Simon Harris #5 Mr Harris, who was a popular figure on the internet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most of the comments are just variants on "that won't last"

Why is someone from Timbuktu commenting?!

Reactions: 3
Imagine being so dense you are wasting the money you are going to be legally investigated for on facebook bots to try and smooth things over.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
He's lost the contract too, so not sure why he's bothering.
this is the Suffolk one, with Socialkind (sorry, Social Kindness), so they're probably desperately trying to keep their claws in that contract even though the councillors have started questioning it

Reactions: 6
Actually ... of course it's that. The EADT articles have implied that impressions are a hokum measurement and quoted an independent social media expert that said they were paying through the nose for the engagement it was getting

1707673941707.png

Quick, Simon! Drive up the engagement! Make it seem they're getting their money's worth! I'm booked to go to Menorca in July with the Divorce Course Lady!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
North of 1000 likes now and another 200 comments have been made on Potholemania. He put up a post 45 minutes ago about wedding photography that currently has no likes, no comments and no shares. I wonder if that's about to explode?

Reactions: 6
this is the Suffolk one, with Socialkind (sorry, Social Kindness), so they're probably desperately trying to keep their claws in that contract even though the councillors have started questioning it
Worth pointing out that you were correct the first time with this. The contract for Together for Suffolk is with Socialkind. This is the one that Kirsty signed on behalf of Socialkind when they were already dissolved on companies house. There’s no evidence that the deal was ever handed over to Social Kindness. If it was, an entirely new contract should’ve been drafted up and signed, and that would presumably have been released by SCC when responding to the FOI request.

This is why the release of Social Kindness accounts will be so interesting (due in less than 2 weeks). Either this £95k extension doesn’t get included in their income, which means they never paid a penny tax on it, or they’ll account for it but it’ll be income that was paid to an entirely separate legal entity. Which is a total bleeping mess.
---
Oh and p.s. yeah, Simon’s spunked money on a bot farm again. He must think everyone else is thick as tit. He used to do this occasionally with SNN posts when the clicks he was already generating weren’t enough to satisfy his cravings.

The number of likes on his various posts used to go something like, 236…179….112…302…64,366…212…149 and so on and so on…

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't know what's funnier

a) Paid for comments and likes to drive up engagement so you can keep your council contract

or

b) It's gone viral organically ... just everybody's slagging off the council that you made a positive post about (and who is paying you to make the post)
---
"Right Suffolk CC, the bad news is, people all over the world think your Dragon Patcher is shite. But the good news is, we got nearly 2000 comments on our post, that'll be £35,000"

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Pothole watch - we are now on 1300 likes and 2300 comments. While the most recent post he's saving money on is ignored.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Wow. Who knew that pothole maintenance in Suffolk was such a hot worldwide topic?

I saw some bloke called Paul from Beccles commented "bodge it and run" and this one post has 268 likes. How or why would such a bland comment attract so many likes?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Wow. Who knew that pothole maintenance in Suffolk was such a hot worldwide topic?

I saw some bloke called Paul from Beccles commented "bodge it and run" and this one post has 268 likes. How or why would such a bland comment attract so many likes?
My favourite comment seen so far is a bloke from Oxfordshire raging that Oxfordshire County Council have spent taxpayers money on this hunk of shite

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I'll tell you what I find interesting in all of this?

If Essex County Council are, as I think the opposition motion asks to happen, to investigate the claims made and bring in a social expert then they should be asked, how did that page gain so many followers in such a short space of time, but the same thing was not achieved in Suffolk?

Even though it is known that ECC believe that they do not "own" the pages, they were used as a vehicle through which ECC messaging could be fed - this was one of the key aspects of the way in which O'Callaghan gained reputation/traction in ECC. I am sure there are means in facebook whereby you can invite existing contacts to be your friend by, for example, syncing it with your gmail account or similar? If that's the case, it's not impossible to imagine O'Callaghan and DBM (Dad Behaving Monely) sitting on a ton of email addresses acquired, when everyone's GDPR guard was down by Essex County Council for the purposes of mobilising volunteers. I'd be asking, insisting even, for back end admin access to the site in order to look at all of the main events; from when the account was opened to present day.

Of course, none of this is likely to happen becuase if there's one thing the politicians have now realised, is the more you dig, the more you find and they will want to limit the scope of investigations. But all in all, there are a lot of questions a genuine social media expert would be able to get to the bottom of. DBM is not a social media expert, he just learned a few hacks and tricks, that drove traffic.

Reactions: 9
So the pothole thing seems to be winding down now and it managed just under 2000 likes and just under 3100 comments. While the post made after it genuinely has 0 likes, 0 comments, 0 shares after 16 hours. That simply wouldn't happen naturally.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Oooh the meeting's tomorrow! Agenda's up - it's Item 9 (I think, there was going to be a statement iirc) 10.

"In the interests of improving access to the Council’s meetings, most meetings will be livestreamed on the ECC Democracy - YouTube Channel. Recordings of the meetings once they have finished are also available on the Channel."

They've livestreamed all their other recent Full Council meetings 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 8
1707751802814.png

1707751817321.png

I mean ffs you could throw a local reference in outside of adding 'in Suffolk' to the final paragraph

• Haha
  • Wow
The likes and shares continue to flood in for the pothole.

Simon - I know you are reading - it looks really suspicious when the several posts you've made since have zero engagement. Just saying.

And those Essex and Suffolk Asda posts? For the money he was paid that is staggering levels of laziness.

View attachment 2752147

View attachment 2752149

I mean ffs you could throw a local reference in outside of adding 'in Suffolk' to the final paragraph
Having worked for many LAs, it never shocks me when they end up in bankruptcy because they are always bleeping money up the wall on shite like this and giving tenders to con artists without either checking their credentials or their work when they get there. I worked for one LA that put a recruitment freeze on whilst shitting out hundreds and thousands on agency, it’s insane.

It’s once again the absolute arrogance of this man to behave like this on a public platform and think that it’s not eventually going to all come undone.

I was also thinking about his excuse, sorry reason, for deactivating and again, it’s all ego without any plausibility. Who is sending death threats to him? Yes he is a Bellend but not to that level. He really does seem to think he is that important.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.