Simon Harris #6 Even the Duke of Marlborough only charges £4.99 for a tea towel

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Essex is United stuff was good in lockdown but not needed afterwards. It's all a bit tainted now by the association with Simon. I bet he is the only admin who got paid such a huge amount of cash.

I honestly thought in lockdown he was just part of an admin team amplifying messages for the NHS and welfare services - I did not expect that he'd been paid for this. In fact I have no issue with him being paid and in many ways he is correct - the fault for this lies with ECC and a MSEICB. Incidentally is Kirsty still MIA?

I really hope that how payments were agreed is explored and not just swept under the carpet with a "whoops we fucked that up, lessons learned" etc, especially if kickbacks were involved which is the rumour locally. I live and work within the ECC/MSEICB area.

Reactions: 7
The Essex is United stuff was good in lockdown but not needed afterwards. It's all a bit tainted now by the association with Simon. I bet he is the only admin who got paid such a huge amount of cash.

I honestly thought in lockdown he was just part of an admin team amplifying messages for the NHS and welfare services - I did not expect that he'd been paid for this. In fact I have no issue with him being paid and in many ways he is correct - the fault for this lies with ECC and a MSEICB. Incidentally is Kirsty still MIA?

I really hope that how payments were agreed is explored and not just swept under the carpet with a "whoops we fucked that up, lessons learned" etc, especially if kickbacks were involved which is the rumour locally. I live and work within the ECC/MSEICB area.
Also live under ECB, my assumption at the time was that this was run by voulenteers, there were plenty of people, espcecially in the first few months who were not able to work. I know many people who worked in face to face roles where they'd have jumped at the chance to do something while they were on furlough etc.

I have a friend who works Southend Council, she was flat out working her day job, and organising vaccination centres and volunteers at the same time.

This cretin does not deserve this kind of money, not even an experienced comms contractor would be paid this kind of money. He's not a comms strategist, he'd be laughed out of a PR firm or a Communications team in an any company. The fact he posts the crap he posts proves he doesn't want a real job, as his history would not get him a first interview anywhere.

Reactions: 11
1713555960718.png

I was going to say why is there a half used jar of Dolmio and three empty bottles of wine on the counter, but it's not his photo. So he probably hasn't even bought it. Great (aff)ing Si.

1713556007461.png

• Angry
Reactions: 5
🚨 IT HAS HAPPENED PEOPLE!!! 🚨

We never thought we’d see it, but the day has arrived. That’s right… SOMEONE HAS FOLLOWED THE TEA TOWEL PAGE!!!! 😮😱

I’m expecting ripples on the FTSE100 as the markets react. Could this finally be Lift Off for the novelty napkin printing prat? 🤔

IMG_0015.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
or: when the auditors from ECC give you a ring

1713644597436.png

---
1713644690255.png

oh well that's awkward, how am I going to buy a hilarious napkintowel?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
He's wheeled out this one again for what must be about the tenth time. It's tragic that he thinks it's actually funny writing.

