Sims YouTubers #2 (lilsimsie, Plumbella, James Turner, Deligracy etc)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was that really what people asked for from your Instagram post, Deli ? Really ? šŸ˜“
View attachment 1505805
Iā€™m watching this video now and I promise you all I was watching with good intentions and didnā€™t mean to talk tit about it but sheā€™s so dimšŸ˜­šŸ˜­ she does a room in inverted grayscale and it should take you about 1 minute to understand inverted grayscale means white objects will probably turn out to be dark??? Because itā€™s inverted?? Helloooo??? But she keeps using ā€œwhiteā€ objects and saying sheā€™s doing it to be safe? Girlie!!! Wake up!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Just on Steph0sims, Plumbella was preaching in one of her videos (maybe the unpopular opinions one?) about how EA should let Steph build for one of their packs.

Whilst sheā€™s actually a really good builder (not that we see that anymore) I canā€™t see her being on EAā€™s radar for this - she posts once every blue moon and is extremely unfamily friendly.

Iā€™m actually surprised sheā€™s a game changer. They donā€™t even gift CallMeKevin the games because they donā€™t like how he plays it, and heā€™s actually playing to the game restrictions whilst sheā€™s got multiple mods in place and constantly showing sims being murdered, or with massive CAS body assets
EA not liking how Kevin plays The Sims is exactly why I love his Sims videos šŸ˜‚ They're pure chaos, but the type that doesn't give you a headache like Steph0sims and Plumbella

• Heart
Reactions: 10
EA not liking how Kevin plays The Sims is exactly why I love his Sims videos šŸ˜‚ They're pure chaos, but the type that doesn't give you a headache like Steph0sims and Plumbella
The best part about Kevin is that most of the time, heā€™s playing completely within the confines of the game as is. He did use mods for a while, but his most memorable stuff happens when heā€™s just playing the game. Between the Jim Pickens Cinematic Universe and the chaos that just naturally happens in the game when he plays, Kevinā€™s videos are always top tier. Even his Sim being in a perfect mood while living in shack with his fish tank cracks me up.

Reactions: 10
Anyone noticed the spike in ads on Jamesā€™ videos? I just watched the 2nd part of his mansion build and, while it is 50 min long, I found there were a lot of ads, which was a bit distracting.

Anyone noticed the spike in ads on Jamesā€™ videos? I just watched the 2nd part of his mansion build and, while it is 50 min long, I found there were a lot of ads, which was a bit distracting.
Got to pay for Deliā€™s boujee plain cushions shipped all the way from NZ somehow!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Do they actually not like it? I didnā€™t know that.
I would have thought they would prefer him showcasing the game in itā€™s mostly natural state than game changers using wicked whims, teen pregnancies and the extreme violence mod.

Kevin makes the game funny. Give me him than a game changer fake crying over stairs or pretending the new high school pack is so deep any day.

Reactions: 5
I would have thought they would prefer him showcasing the game in itā€™s mostly natural state than game changers using wicked whims, teen pregnancies and the extreme violence mod.

Kevin makes the game funny. Give me him than a game changer fake crying over stairs or pretending the new high school pack is so deep any day.
I know in the past theyā€™ve actually patched the game to stop it being possible to do some of the things he was doing - canā€™t remember specially what they were. Plus they donā€™t gift him games despite him having a lot of engagement in his sims vids.
I donā€™t know if they donā€™t like him per se but he does make a joke about it

Reactions: 6
I know in the past theyā€™ve actually patched the game to stop it being possible to do some of the things he was doing - canā€™t remember specially what they were. Plus they donā€™t gift him games despite him having a lot of engagement in his sims vids.
Probably more that the people who patch the game don't talk to the people who give out the free games and do the PR, there is a very obvious disconnect between the two sometimes. And the people who give the free games don't seem to update their lists of Useful and Active Game Players very often: there's folk who were gifted the last few packs that have never bothered their arses to do even a minor review of the thing.

And the people who give the free games don't seem to update their lists of Useful and Active Game Players very often: there's folk who were gifted the last few packs that have never bothered their arses to do even a minor review of the thing.
Yes, it does seem that once youā€™re a game changer youā€™re never removed which seems like a stupid move from the sims team

EA doesn't like anything that showcases their ineptitude. I watched Kevin's two videos about Werewolf High School and they were not flattering for either pack. I know in the past, companies have been very particular in their contracts about pre-release content not showcasing any bugs, so I imagine they don't like having all the failings of their games on display for a million people to see. It would not surprise me in the least to hear that someone at EA saw his content and reported it to the right channels to get fixed. EA doesn't need/want anymore bad publicity. That's why they have so many game changers, they literally bury the bad stuff with the sheer amount of content they make before release.

