Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched a whiny Brit video (is the sims base game any good). Her commentary was spot on and really interesting but her visuals are just not great. I don’t want to stare at her random simself talking in front of the camera, it’s odd. It’s almost like she’d be a better Podcaster?

I’m all for normalising periods, but I hear more about Delis periods than my own! Mine are painful and I like to baby myself a bit when I’m on but I don’t make it the world’s problem.
I just don’t understand why she ignores people when they suggest going to the doctor/endometriosis. Like that’s actually a bit of lifestyle content I would find interesting if she vlogged her journey to diagnosis etc

Reactions: 2
I just watched a whiny Brit video (is the sims base game any good). Her commentary was spot on and really interesting but her visuals are just not great. I don’t want to stare at her random simself talking in front of the camera, it’s odd. It’s almost like she’d be a better podcaster
It's a shame, because whatever colour filter she uses makes her visuals really pop when she plays the game, but using the sim just talking is a bit dull. I can understand if she doesn't want herself on camera, but in that case she'd be far better doing as Carl or Ambiguous Amphibian do, and record a bunch of wacky sims doing stuff, then overlay her voiceover afterwards.

Reactions: 1
I think you said you've been following her for years, do you think Deligracy is changing that materialistic aspect of hers a bit ? Would you say it's worse today or better ?
It's definitely more pronounced now. I used to find her more relatable and fun. I do remember, in some of her earliest "Get Ready With Me" videos, she said that she only uses high-end makeup because she's a bit skeptical about drugstore makeup, which I thought is probably normal in countries with a higher living standard. She always did buy clothes on the high-end spectrum, but not in the range of prices that she buys today. When she moved to her previous apartment and did a vlog here and there, the items she would buy would be more expensive and she would say it's worth investing in quality pieces of clothes. She furnished that apartment mostly from Ikea and some other affordable stores. She used to do these vlogs where she would assemble her own furniture and decorate the place, which I found pretty fun.
I think it's expected that she would focus more on higher-quality furniture pieces now that she has her own house. But it does seem she gets carried away sometimes, thinking that price determines quality. To me it seems that, nowadays, she completely dismisses high-street stores and browses exclusively more expensive stores, only to inevitably find something she likes and then post a story about how unfair it is that the item is too expensive.

i agree that the problem with Deli and anxiety is not that anyone thinks she is lying but that everyone else in the world has to suck it up and go to work regardless and she throws herself a pity party and does nothing instead. It's her flaunting her privilege to everyone

watching Deli redo the landgraab house and it is wild to me that she's like 'i did my research'. i mean, i'm glad you put in more than the bare minimum but youve been a simmer for how long and dont know about the landgraabs?!?!

Reactions: 8
i agree that the problem with Deli and anxiety is not that anyone thinks she is lying but that everyone else in the world has to suck it up and go to work regardless and she throws herself a pity party and does nothing instead. It's her flaunting her privilege to everyone
Bingo! I read this a very long time ago, in regards to sharing negative personal things with your audience on Youtube, that your audience will only tolerate bad life news once or twice before they seek their content elsewhere. It might be just once if you exclusively show only happy content. Content creators are someone's escape from reality and talking about anxiety, periods etc. is fine and good once but gets really grating for people who come to get away from their troubles. I think a lot of creators have forgotten they are making ENTERTAINMENT and most people don't want to hear about their lives, they just want a dose of something happy for 20 minutes.

Reactions: 6
It's a shame, because whatever colour filter she uses makes her visuals really pop when she plays the game, but using the sim just talking is a bit dull. I can understand if she doesn't want herself on camera, but in that case she'd be far better doing as Carl or Ambiguous Amphibian do, and record a bunch of wacky sims doing stuff, then overlay her voiceover afterwards.
yeah totally agree - I kinda just want to see her elevate her content, maybe by reducing her current output (as it’s a lot but inconsistent views) and putting more focus on her good ideas. That sims base game video was good but could have been really great with much better visuals and a slight stronger audio edit.

yeah totally agree - I kinda just want to see her elevate her content, maybe by reducing her current output (as it’s a lot but inconsistent views) and putting more focus on her good ideas. That sims base game video was good but could have been really great with much better visuals and a slight stronger audio edit.
I'm not familiar with her, so these are my initial thoughts of her channel. #1 There is so much going on, so many random videos and different thumbnails styles, it's overwhelming. #2 There's a weird mix of raunchy and kid focused content. :oops: #3 Also a weird mix of high effort and low effort content. I don't foresee this eclectic mix going well in the long run, considering her raunchy Playboy Mansion video is already being buried by Youtube.

On a different note, what do we think about FakeGamerGirl uploading whatever she wants? Honestly, it is very hard to go from a focused game channel to an variety one. It's not impossible but I know of very few channels who have done it successfully. As someone who is disabled, I understand where she is coming from BUT it is only going to get harder from here. Making a successful Sims gaming channel is like pushing a massive boulder uphill. Turning a Sims channel into a variety channel and making it successful is like pushing a mountain up a bigger mountain. Best of luck to her.

