Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
omg simmer rei's survivor is not kind to deli lol. when introducing everyone, she talks about how their skills and personalities will help them. when she gets to deli she basically just says deli will mooch off of james. its true but i didnt think she'd say it XD

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah, 1st video has 141k views and the 2nd one has 56k... I know people here said it's normal for views to drop between the first video and second but damn it still feels like a lot to me 😨
100% of viewers are not going to stick with a series. It's impossible to make everyone happy and want to keep watching. Huge drops can be because of a few factors; #1 your video went viral or semi viral. Markiplier, one of the biggest personalities on the site, went from 30 million to 18 million on his most recent FNAF series. That's because his videos hit trending and lots of people watched but many people stopped watching because they weren't interested in the game, they wanted to play the game themselves, and they didn't like Mark as a creator. I would say that this kind of drop off is normal for his channel and content. Deli losing 40% of her viewers between episode 1 and episode 2 is not because her video went viral, it's because #2 her content is bad. If you look back at her last few series, you can definitely see a pattern. Lots of people tune in for a new series and then stop watching when the content isn't up to their standards/interests. People only have a finite amount of time to spend on Youtube and when they feel like you are wasting their time, they will look elsewhere. Most of the Sims community is so interchangeable content wise, that you could watch any number of creators and get the same, milquetoast experience. Why should they invest their time with Deli?

It's kind of the same thing for youtubers in general and gamers too. You have to be different/more interesting/special for your videos to bring views. I feel like Deligracy hasn't grasped that...
Deli hasn't grasped that it isn't the 2010's anymore and times have changed. She's lived in a comfortable bubble for so long that she doesn't know how to make content fun/interesting, let alone edit in a way that makes people want to watch her 30 minute monstrosities. She had someone do all that work for her and now that she can't afford that person and has to do it herself, she thinks she can keep making content the way she used to and people will fall over themselves to watch it. In my opinion, most Sims creators are dinosaurs, sticking to outdated ways to make content instead of learning new skills to make their videos more entertaining. Their channels going "extinct" is just a byproduct of being lazy and boring. Sure, they can coast on their diehard fans for a while but eventually people will stumble across creators much better than them and decide they don't need to watch their boring drivel anymore. That's why CallMeKevin and ambiguousamphibian are getting hundreds of thousands of views; they give people what they can't get from simmers, fun/unique content. Simstubers should really be ashamed that creators outside the Sims niche are making better content than they are. But most of them have their heads buried so far up their own butts that they can't see the problems with their own content, let alone have the mental capacity to learn new skills and change their content.

And when she does try to "change", she makes a VLOG channel, when that's the hardest category to become successful with (I read that somewhere, that there was so many vlog channels on youtube that it was now impossible to make it "big") and that she has the most boring life and nothing to share.
It's not impossible to grow a vlog channel or any channel, you just have to have something different about you. You have to be willing to put in the work, think outside the box and *gasp* be unique. We all know that Deli is not capable of doing that. People are tired of "here is my extravagant life! LOOK AT ME!" vloggers. The big global event really turned the tides on the rich vloggers and most people don't want to watch someone flaunt their wealth. Shocker! Again, this difficult to grow a [insert channel type here] is not a "it's too crowded" problem but a "I'm too boring" problem. Everyone copies everyone else. No one wants to be different and take risks with their content. Channels blow up every single day and 99.9% have something new and interesting to show people. When was the last time you saw anything "unique and interesting" from the Simstubers?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I usually really enjoy James Turner’s videos but his latest 45 minute, part 1 of 2 mansion building upload is such a lazy idea. Feels very 2016.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if she has anxiety sometimes about her views dropping and about her maybe having to change her lifestyle and maybe even job... But then I see all that money she spends and... nah, probably not 🤭 Her sad attempt at a vlog channel shows that she's really not trying.
There’s a (very small) part of me that feels bad for her, it’s probably stressful seeing your channel and source of income slowly die like that.

