Simon Harris #5 Mr Harris, who was a popular figure on the internet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All he ever wanted was to be internet famous, even 15 years ago. Unfunny and now completely fucked. Good .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
All he ever wanted was to be internet famous, even 15 years ago. Unfunny and now completely fucked. Good .
Definitely famous now. I hope this becomes the boring cautionary tale that is used in training sessions on financial accountability and due diligence in public sector tendering so that Simon and his Coco Cola t shirt can be seen in online training sessions for evermore

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Do we think he is still reading here? He was excited when he got his own thread. We are only on #5 and he seems to be hiding.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I bet he’s fewmin’ that this all hit just as he managed to shed some weight. Now he can’t monetise his weight loss journey and lecture people about how they too can shed pounds if they just go on Ozempic stop eating crisps.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Keep being really tickled imagining if Carole Baskin has a press person and how confused they must be seeing these BBC Essex and other Essex news articles pop up

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I bet he’s fewmin’ that this all hit just as he managed to shed some weight. Now he can’t monetise his weight loss journey and lecture people about how they too can shed pounds if they just go on Ozempic stop eating crisps.

I'd be very surprised if he hasn't put a load of it back on through stress.

Reactions: 5
I'd be very surprised if he hasn't put a load of it back on through stress.
Yes I think so too. No adoring public cheering on his weight loss photos so he'll have been back on the gawage snacks.
Silly sod. Easy money from the council thing but he couldn't just appreciate that and have a nice life. He had to keep pushing with his showing off and pointless fundwaisers. I guess grifters like him and Monroe think once they've taken the public for fools they can keep on doing it. And call any critics Torwies.

I wonder how much if any goodwill he has left from the idiots who genuinely seemed in awe of him? What must they be thinking of the way he just vanished overnight after being a non stop presence for years?

Reactions: 10
Definitely famous now. I hope this becomes the boring cautionary tale that is used in training sessions on financial accountability and due diligence in public sector tendering so that Simon and his Coco Cola t shirt can be seen in online training sessions for evermore
Crikey, I hope those training slides come with a trigger warning! No-one should be exposed to that gurning prick without a fair moment to compose and prepare themselves! 🤢🤢

Reactions: 4
I wonder how much if any goodwill he has left from the idiots who genuinely seemed in awe of him? What must they be thinking of the way he just vanished overnight after being a non stop presence for years?
Support has certainly dwindled but there are a few hardcore morons floating around. I still see some people writing, “wHaT diD siMoN dO wRoNg? tHe cOuNciL cHoSE tO pAy hiM tHaTtt!”

It is of course acceptable to rip off tax payers providing you say the right things about Brexit and the evil tories.

Couple of irritating things from yesterday.
1) They keep hiding behind the great shield that is Covid. Even the BBC class it as a Coronavirus story. They’re still paying Simon now, for duck sake. And what does Covid have to do with the whole suite of stupid ‘Essex is Green’, ‘Essex is Ageing Well’, ‘Essex is Non Binary’ etc etc etc pages?

2) I’m still seeing people say the content is good!! Blows my mind 🤯. That councillor yesterday; “It does wonderful things for our county.” Get in the bleeping sea. Bloody Jon Morter was in the YouTube comments saying the sums of money paid just detract from all the good work done by the pages. What good work? There’s a very good reason most of the posts don’t even garner a single like. It’s because it’s utter shite. All of it.

Bloody Jon Morter was in the YouTube comments saying the sums of money paid just detract from all the good work done by the pages. What good work? There’s a very good reason most of the posts don’t even garner a single like. It’s because it’s utter shite. All of it.
Jon Morter is still utterly convinced that his “let’s just spam Facebook groups” idea is fundamentally sound. He can’t see that it’s just a single (and very simple) strand that should have been part of a much wider comms and engagement strategy. It’s not novel, Jon. Facebook has been around for years now. There was no thought at all about targeting audiences who were least likely to engage with government and council messaging and follow Covid restrictions and advice. The 19 year olds who were breaking lockdown to hold house parties and meet up in the countryside to take NO2 weren’t going to be members of Coggeshall Buys and Sells. It’s not like getting Rage Against The Machine to number one in 2009. The digital landscape has changed immeasurably in 14 years. Instagram, SnapChat, Spotify, smart speakers, DAB radio, social media and Google ads and video content have all made it possible to be super targeted and nimble in both channel and messaging. Jon still thinks everyone just lives on Facebook and that the same crappy Canva graphic will instantly hit every demographic. It wasn’t an inclusive approach, but an exclusionary one.