Were they heavily frontloaded, meaning lots of ads at the beginning and none/few at the end? If so, that is purely on Youtube. Youtube decided to not only run ads on content that was not allowed to be monetized [and keep the money for themselves] but also they rolled out auto placement of ads, letting an algorithm place them. Now smart creators would check those ad placements because Youtube can't do anything right. James probably doesn't care, he gets paid more this way, so it's another thing he doesn't have to deal with. I don't watch people who have lots of ads. I think the only simmer I watch regularly has 1 ad at the beginning and 1 ad towards the end. I believe their answer was that it improved the viewer experience substantially and their watch time was much higher because of it. Not surprising considering a bunch of ads is a huge turn off for most viewers.

Reactions: 3
Were they heavily frontloaded, meaning lots of ads at the beginning and none/few at the end? If so, that is purely on Youtube.
Yeah, probably just Youtube being Youtube, it's just that I haven't noticed them being that annoying on other youtubers' videos. With James recently, there are always 2 at the beginning, but I've had several of these 2-ad breaks during the video, plus anytime I would check the message on my phone and go back to the video it would also prompt one. It gets annoying really fast.

Reactions: 1
Yeah, probably just Youtube being Youtube, it's just that I haven't noticed them being that annoying on other youtubers' videos. With James recently, there are always 2 at the beginning, but I've had several of these 2-ad breaks during the video, plus anytime I would check the message on my phone and go back to the video it would also prompt one. It gets annoying really fast.
Adblock *cough cough*

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The best part about Kevin is that most of the time, heā€™s playing completely within the confines of the game as is. He did use mods for a while, but his most memorable stuff happens when heā€™s just playing the game. Between the Jim Pickens Cinematic Universe and the chaos that just naturally happens in the game when he plays, Kevinā€™s videos are always top tier. Even his Sim being in a perfect mood while living in shack with his fish tank cracks me up.
My favourite was when they patched something off the back of an exploit he found. I think it was allowing swimming to be a selectable activity as part of a winter event or something? šŸ˜‚

Yes this! šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Do Game Changers have to do in depth reviews and showcase the new content on the game as well? I feel like Kevin wouldn't be able to make a serious review video, I feel like its not his style of content, and I think I prefer his lighthearted and silly videos! in a way I think I'm glad hes not a gamechanger.

Reactions: 3
Wasn't LGR removed from the program for criticizing the game too much ?
Depends what your definition of "removed" is. They sent him keys without him asking for them and then suddenly they changed to wanting contracts signed and selling your soul to EA. LGR said no thanks because it would call into question his integrity. If you read between the lines a little bit, it looks like they wanted more control over what people said about the game and LGR was never going to sign anything like that. It would be an easy way to force out anyone with ethics and make way for others who would parrot the company line. He did an interview for Simmed Up Magazine and he talked about the situation. I think its in one of the first couple issues.

I haven't noticed them being that annoying on other youtubers' videos.
It was because the video was longer. Youtube learned their lesson about loading short videos full of advertisements. People complained and watch time took a nose dive, so they backed off. Now Youtube loads videos that are over 30 minutes with lots of ads because of their "research" I guess. I'm betting people who sit down to watch a long video or livestream are more willing to watch ads, but who really knows?

Adblock *cough cough*
If we are talking about 99.9% of the dreck on Youtube, I would agree with you. However, I want to help incentivize my favorite creators to continue making content instead of forcing them to sell out to companies. I'd rather watch a 30 second ad than a 3 minute sponsorship read, miss out on content because it's paywalled on Patreon or deal with constant merch shilling. But you do you. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Do Game Changers have to do in depth reviews and showcase the new content on the game as well? I feel like Kevin wouldn't be able to make a serious review video, I feel like its not his style of content, and I think I prefer his lighthearted and silly videos! in a way I think I'm glad hes not a gamechanger.
From what I have heard, you have to put out some kind of pre-release content if you take a key. I don't think there is any stipulation on what it has to be. I think creators go after reviews and showcases of new content because they are easy to make. Slap review on any old video showing off the pack and you get double or triple the views. I would say LGR and Carl are the only people who actually do reviews. Shame they have to put up with these game changer wannabes polluting their pond.

Iā€™ve not watched any sims content for a few weeks but had noticed ads in the middle of other longer videos Iā€™ve watched. Can people choose to add more ads? Not sims related but something else I used to watch fairly regularly had so many videos it drove me nuts. Iā€™m normally quite tolerant of ads as I do want to support creators and itā€™s only a couple minutes but this was way too much,

Reactions: 4
Can people choose to add more ads?
Creators can put as many ads as they want in their videos. I think it was last July when Youtube started auto placing ads themselves and considering they get 45% of all ad revenue, they want as many ads as possible. Sure, there are some greedy creators but too many ads hurts watch time and watch time determines your videos reach, so most creators are incentivized to not be greedy.

Reactions: 4
Creators can put as many ads as they want in their videos. I think it was last July when Youtube started auto placing ads themselves and considering they get 45% of all ad revenue, they want as many ads as possible. Sure, there are some greedy creators but too many ads hurts watch time and watch time determines your videos reach, so most creators are incentivized to not be greedy.
Thanks, itā€™s all interesting finding out how it works.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.