BUT THEY’VE GOT MONEY FOR …’ APRIL 2024 EDITION
Your ‘cut out and keep’ thread of responses to every idiot abusing people on social media who admit they’re worried about the cost of living now.
‘ … A FLAT-SCREEN TV.’ If you want a non-flat screen these days, you need to ram raid a local museum or employ a team of electricians and engineers so advanced that you would need to go head-hunting at NASA. People literally give them away on Facebook Marketplace FFS.
‘ … A SMARTPHONE.’ Have you tried applying for any sort of benefits without Internet access? Not everyone wants to go and sit in a library next to local character Dave The Dog Molester whose search history makes Gary Glitter’s PC World visit look like a CBeebies Bedtime Story.
‘ … BOOZE.’ You make it sound like they’re quaffing bathtubs of Moet at Salt Bae’s gaff, but in reality they’re just looking for whatever’s cheapest in Lidl to give them a few blessed hours of relief from this unbearable bleeping shitshow.
‘ … SKY TV.’ Not everyone with a dish is paying £100+ for the Megabox Ultimate Family Mega Super Wanky Shiny Shiny Package. Loads of places don’t even have a Freeview aerial because the developer couldn’t be arsed, so they can grab an old Sat receiver off eBay and crack on.
‘ … WI-FI.’ Applying for literally anything these days aside, there are actually kindhearted souls out there who will give their router password to a neighbour when they’re on their arse.
‘ … A CAR.’ Have you seen the state of public transport in this country lately if you happen to live somewhere that isn’t London? For some, it’s literally a case of shelling out a fortune to run a car or literally nothing else because of work, school, caring commitments etc.
‘ … <<RANDOM LUXURY ITEM>>.’ Ever heard of gift cards, birthday presents, or quite simply a one-off ‘f**k it’ that for many will lead to feelings of overwhelming guilt anyway?
‘ … NETFLIX.’ Mate there are literally three people in the UK who pay for Netflix. Everyone else is using their details.
Who are ‘they’ anyway? Hasn’t it sunk in yet that the current cost of living crisis is pulling people into your ‘they’ category that don’t fit your bigoted, f**kheaded idea of someone who is struggling financially? Six grand a year for energy would even put some of the Waitrose brigade into dire straits, so shut up.
‘ … NON-ESSENTIAL FOOD ITEM.’ People donate this sort of stuff to food banks so that those who rely upon them get an occasional glimmer of joy while simultaneously feeling all sorts of horribleness about needing this ‘last resort’ to keep their families fed.
‘ … HOLIDAYS.’ Do you know why ‘We’re going away with Nanny and Grandad’ is such a popular phrase? Because so often it’s ‘Nanny and Grandad’ who feel compelled to use their own limited spending power to give their loved ones a few days of excitement.
‘ … TROLLEYS OF SHOPPING.’ The f**k do you want people to do for food when food banks aren’t an option? Grab a spear and head down the high street to try and bag a mammoth?
‘ … LITERALLY ANYTHING NOT AT HOME.’ You do realise that there are people out there who are genuinely terrified of going home every … single … evening, don’t you? However horrible you think some people’s daily ordeals are, multiply them by fifty and you’re closer to the mark.

• Haha
That’s disgusting mocking people for not having internet access. He doesn’t know the reason behind that, they could have had mental health problems, left an abusive home, anything.

At least they’re not lowered to sharing Temu links and Octopus.

Reactions: 8
What a ridiculous statement. Has he been into a library recently? I use mine frequently. They're vital community hubs.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
one of those mask-slip moments, innit
---
1713696501757.png

if this is true then wtf

if not true also wtf

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Slagging off local libraries which are vital for a lot of people, has really hit a nerve.

He really likes to push the 'them and us' narrative with his 'fans'.

Reactions: 15
It’s not even possible to get hold of anything too dodgy on a council computer, the firewalls are high.
God forbid you might have to sit next to “a person”, er how about travel to the library can be expensive and ability to access the computers might be poor. If you’ve still got a local library, I thought the Tories closed them. No pwierdo joke there, though.

Reactions: 10
Back to shilling Octopus again with a new disclaimer. How does he have the bleeping nerve to say he's a content creator when at least 80% of his content is stolen?!

DISCLAIMER: I too benefit from this arrangement. As a content creator, I benefit from creating content. I’ve checked this with the ASA and the ICC in The Hague, and it’s all above board.

• Haha
Back to shilling Octopus again with a new disclaimer. How does he have the bleeping nerve to say he's a content creator when at least 80% of his content is stolen?!
Can we report him to the ASA for saying he’s checked it with The Hague?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
His new way of “creating content” is to find a mildly amusing tweet from somebody else, screenshot it, then post it along with one of his crappy jokes above it. His addition is like a comedy black hole that sucks the humour out of everything around it.

He could destroy the finest sketches from the Two Ronnies just by adding one of his shite jokes above em.

IMG_0018.jpeg

IMG_0019.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4