And the councillors saying that the content was good and they saw it all the time. You’re a middle class white male who actively engages with the council. If the messaging is repeatedly hitting Covid compliant white middle class people, it has failed. The messaging that works is the messaging that a councillor would never bloody see.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Jon Morter is still utterly convinced that his “let’s just spam Facebook groups” idea is fundamentally sound. He can’t see that it’s just a single (and very simple) strand that should have been part of a much wider comms and engagement strategy. It’s not novel, Jon. Facebook has been around for years now. There was no thought at all about targeting audiences who were least likely to engage with government and council messaging and follow Covid restrictions and advice. The 19 year olds who were breaking lockdown to hold house parties and meet up in the countryside to take NO2 weren’t going to be members of Coggeshall Buys and Sells. It’s not like getting Rage Against The Machine to number one in 2009. The digital landscape has changed immeasurably in 14 years. Instagram, SnapChat, Spotify, smart speakers, DAB radio, social media and Google ads and video content have all made it possible to be super targeted and nimble in both channel and messaging. Jon still thinks everyone just lives on Facebook and that the same crappy Canva graphic will instantly hit every demographic. It wasn’t an inclusive approach, but an exclusionary one.

And the councillors saying that the content was good and they saw it all the time. You’re a middle class white male who actively engages with the council. If the messaging is repeatedly hitting Covid compliant white middle class people, it has failed. The messaging that works is the messaging that a councillor would never bloody see.
The money should have gone to community voluntary services for distribution, they work with the NHS and other organisations like the youth services, part of their remit is social media and they’d have targeted the money where it needed to go.

Much of my beef is in how badly this has been managed by ECC, but wasting tax payers money seems fair game. In Basildon they spent £600k issuing waste bags for cardboard and cans/plastic with a flyer inside saying the sacks had been weighted to prevent them blowing away, Any sensible person coukd have to;d them that the sacks were never going to work and they needed to issue coloured bins.

The system has been in place since November and within two months the council has realised that the sacks were a huge mistake and they will have to issue coloured bins instead. No timescale for this as yet. Cue furious back-pedalling and barrel scraping as each person blames other people for the fiasco and the main person says he thought the sacks were vetoed in favour of bins but
someone somewhere changed the decision.

Upshot is they have wasted £600k on a waste system which isn’t fit for purpose and will now have to spend extra on replacing the whole thing. You couldn’t make it up.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
I think the lesson that all councils should take away from this and other debacles (as with the Basildon bins) is that while expertise is great, common sense is priceless.

Reactions: 9
20240215_120130.jpg

This has popped up, completely not related to any of the goings on, on Twitter, but I am truly baffled how the person who thought it appropriate to publish that managed to land all the contracts he did (if it's legit, obviously I can't check, but why anybody would fake it?)

• Wow
Reactions: 14
View attachment 2758930
This has popped up, completely not related to any of the goings on, on Twitter, but I am truly baffled how the person who thought it appropriate to publish that managed to land all the contracts he did (if it's legit, obviously I can't check, but why anybody would fake it?)
I see this every year and I’m sure it’s fake

Reactions: 1
I see this every year and I’m sure it’s fake
I don't think it is cos just found his U Ok Hun? Page sharing it, although the click through no longer works as he killed SNN

Screenshot_2024-02-15-12-36-16-01_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

I mean ofc the story is fake cos it was a fake news site, but it disturbs me more that he plucked that out of his head and wrote it down cos it's weird and gross

I don't think it is cos just found his U Ok Hun? Page sharing it, although the click through no longer works as ofc he killed SSN

View attachment 2759000

I mean ofc the story is fake cos it was a fake news site, but it disturbs me more that he plucked that out of his head and wrote it down cos it's gross
Yeh I meant the story is fake sorry! I know what the duck, why would that even come into your head?!🤢

Reactions: 4
I remember thinking 'what kind of insufferable loser runs that site?' when the SNN posts started popping up years ago. Well, now I know.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.