Reactions: 4
I'm not familiar with her, so these are my initial thoughts of her channel. #1 There is so much going on, so many random videos and different thumbnails styles, it's overwhelming. #2 There's a weird mix of raunchy and kid focused content. :oops: #3 Also a weird mix of high effort and low effort content. I don't foresee this eclectic mix going well in the long run, considering her raunchy Playboy Mansion video is already being buried by Youtube.
I found Whiny Britt through her storyline idea videos bc I was struggling to come up with my own and did subscribe for a bit, but then she kept doing video's about inbreeding that weirded me out and she's just quite boring tbh so I unsubscribed. Like most the simmers have a personality whether or not they're likable, they were able to get a fanbase. Whiny Britt is so bland I feel no reason to watch her especially with some of her video ideas.

I found Whiny Britt through her storyline idea videos bc I was struggling to come up with my own and did subscribe for a bit, but then she kept doing video's about inbreeding that weirded me out and she's just quite boring tbh so I unsubscribed. Like most the simmers have a personality whether or not they're likable, they were able to get a fanbase. Whiny Britt is so bland I feel no reason to watch her especially with some of her video ideas.
I did exactly this too.

for women of persons on their period?? Deli sort yourself out ffs how does she always get being inclusive this wrong

• Haha
I quite like Whiny Britt. Her humor is fun and I really enjoy the Skipper lets play. I don't mind the sim talking part of some of her videos, it just is what it is. She has a regular full time job and YouTube is on her own time yet she is pretty consistent with uploads unlike most youtubers who are just youtubers.
It's so nice that she doesn't shout all the time like Lilsimmsis (sp?), complain about her period like Deli, or shout & complain about how shite the sims is like Plumbella.
I don't like shouting.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I quite like Whiny Britt. Her humor is fun and I really enjoy the Skipper lets play. I don't mind the sim talking part of some of her videos, it just is what it is. She has a regular full time job and YouTube is on her own time yet she is pretty consistent with uploads unlike most youtubers who are just youtubers.
It's so nice that she doesn't shout all the time like Lilsimmsis (sp?), complain about her period like Deli, or shout & complain about how shite the sims is like Plumbella.
I don't like shouting.
She still has a full time job and manages daily uploads? How on earth! I assumed she had quit the full time job maybe now she’s probably earning decent money with her views. No idea how she has not burnt out yet if she is working 2 jobs essentially!

Deli, what would a period hotline do for you, that a doctor or a therapist couldn't? You have the money, put it toward something useful! The rest of us can only dream of going to the doctor when it isn't an emergency or seeing a therapist EVER. Do you even know what a hotline is? Hotlines are there to listen and give people resources. How exactly is an emotional period hotline going to work for plebs? "Please see your doctor or therapist about these feelings/symptoms." Gee, thanks. Now tell me something I don't already know.

She still has a full time job and manages daily uploads? How on earth! I assumed she had quit the full time job maybe now she’s probably earning decent money with her views. No idea how she has not burnt out yet if she is working 2 jobs essentially!
I noticed in her community tab that she's been going on quite a few vacations. I don't know of any job that will let you go on a trip in June then turn around and go on a trip to Hawaii in August. 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Yeah I'm fairly certain she still has full time job. I don't remember hearing anything about her leaving it.

Deli, what would a period hotline do for you, that a doctor or a therapist couldn't? You have the money, put it toward something useful!
For REAL. For all the praise she’s gotten for “normalizing” periods, she contributes nothing to the conversation besides “I’m on my period!” and perpetuating frustrating stereotypes about how women behave when menstruating.

At this point, I’m getting secondhand embarrassment from her. She’s in her 30s and trying to act like it’s cute that she apparently can’t function every time she’s on her period. And if it truly is that debilitating, she should go to the doctor.

Plus, didn’t she just post about how being on her period isn’t that bad because James goes out and buys her stuff? So which is it? It’s not that bad or you need some sort of crisis hotline to get you through it?

Reactions: 8
As if she’s banging on about periods again, I’m sure this woman has had 4 periods since I had my last one last month:unsure:😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She actually should be happy she gets a period because it’s quite frankly her only personality trait

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Deli, what would a period hotline do for you, that a doctor or a therapist couldn't?
She wants to complain about how hard it is and how down she is feeling.

What happened is she started complaining about her periods online, she received positive feedback, so she thought "hey, people like that, I'm gonna do it more". But Deli doesn't know when to stop and she takes it too far, now sharing with us her bleeping poop stool. o_O

And now, she wants to complain EVEN MORE, but somehow in her little brain she has this lil glimpse of self awareness that says "wait, that would be too much", so she keeps complaining... but "NOT TOO MUCH". AND THAT IS WHY she wants a period hotline. 😂

Also, I've read multiple people here saying she should go to the doctor for her periods : she totally could, but she doesn't, because I think she doesn't have any real issue with her periods and she knows that. She just likes to complain and she won't acknowledge people who tell her to go see a doctor. OR she actually went to one and didn't tell her followers about it (and she shares everything...) and she just has a low tolerance for pain etc.

What's annoying is that you have people in the world with real healthcare issues and periods issues and they cannot afford to have it checked out, and it's not normal. But here she is, Deligracy, complaining like a bleeping pig all the timeeeeeeeeeeeee :rolleyes:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.