Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like there’s only three High School LPs that I see On my YouTube feed. James, Deli and the English Simmer. It’s weird seeing creators like xurbansimsx completely ignoring the high school stuff and doing an unrelated LP.
I've heard from multiple creators that the pack is unplayable and they can't get it to work well enough to make content.

Reactions: 1
I haven't had issues with the high school pack really, but... 🤷‍♀️ I can't see doing an entire LP for it. Idk. A few small simmers I follow are doing pack specific LPs but it's like, if you have teens, they're going to go to school, so if you're already doing an LP, just play it in that??
And I mean, James is basically done with the high school part of his LP so it doesn't seem like it gives you enough value to make an entire LP out of...

Replay ability, sure, if you play families, but for an entire series? Maybe that's just me though, idk.

I haven't had issues with the high school pack really, but... 🤷‍♀️ I can't see doing an entire LP for it. Idk. A few small simmers I follow are doing pack specific LPs but it's like, if you have teens, they're going to go to school, so if you're already doing an LP, just play it in that??
And I mean, James is basically done with the high school part of his LP so it doesn't seem like it gives you enough value to make an entire LP out of...

Replay ability, sure, if you play families, but for an entire series? Maybe that's just me though, idk.
It is really only for the 2-3 in-game weeks the Sim is a teenager, so as part of a generational gameplay it's a nice addition to a life-state that didn't have much specifically for it before. But as a full series, probably not great, and the graduation/prom thing seems buggy as hell, I've not seen anyone actually manage to graduate correctly yet.

I think James has the right idea with it; he's said he's going to play through a few generations in this series to get the two branches of his Lets' Play family intertwined again, and just dip in and out of various older packs as the story demands.

Also, I watched his most recent video there, and I must say, he is very good at giving credit where credit is due: he spent several minutes showing off and thanking a person who had done a web app for his (ridiculously huge) family tree, and then some more credit and relevant links to the person who made a mod he was using for University. Which is exactly what Youtubers etc, should do, but often neglect.

Reactions: 2
Deli got James to get her coffee from the coffee shop again (a tiny one too ; I'll never get over how this is the dumbest tit to spend time and money on) and she called James "coffee boy" in the video (LP), which I know is supposed to be a joke, but I find it very :sick:

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
watched the 3rd part of deligracys LP and my god 😭 the stupid voice and accent she puts on for every character and the characters don’t even have like set personalities shes just going with whatever happens which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but at the same time she’s trying to force characteristics on the sims so it doesn’t make sense?? PLUS THE CONSTANT HAIR TOUCHING AND SIDE LOOKING AT HERSELF IN THE CAMERA i cannot stand it

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We've talked a lot about what we don't like, so I'm curious to hear what your ideal let's play/let's player would be. My ideal let's player/story teller would be someone who has interesting ideas and fun/unique gameplay. I like stories, generational style play with some twists and turns, but not overly full of drama or clichés. I'd also like them to value the time of their audience and not create empty episodes or stretch videos out so they can get more ads. Just a decent human being with a penchant for storytelling, please! I have yet to find anyone that checks all these boxes, but I keep looking. 😅

Reactions: 4
omg Deli forgetting her token nonbinary sim's pronouns and putting in an edit that they are still adjusting to the pronouns to cover her butt

• Wow
Deli got James to get her coffee from the coffee shop again (a tiny one too ; I'll never get over how this is the dumbest tit to spend time and money on) and she called James "coffee boy" in the video (LP), which I know is supposed to be a joke, but I find it very :sick:
Makes you wonder if Deli really likes James or is he just convenient to her? So she doesn't fully have to fund her lifestyle.

• Wow
Makes you wonder if Deli really likes James or is he just convenient to her? So she doesn't fully have to fund her lifestyle.
Do you think if James and Deli broke up, that Deli would start putting effort into her videos again or completely pivot to something else to save her channel?

Reactions: 3
Do you think if James and Deli broke up, that Deli would start putting effort into her videos again or completely pivot to something else to save her channel?
I think she would keep doing videos, whatever their quality, because I don’t think she could do anything else. I don’t see her ever doing a 9-5 job.

But it’s unlikely they would break up. Buying a house together and renovating, it’s basically the modern version of comitting to a marriage. Moreover, it’s just easy and convenient to co-function with another youtuber, even if it looks like a passionless relationship.
Deli is more about gifts and acts of service, while she said that James is more romantic and “needy” in terms of physical touch.

