Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For real…it would be SO easy to do videos about Melbourne without giving away exactly where they live. Why not go to local events, check out common tourist attractions, try out the highest-rated cafes in the city via Yelp or something and compare them…so many things she could easily do but she doesn’t. I don’t get it, considering how much she obviously would rather be an influencer than a Simmer.
Exactly. She’s just so daft and uninterested in anything besides online shopping and making moodboards for her “dream house”.
Her LP has already been reduced to an episode a week because she’s so busy exercising and ticking off the checklist that consists of “bed by 9 pm” and “wake up @ 6”.

Reactions: 7
FF95B7D5-F142-477E-8203-A90A742CB56C.png
“usually i try and upload monday to friday” WHEN has deligracy EVER uploaded monday-friday???? life must just throw ‘curve balls’ at her every week because that’s never happened hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 10
95BA7213-0394-4F45-A1D0-BA3FCAE73224.jpeg

I may not know everything (even though she shares pretty much everything), but seriously, what is she anxious about? What circumstances in the life of this woman, who only ever does what she wants, have reinstigated anxiety? The fact that she has her own house in a nice area that she's successfully renovating? The fact that she has a normal, loving boyfriend who helps her in any way she wants? The organic vegetables that come to her house? Her already expensive garden? The fourth health/workout program she's on? A job in which she's lucky enough that subscribers will only support her more, the more she cites anxiety and periods as reasons for not working?

Also, the obligatory photo of flexing her butt. Does she come to James saying "I really don't feel like doing anything, I'm so stressed out... Here, take a photo of me showing off my butt!"? For such a body-positive person, she sure likes to bring attention to her "big boobs" and a "big butt".

1DBB606F-F980-41F1-98B7-DFD3B5E3990F.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm no professional but isn't she just bleeping up her shoulder here ? Why does she go all the way down all the time with these arm exercises ?

How come she has bad posture all the time after spending like 4k on those trainings 😬

Screenshot 2022-08-23 at 16-20-11 Stories • Instagram.png

Reactions: 1
I may not know everything (even though she shares pretty much everything), but seriously, what is she anxious about?
In all fairness to Deli, some people are just anxious. I’ve always been stressed and anxious myself, even when things are fine and there is nothing tangible causing me stress. It sucks a lot. True, it’s a bit hard to reconcile Deli always being stressed and anxious when she presents a perfect life to the world, but I’m going to give her the benefit of the doubt (for once) because I know what constantly being on edge is like and how easy it is to fake it on social media.

But that being said, it’s definitely a little aggravating that she doesn’t seem to recognize that the average person can’t just go for a walk or exercise or take a day off when we’re not feeling it. Prioritizing your health, physical and/or mental, is awesome and important, but most of us just can’t afford to do it at the drop of a hat.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Again I don't watch Deli's content but I also don't get why we would need to see a sims youtuber's workout routine. It's very bizarre to me. She's not a lifestyle creator otherwise, is she?

Reactions: 1
Again I don't watch Deli's content but I also don't get why we would need to see a sims youtuber's workout routine. It's very bizarre to me. She's not a lifestyle creator otherwise, is she?
She's trying to become a lifestyle vlogger 👀

Reactions: 2
In all fairness to Deli, some people are just anxious. I’ve always been stressed and anxious myself, even when things are fine and there is nothing tangible causing me stress. It sucks a lot. True, it’s a bit hard to reconcile Deli always being stressed and anxious when she presents a perfect life to the world, but I’m going to give her the benefit of the doubt (for once) because I know what constantly being on edge is like and how easy it is to fake it on social media.

But that being said, it’s definitely a little aggravating that she doesn’t seem to recognize that the average person can’t just go for a walk or exercise or take a day off when we’re not feeling it. Prioritizing your health, physical and/or mental, is awesome and important, but most of us just can’t afford to do it at the drop of a hat.
I agree. I will say I find it hard to believe there isn't a hint of over-exaggeration or maybe a slight need for attention in such posts, having followed her for years. That is still only an impression, though.

