Simon Harris #5 Mr Harris, who was a popular figure on the internet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All that time producing a nice graphic and yet, next to no traction. As I have said before, this lot need to increase their follower count, or else it is in danger of getting boring.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
All that time producing a nice graphic and yet, next to no traction. As I have said before, this lot need to increase their follower count, or else it is in danger of getting boring.
It’s too cryptic. Teasing people with these mysterious posts is only sustainable for so long. This account will never take off in its current form.

View attachment 2752147

View attachment 2752149

I mean ffs you could throw a local reference in outside of adding 'in Suffolk' to the final paragraph
This is just embarrassing. What he’s doing with these pages at the moment screams desperation of an amateur. The tit is well and truly hitting the fan and he’s in crisis management mode.

But he’s doing himself no favours. As Fred pointed out earlier, Simon is categorically not a social media expert. He might be able to pull the wool over the eyes of your average Joe who’s casually glancing at things, but anyone with a basic knowledge of Facebook and enough interest to scratch the surface, can instantly spot the bot farms, the sock accounts, and the copy/pasting between pages. When they get an actual social media expert to look at this, they will rip it to shreds.

£130,000…. Holy duck.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think he’s used a bot farm. You can pay to boost posts on Facebook, meaning they’re essentially shown as adverts. You’ll see lots of these on your news feed from random meme accounts and businesses marked as ‘suggested for you’. He’s chosen a pothole one because he knows idiots will interact with it and are dying to give their opinion.

He’ll be showing off about the engagement he gets, but it’s from complete randoms who Facebook have shown his post to and not the people he’s supposed to be reaching.

Reactions: 8
Just as there was the “well Carol, maybe if you want paper in the photocopier you should just put it in yourself 🤬” type lines going round, maybe there will be “no Simon “sigh” that’s not how social media reach works”

Reactions: 1
I don’t think he’s used a bot farm. You can pay to boost posts on Facebook, meaning they’re essentially shown as adverts. You’ll see lots of these on your news feed from random meme accounts and businesses marked as ‘suggested for you’. He’s chosen a pothole one because he knows idiots will interact with it and are dying to give their opinion.

He’ll be showing off about the engagement he gets, but it’s from complete randoms who Facebook have shown his post to and not the people he’s supposed to be reaching.

So basically the posts he is least likely to pay to boost will be the ones with actual specific relevance to Suffolk. I hope he's having to pay a lot to boost these things. Saw someone from New Zealand commenting on the pothole last time I looked.

Reactions: 4
Seem like neither the Essex or Suffolk pages have paid / are doing ads. You can see on their about pages if they run ads at the bottom

IMG_4601.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Ads are different to boosted posts though. I’m not sure boosted posts would show on here.
I was wondering if it was that. Give it enough of a nudge and it would start appearing in feeds, which explains why some people were raging at their (not Suffolk) county councils 🤣

Either way not sure how the contract managers will see paying hand over fist to build a global community spirit around how shite they are

This is interesting.

An organisation called "Community Action Suffolk" looks as if they picked up funding - we don't know if this is as as well as the £130K spaffed on Mone and Barrowman or part of it - but it was to act as admin to the group.

The youngster they've emplyed is listed on their website is on about £100 a week and she is now the sole remaining named admin for the group. Community Action Suffolk have, I am guessing, picked up funding to cover salary, plus a bit on top for their other costs and in a decision which seems now to have been woefully optimistic, for a full year (till June 24), i.e. beyond the term of the SocialKind non contract. So a teeny tiny fraction of the main grift - but, hey, they aren't the geniuses are they?

What they've ended up doing, unintentionally maybe, is:

1). getting the raw end of the deal,
2). been "used" to legitimise the approach amongst the rest of the charity sector in Suffolk,
3). without realising, created the circumstances in which lower overall funding was likely to flow from SCC to the charity sector because funding was being spaffed on the main grift.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2

It is being livestreamed

From the comments I don't think they've got to it yet (someone asking when they going to address the Simon and Kirsty grift lol). Annoyingly I have to do my job as I don't get paid for copying and pasting content so can't keep an ear on it

Reactions: 5
Was hoping to see a plucky young firebrand called Jack Monroe furiously scribbling down notes on the proceedings in the public gallery.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It'll tell you what. If there's one thing this might do, it is to give the 94 people live streaming it (91 more than usual), an insight into the quality of political debate and scrutiny at local councils. Something's got to be done to extend participation becuase, with a few exceptions, they are just like an amorphous blob of retired bank manager mediocrity. How they deal with the next agenda item, the one we are all here for with our popcorn, may give even more of an insight - I think it will get rushed through with platitudes.

As they say, we get the politicians we deserve.
---
I'll also add a question - is this the first time that tattle has been used to, in a small way, seek to increase political and democratic accountability? If it is, then I think we all need to give ourselves an anonymous pat on the back.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Currently popcorning at the live chat comments 👀
---
Executive Statement incoming!
---
Oooh she's started off with saying there's a legal situation where they've been advised what they can and can't talk about and if they say owt they can't say, room will close. Legal have vetted the statement being made.
---
Lots of hamming up how bad the pandemic was. Novel approach. Peer reviewed/ case studies/award blabla
---
"it would not have happened this way if our central services were aware of it" (re Simon passing on money, lack of waivers)
---
It's going to the Audit Committee
---
Oh sorry they're going to motion it to go to Audit Committee, but everybody seems for it

Mackrory now, says there have been failings around control of taxpayer money for dubious schemes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Sorry slightly off topic from the council meeting. But, it appears that Kirsty Mone O’Callaghan has done a disappearing act from LinkedIn.

I suspect the big career move over to Suffolk County Council has gone for a burton. While she’s been hiding away, she’s been learning to play darts, just so she can pin a photo of Harris to her board.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sorry slightly off topic from the council meeting. But, it appears that Kirsty Mone O’Callaghan has done a disappearing act from LinkedIn.

I suspect the big career move over to Suffolk County Council has gone for a burton. While she’s been hiding away, she’s been learning to play darts, just so she can pin a photo of Harris to her board.
It would be a stupid move. You can't be a contractor (whether as sole trader or ltd company) with your employer
---
Aup I think Councillor McGurran just gave us a shout out. Said there's lots of things he can't legally comment on, but if people were to Google about this, they would find a wealth of information (some accurate, some inaccurate) from other sources about the things he's not allowed to talk about 👀
---
Omg Tory councillor recommended everybody go and look at Essex is United as the "content is extraordinary!!!" (Unironic)

Don't tell them to do that Bentley

Simon, you're gonna have to pay for some more post boosts
---
One councillor pointed out that it wasn't a particularly radical approach and seemed to be "a crude system of updating template graphics that anybody can do on Canva and spamming them to as many groups as possible" 👀

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.