We've talked a lot about what we don't like, so I'm curious to hear what your ideal let's play/let's player would be. My ideal let's player/story teller would be someone who has interesting ideas and fun/unique gameplay. I like stories, generational style play with some twists and turns, but not overly full of drama or clichés. I'd also like them to value the time of their audience and not create empty episodes or stretch videos out so they can get more ads. Just a decent human being with a penchant for storytelling, please! I have yet to find anyone that checks all these boxes, but I keep looking. 😅
My ideal was pretty much the 'every lot challenge' challenge that James did - I love series where ppl try to make the game as hard as possible and roll w it that way. And to be fair, I really like lilsimsies 'can I get rich by...' series. I think it's fun, it always starts in a rags to riches way, and it's funny seeing what whacky things can happen. But of course I've also watched Kevin's Jim Pickens series like one hundred times lol

Did the stephosims challenge lol I've never seen her before. First impression - she's so pretty!
I lasted 75 seconds. I don't mind that editing style but imo that's just a bad way to implement it. Half her jokes (again in the first 75 seconds) could have hit harder if she let them breathe. I couldn't watch longer because every two words comes a new tiktok meme with a distortion filter on. Like, that style is fun and pretty common but you need to do like 1/10 of what she's doing so people can actually understand what you're saying. Definitely not my cup of tea.
I actually thought the intro (stepho does a video on some days) was pretty funny lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Doubt it but maybe just so she can fund her expensive organic lifestyle.

New Deli vlog

It's a sponsored video... They got gifted a night at a hotel in exchange for a video. Actually, THE DOG was gifted the hotel ??? I don't know man, it's kind of weird. Anyway, first half of the video is them showing off the room etc, very boring, I don't like sponsored content like that, it's like an ad... And it's a very fancy hotel so it's not even relatable content 🧐
I'm at 9 min and it's still an ad : she's using the Dyson products they left in the room for them to use. Well, not a very good ad for Dyson because she messed up and her hair is still straight
Hahahaha, she's putting on foundation and she says "it's only dinner in the lobby so it's fine if we have a few pimps... 😳... PIMPLES"
"We're gonna do neutrals because I'm a neutral girl" (neutral eyebrows) No tit, neutral personality too....

Last edited:
  • Haha
I like generational play - watching families grow up, not with too much blatantly obvious manipulation/cheats/editing being used. I like things to progress fairly steadily, with all aspects of the game being used, and while drama and a bit of chaos keeps things entertaining, let it have a long-term impact on the storyline. Don't just do things, and then next episode have it forgotten, let there be natural progression.

In respect of the Youtuber themselves: someone who can talk clearly, does not shriek or wail or babble memes all the time, and doesn't edit their videos into a hyperactive mess. Someone with a bit of charisma and charm and good cheer, but who does not inject too much of their personal life into the gameplay.

And this is purely personal and subjective - none of those mods which inject lots more graphic sex and violence into the gameplay. I don't play Sims for that, and it makes it so seedy and unpleasant. Whiny Brit did a couple with the Extreme Violence mod and I just turned off immediately.

James is my favourite currently, though he is VERY guilty of stretching both individual videos and the Lets' Play series out for too long. I don't think he has one, but a good editor would chop every episode down to 30 mins of brisker gameplay and he'd be much the better for it. But he does have a pleasant speaking voice, knows his stuff, and always -very amusingly sometimes- plays through the repercussions of his choices (such as the utter chaos that resulted from his student loan choices in the old University Lets' Play, or his vampire having the fatal flaw of being instantly unlikeable, which made raising a family with happy children *very* difficult)

Reactions: 2
James is my favourite currently, though he is VERY guilty of stretching both individual videos and the Lets' Play series out for too long. I don't think he has one, but a good editor would chop every episode down to 30 mins of brisker gameplay and he'd be much the better for it. But he does have a pleasant speaking voice, knows his stuff, and always -very amusingly sometimes- plays through the repercussions of his choices (such as the utter chaos that resulted from his student loan choices in the old University Lets' Play, or his vampire having the fatal flaw of being instantly unlikeable, which made raising a family with happy children *very* difficult)
I agree with this. I also wish there was more chaotic spontaneity to his storylines (even if that requires a little bit of engineering).

For instance, I can’t remember the last time that a family member died through being struck by lightning or something. Besides the Eco Lifestyle LP, when was the last time a fire destroyed the whole house and he had to start over? There’s no drama or sense of threat in any of his stories.

That’s a terrible excuse. The pack has run just fine for me and a lot of twitch streamers have had no issues with it either.
I know for certain some haven’t touched it because they find it boring. It seems most of the GC now just do reviews of build and buy and cas and then leave it.

That’s a terrible excuse. The pack has run just fine for me and a lot of twitch streamers have had no issues with it either.
And everyone is you and who you watch, right? Maybe check out reddit and other places people post about their issues before you make blanket statements like that. Even console players are having issues, like being unable to open their games at all.

I know for certain some haven’t touched it because they find it boring. It seems most of the GC now just do reviews of build and buy and cas and then leave it.
That's really smart. Don't have to deal with the bugs and glitches if you just build and create sims. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.