Reactions: 2
View attachment 1521383

I may not know everything (even though she shares pretty much everything), but seriously, what is she anxious about? What circumstances in the life of this woman, who only ever does what she wants, have reinstigated anxiety? The fact that she has her own house in a nice area that she's successfully renovating? The fact that she has a normal, loving boyfriend who helps her in any way she wants? The organic vegetables that come to her house? Her already expensive garden? The fourth health/workout program she's on? A job in which she's lucky enough that subscribers will only support her more, the more she cites anxiety and periods as reasons for not working?

Also, the obligatory photo of flexing her butt. Does she come to James saying "I really don't feel like doing anything, I'm so stressed out... Here, take a photo of me showing off my butt!"? For such a body-positive person, she sure likes to bring attention to her "big boobs" and a "big butt".

View attachment 1521493
I mean I'm no deli fan, but that's not really how anxiety works. I have major depression which kind of ebbs and flows throughout my life - but sometimes it'll be really bad when everything in my life is objectively good. Making money, have a boyfriend, living somewhere nice, but suddenly like suicidal for MONTHS. Other times I've been in really rough times and have felt absolutely fine (mentally). Just because she has a good life doesn't mean she cant have anxiety.
Which also doesn't mean it's not gauche for her to bring it up all the time online like it's a major personality trait. It's one thing to be a mental illness advocate and a complete other to be a mental illness victim influencer

Also uhhh DOES she have a big butt?? It looks extremely normal sized to me... I don't know if I'd call that a good butt

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I mean I'm no deli fan, but that's not really how anxiety works. I have major depression which kind of ebbs and flows throughout my life - but sometimes it'll be really bad when everything in my life is objectively good. Making money, have a boyfriend, living somewhere nice, but suddenly like suicidal for MONTHS. Other times I've been in really rough times and have felt absolutely fine (mentally). Just because she has a good life doesn't mean she cant have anxiety.
Which also doesn't mean it's not gauche for her to bring it up all the time online like it's a major personality trait. It's one thing to be a mental illness advocate and a complete other to be a mental illness victim influencer

Also uhhh DOES she have a big butt?? It looks extremely normal sized to me... I don't know if I'd call that a good butt
Lol she wishes she had a huge butt 😂

She's trying to become a lifestyle vlogger 👀
I hate to burst Deli's bubble but vlogging was relevant 10 years ago. Sure, some people still vlog and get good views but this type of content is definitely on the way out UNLESS you have something special/interesting about you. Deli could lean into living in Australia and dazzle her American audience with cool Australian things but I'm guessing that is too much work. Most people who vlog now have some challenge or journey they are on, to keep their audience invested in their content. Deli is living groundhog day every single day. It's the "watch Deli spend money + complain show" and most people aren't into that.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have anxiety but I would never dream of saying that another person's experience is wrong or not true just because they have different symptoms or are more functional. If Deli says she has anxiety I have to believe her as I hope people believe me. I do tend to mask and hide my anxiety because I don't like people judging me. Mental illness is a bit of a witch. However Deli could be more understanding that not everyone can take mental health breaks or choose to not work because they are having a bad day. In some ways I feel sorry for her she's obviously not happy with her career but doesn't seem to have the motivation to change. Again I know that's not easy but she could study or look at a change in career as James does seem to be supportive both financially and emotionally. I do wonder if there is any resentment that James is more popular with viewers. So I'm going to stop psychoanalysing Deli now haha.
Has anyone watched plumbellas video about living of rewards the idea seems interesting but she annoys me. On a scale of one to laid on the floor crying how bad is it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone watched plumbellas video about living of rewards the idea seems interesting but she annoys me. On a scale of one to laid on the floor crying how bad is it.
I watched but honestly it can’t remember a single thing about it 😂
She probably made a joke about being depressed though.