But everyone is right, she hasn’t adapted and doesn’t try very hard. It’s clear she doesn’t really want to do Sims content anymore but still half-asses her vlogs. The lack of effort on her end is kind of astounding - is she just lazy, or does she genuinely not get it?

• Heart
This. Asexual doesn't mean Aromantic. Two totally different spectrums.
I thought Plumbella said she was aromantic?
Either way it’s a weird thing for her to tell her audience. But I’ve noticed her audience love her when she talks about anxiety and things and if she mentions her sexuality her community lose their minds.

Reactions: 3
I usually really enjoy James Turner’s videos but his latest 45 minute, part 1 of 2 mansion building upload is such a lazy idea. Feels very 2016.
How many mansions do people possibly need? Deli's built like 10 mansions. Everyone builds mansions. Who plays with mansions? I must be playing the game wrong because I gravitate toward smallish cozy houses that fit the needs of my families. It already takes Sims a ridiculous amount of time to traverse upstairs to downstairs, then outside for work/school. I can't imagine how long it would take in a mansion. So impractical for 99% of players.

Reactions: 7
How many mansions do people possibly need? Deli's built like 10 mansions. Everyone builds mansions. Who plays with mansions? I must be playing the game wrong because I gravitate toward smallish cozy houses that fit the needs of my families. It already takes Sims a ridiculous amount of time to traverse upstairs to downstairs, then outside for work/school. I can't imagine how long it would take in a mansion. So impractical for 99% of players.
Sometimes I do like building mansions in the game when I feel like building instead of playing with a sim. Usually I can make an idea of a big family that lives there and then make the sims for the house. I also imagine when posting on youtube that the title "dream mansion" will attract more viewer than "small cozy home". A lot of viewers might not be good at making big houses so they like seeing other people try it out. I do agree that mansions aren't the best for gameplay since sims in the sims 4 are so slow and get confused and cancel actions so easily.

Reactions: 1
Sometimes I do like building mansions in the game when I feel like building instead of playing with a sim. Usually I can make an idea of a big family that lives there and then make the sims for the house. I also imagine when posting on youtube that the title "dream mansion" will attract more viewer than "small cozy home". A lot of viewers might not be good at making big houses so they like seeing other people try it out. I do agree that mansions aren't the best for gameplay since sims in the sims 4 are so slow and get confused and cancel actions so easily.
I get that they are fun to build but who plays in them? I've never seen anyone bust out a massive 8 bedroom mansion in their gameplay. To me, there isn't a point to build something so impractical you can't play in it. And don't get me started on the crap on the gallery that is just pretty set dressing to look at and you can't actually do anything with them. They get stupid amounts of downloads too, despite being unplayable, and all I want to know is #1 why do they build things that you can't play in and #2 why do so many people download them? It all feels like a huge waste of time but that just might be me.

James normally does smaller and more interesting builds though: maybe he just wanted to scratch an itch and go 100% Obscene Modern Luxury after all the grungy werewolf stuff he had been building the last few months. I quite liked his use of the circular walls and platforms in the video though.

Also, he did say he was going to be using it in a future Lets' Play, so at least the thing will be useable (if you have a PC setup capable of playing a 64 by 64 lot on a legacy save without exploding, I certainly don't 😂, my poor laptop would die at the very thought)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I get that they are fun to build but who plays in them? I've never seen anyone bust out a massive 8 bedroom mansion in their gameplay. To me, there isn't a point to build something so impractical you can't play in it. And don't get me started on the crap on the gallery that is just pretty set dressing to look at and you can't actually do anything with them. They get stupid amounts of downloads too, despite being unplayable, and all I want to know is #1 why do they build things that you can't play in and #2 why do so many people download them? It all feels like a huge waste of time but that just might be me.
I feel like this could be for those who modify their towns by having beautifully detailed lots everywhere instead of EA's empty builds. They're not really gonna go everywhere with their sims but it makes the towns more lively. Also it's fun to discover for community lots. I once added a pirate theme restaurant to my save and even though the Dine Out experience was tit, the build was beautiful to look at and it really felt like you were traveling somewhere lol.

