breaking bugs. My wedding stories just felt like a pack rushed for a Valentines release date that didn't have that big of a budget compared to werewolves combined with how Sims 4 sims can act during events so it was destined to fail. Even dream home decorator didn't glitch out on me with my mods and I only have problems with simulation lag even with the simulation unclogged mod.

I feel like in general the packs now work fine and with a few exceptions such as dine out and my wedding stories most the packs aren't filled with game breaking bugs. My wedding stories just felt like a pack rushed for a Valentines release date that didn't have that big of a budget compared to werewolves combined with how Sims 4 sims can act during events so it was destined to fail. Even dream home decorator didn't glitch out on me with my mods and I only have problems with simulation lag even with the simulation unclogged mod.
I agree. A majority of bugs are base game. Not from the packs. I really wish they would fix dine out. I also I reallly wish they did another pack refresh.

New Deli vlog

It's a sponsored video... They got gifted a night at a hotel in exchange for a video. Actually, THE DOG was gifted the hotel ??? I don't know man, it's kind of weird. Anyway, first half of the video is them showing off the room etc, very boring, I don't like sponsored content like that, it's like an ad... And it's a very fancy hotel so it's not even relatable content 🧐
I'm at 9 min and it's still an ad : she's using the Dyson products they left in the room for them to use. Well, not a very good ad for Dyson because she messed up and her hair is still straight
Hahahaha, she's putting on foundation and she says "it's only dinner in the lobby so it's fine if we have a few pimps... 😳... PIMPLES"
"We're gonna do neutrals because I'm a neutral girl" (neutral eyebrows) No tit, neutral personality too....
Cracking up the hotel thought Deli was a dog 🤣 but also shouldn't she be the one to deal with the hotel instead of James?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I can't recall who asked the question sorry but what I like in a let's play is generational play where random things happen and the gameplay goes off on a tangent but doesn't feel orchestrated. So things like James sims dying at a party and everything that happened after that and his every lot challenge let's play. I do quite like lilsimsies short legacy but her pretending that she isn't doing things on purpose can be annoying. Not overly keen on the randomised sim videos or the can I make a house for 8 sims or can I make this house plan into a house on the sims. Cause yes you can it's a house plan its designed to be a house. A gerbil could do it.
As for the high school pack it has not been that buggy for me but I play on normal life span and have no mods. I did have the everyone is a celebrity and the inappropriate older sims asking out teens amd relatives thing. But I'm 10 gens in and my family tree is very broken so the game has no clue who.is related to who.

I can't recall who asked the question sorry but what I like in a let's play is generational play where random things happen and the gameplay goes off on a tangent but doesn't feel orchestrated. So things like James sims dying at a party and everything that happened after that and his every lot challenge let's play. I do quite like lilsimsies short legacy but her pretending that she isn't doing things on purpose can be annoying. Not overly keen on the randomised sim videos or the can I make a house for 8 sims or can I make this house plan into a house on the sims. Cause yes you can it's a house plan its designed to be a house. A gerbil could do it.
As for the high school pack it has not been that buggy for me but I play on normal life span and have no mods. I did have the everyone is a celebrity and the inappropriate older sims asking out teens amd relatives thing. But I'm 10 gens in and my family tree is very broken so the game has no clue who.is related to who.
Those are the sort of videos I like to watch, I know I can (and do) play that way but I enjoy watching others do it too, especially if I’ve not really got time to play.
I haven’t played for a couple weeks but the High School pack seemed to be working okay for me too on normal lifespan with no mods.

I don’t know if I mentioned it on here but I finally unsubscribed to lilsimsie. I realised that I hasn’t been entertained by any of her videos in absolutely ages and couldn’t stand her constant histrionics a moment longer.

My absolute least favourite genre of video from her were the ones where she’d show off custom content packs. Every single one would involve…

- her mentioning that the CC had been made by “a friend”
- her placing each an every item individually in an empty room
- her saying “ooh, I like this!” or “we don’t really have anything like this in the game” or “this has so many swatches!” about every single item
- her creating a room out of the items at the end (to drag the video out to 10 minutes for midroll ads)
- her ending the video by saying how wonderful this CC is and that everyone should download it
- her never ever mentioning or using this CC ever again

DE615-AB2-736-A-408-E-A514-3-D8766-D57796.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I got 2 minutes into Steph0Sims and closed it down. what a load of unwatchable shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I got 2 minutes into Steph0Sims and closed it down. what a load of unwatchable shite.
All her videos are just her screaming and using memes that are already outdated by the time she actually posts, and using influencers bc haha watching problematic people do weirs sims stuff is funny. Her werewolves video was a little better but I can't believe I used to watch her.

Reactions: 5
All her videos are just her screaming and using memes that are already outdated by the time she actually posts, and using influencers bc haha watching problematic people do weirs sims stuff is funny. Her werewolves video was a little better but I can't believe I used to watch her.
I have NEVER understood how anyone can watch her or plumbella.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why are all Deli thumbnails like this?
Because she thinks she's quirky but really is desperately hoping someone will compliment her body.
I also noticed that in James tweet he refers to Bowser as "our dog" while in Deli's tweet it's "my dog". She was doing this a lot in her early vlogs about the house. Everything was "my" and "mine" and never "ours"

Because she thinks she's quirky but really is desperately hoping someone will compliment her body.
I also noticed that in James tweet he refers to Bowser as "our dog" while in Deli's tweet it's "my dog". She was doing this a lot in her early vlogs about the house. Everything was "my" and "mine" and never "ours"
Bowser was originally Deli’s at first, but since James and Deli have been together it seems he does most of the caregiving and playing with Bowser.

Her most recent blog was a little more interesting for the simple fact she wasn’t in her house. But I did have a cackle when she says “some of you have been asking to see Melbourne, so let’s have a look out the window” and proceeds to face the camera toward the city view out the hotel window lmfao. Nah girl, we meant explore the neighborhoods, local events, parks, share the culture, even a mere cafe visit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I only really watch Plumbella very occasionally because she's from the North East like me. The same rotation of 3 jokes she has wears thin though.

I really enjoyed plumbellas early videos her history of series was great. They were well thought out and presented calmly and professionally. Now plumbellas videos are chaotic full of memes and random emotional outbursts. I totally support Jessie being her authentic self and being able to make the content she feels comfortable with. I just don't like it it's not for me. I'm from the North East a bit lower down from Jessie in North lincolnshire im proud of being northern but it honestly doesn't need to be a personality trait.

Reactions: 11
I really enjoyed plumbellas early videos her history of series was great. They were well thought out and presented calmly and professionally. Now plumbellas videos are chaotic full of memes and random emotional outbursts. I totally support Jessie being her authentic self and being able to make the content she feels comfortable with. I just don't like it it's not for me. I'm from the North East a bit lower down from Jessie in North lincolnshire im proud of being northern but it honestly doesn't need to be a personality trait.
The history/lore videos are really good.

Reactions: 2
Nah girl, we meant explore the neighborhoods, local events, parks, share the culture, even a mere cafe visit.
For real…it would be SO easy to do videos about Melbourne without giving away exactly where they live. Why not go to local events, check out common tourist attractions, try out the highest-rated cafes in the city via Yelp or something and compare them…so many things she could easily do but she doesn’t. I don’t get it, considering how much she obviously would rather be an influencer than a Simmer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.