Regarding everything that's already been said
I agree that it doesn't matter how nice your life is, anxiety isn't gonna make sense and you don't need actual real problems for it to be there and for it to be difficult. I'm an anxious person myself and anything will make me anxious (working, not working, being busy, being lazy, having to do this and that...). It's like every single thing in your life gets stressful, even if it's a tiny bit, but imagine being a bit stressed almost all the time, it gets tiring. That's probably why Deligracy finds exercising and walking helpful.

Also, from what Deligracy has been sharing :
We know that going live on Twitch gives her anxiety
Since she's working from home with no boss/forced schedule, she has a hard time managing her day (hence the board with "wake up at 6" and "in bed by 9", she's trying to get a proper schedule set in). I've been unemployed for a while and find it quite hard to keep a schedule going and not get kind of depressed. It's probably not that easy working from home when you are your own schedule and your own revenue, especially when you're lazy and not interested in what you're doing anymore.
Today she shared books about finding happiness : that means that even with everything she has (money, a house, a nice boyfriend), she hasn't found happiness in her life. Even the new found nutrition and exercising hobbies aren't enough, so she tries her hand at gardening, but it's still not enough. Maybe a change of career would do her good, because it's probably a missing piece for her at the moment. She, herself, probably wonders why she's still not fully happy and still has anxiety.
She most likely has anxiety about her youtube career. We've all talked about this before : she made that vlog/lifestyle channel because she's not interested in the sims anymore and she doesn't know what else to do
I think it would do her good to be more positive in life. Sometimes you have to think clearly and reflect on your life : even if you have some little issues, it's not that bad... Of course, it's not easy, because to you your problems are your entire life. Her therapist could probably help her with that 👀

But then I see this and I'm like, ugh... :rolleyes: 😂
(She's saying that James has gone out to get her coffee, treats, and a heating pad, because bouboubou tough periods...)
Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 10-04-05 Stories • Instagram.png
Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 10-04-42 Stories • Instagram.png

• Heart
I’m all for normalising periods, but I hear more about Delis periods than my own! Mine are painful and I like to baby myself a bit when I’m on but I don’t make it the world’s problem.

Reactions: 11
If Deli says she has anxiety I have to believe her as I hope people believe me.
I'm not saying that she doesn't have anxiety or that anxiety itself is a lie, especially in the world we live in.
I'm saying that Deli is dealing with issues that are common around the world. But she is, in many ways, in a much better position to tackle her issues than most people are. And yet, every month or so the attention is drawn to the same issues that are often magnified from the last time, without the acknowledgment of the privilege she has in accessibility to the solutions to her problems.
I can relate to her issues, but I cannot feel bad for someone who receives maximum support for very common issues in life and still keeps projecting these issues as big enough reasons to not be able to function for a prolonged period of time. That would imply she requires a more serious medical attention, which, as it seems so far, is not the case.

Today she shared books about finding happiness : that means that even with everything she has (money, a house, a nice boyfriend), she hasn't found happiness in her life.
It may be because she's more focused on material things and her physical appearance, rather than finding interests, or a profession even, that would truly fulfill her. I work from home and I know how isolated it becomes when you're not among people every day and you don't have variety in your day-to-day life. If there isn't something else that keeps your mind interested and happy, you easily find yourself in a place where, in an attempt to compensate for what's missing, you believe that new clothes or new cushions will make you feel better, but that always ends up being a temporary dose of happiness.

It may be because she's more focused on material things and her physical appearance, rather than finding interests, or a profession even, that would truly fulfill her. [...] If there isn't something else that keeps your mind interested and happy, you easily find yourself in a place where, in an attempt to compensate for what's missing, you believe that new clothes or new cushions will make you feel better, but that always ends up being a temporary dose of happiness.
I think you said you've been following her for years, do you think Deligracy is changing that materialistic aspect of hers a bit ? Would you say it's worse today or better ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.