This is such a brilliant idea for a challenge. I’m surprised nobody’s done it before.

• Heart
And don't get me started on the crap on the gallery that is just pretty set dressing to look at and you can't actually do anything with them. They get stupid amounts of downloads too, despite being unplayable, and all I want to know is #1 why do they build things that you can't play in and #2 why do so many people download them? It all feels like a huge waste of time but that just might be me.
The big download numbers come from kids who play the game. I remember when I first got Sims 2 and would build a mahooosive big square and call it a mansion 😂

I don't know if you classify this as a mansion but I did love the big house James made for his seasons sims I think it was. It was a beautiful build!

The big download numbers come from kids who play the game. I remember when I first got Sims 2 and would build a mahooosive big square and call it a mansion 😂
And put suits of armour, the fountain, the statue of the lady with urn, and the £8000 picture in every room to bring the decor up to scratch, no matter what style of house you built. And the kids rooms had to have the racecar bed with every single bit of matching furniture in lurid red and yellow crammed in, and the teenagers room was alarmingly gothic.

I loved building in the Sims 1 and 2. I was crap at it, because I was a 14 year old raised on Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen episodes of Changing Rooms , but I loved it.

• Haha
And put suits of armour, the fountain, the statue of the lady with urn, and the £8000 picture in every room to bring the decor up to scratch, no matter what style of house you built. And the kids rooms had to have the racecar bed with every single bit of matching furniture in lurid red and yellow crammed in, and the teenagers room was alarmingly gothic.

I loved building in the Sims 1 and 2. I was crap at it, because I was a 14 year old raised on Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen episodes of Changing Rooms , but I loved it.
A Gothic teen room from Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff was in all of my builds 🤣

Also re: James most recent video. I love him as much as the next guy! But come on, it's definitely harder to listen to him when he narrates a speed build video. I way prefer him playing or building 'live', talking through his decisions and reacting in the moment. I just think he gets a bit rambly in his speed builds and wants to do them all in one take with no stops... so the narration gets a bit mind numbing after a while.

Just tryna be fair to our simmers! I'll criticise when I think it's due haha

Also re: James most recent video. I love him as much as the next guy! But come on, it's definitely harder to listen to him when he narrates a speed build video. I way prefer him playing or building 'live', talking through his decisions and reacting in the moment. I just think he gets a bit rambly in his speed builds and wants to do them all in one take with no stops... so the narration gets a bit mind numbing after a while.

I always skip speed builds and see the final part when its all done 😬😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I thought Plumbella said she was aromantic?
Either way it’s a weird thing for her to tell her audience. But I’ve noticed her audience love her when she talks about anxiety and things and if she mentions her sexuality her community lose their minds.
She might have. Idk. I was just replying to the other comments that brought up asexual.

But, yeah, if she said aromatic, then idk why she'd have crushes bc that seems counterintuitive. I don't see an issue with her telling people, but not if she thinks that her whole personality (the way she seems to go on and on about anxiety and autism though, I'm sure she does talk about it TOO much though).

Also re: James most recent video. I love him as much as the next guy! But come on, it's definitely harder to listen to him when he narrates a speed build video. I way prefer him playing or building 'live', talking through his decisions and reacting in the moment.

Oh, absolutely a fair point, and I feel that too. Hard to talk for so long and make it fresh and engaging. Not the finest video in the world.

Has anyone watched that thing Lilsimsie was judging? Uture or whatever it is called. I wasn't interested in Spark'd and I'm really not interested in watching this. Just curious about who won and how/if that win gave them any momentum to their channel. From what I've seen on Youtube, most creators have no plan or idea what to do when they get some recognition or have a viral video, which leads to the big opportunity being wasted.

Was that really what people asked for from your Instagram post, Deli ? Really ? 😴
Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 12-29-29 Abonnements - YouTube.png

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.