Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need to unfollow her. She’s making me really cross with all these unnecessary accidental exposures

Reactions: 8
What does this woman do for a job? Oh yeah, she’s a Midwife! Why oh why is she still breastfeeding?
And the rodent infested sofa! Some unsuspecting person thinking they’re getting a love sofa for free not realising it’s saturated in mouse pizz and shiz! Lovely.

Reactions: 6
I can imagine it is actually quite hard to not slip up, especially an ingredient like dairy as its in places you wouldn't expect.... like donuts. But after the first time I'd have moved to formula for sure. Newborns are haaaard. Being a new mum is haaaard. Just stop being a martyr and give the baby the bottle and get on with the next thing.

Reactions: 12
Mice are incontinent! That sofa is full of mouse piss.

I totally understand her feelings around breastfeeding and doing what she feels is best for the baby long-term, and I get her reluctance to give up after the difficulties of the first few months, but her slip ups are seemingly so very dangerous for him, I don’t think I’d risk it again.

• Heart
I can imagine it is actually quite hard to not slip up, especially an ingredient like dairy as its in places you wouldn't expect.... like donuts. But after the first time I'd have moved to formula for sure. Newborns are haaaard. Being a new mum is haaaard. Just stop being a martyr and give the baby the bottle and get on with the next thing.
Milk and milk proteins are in a lot of factory made food items that you wouldn’t expect them to be in. She should’ve been warned about that by whoever is managing D’s allergy (presumably the GP at this stage).

Given her prickly message about BF being ‘best for babies with allergies’ following a DM asking her why she is insisting on doing it given the continued problems, you’d think she’s done some reading and might’ve read it along the way. The reply would suggest she’s done some background reading anyway as BF *is* generally better for allergy prone babies in that it can help reduce further allergies developing BUT as she said that relies heavily on mums being strict with their own exposure. Otherwise, it isn’t actually better and when it goes awry it causes multiple harms. It harms mum’s mental health and the relationship between mum and baby (mum feels like tit for hurting baby and massively guilty for ‘failing’ and ‘not being good enough’). On the physical end for the baby, it exposes them to agents it is known to be allergic to (not just potential sensitivity risks), causing pain, distress and increased risk of severe reactions.

Watch your own story Jodie. It’s only better if you are able to stick to the rules and not slip up. Milk and milk derivatives are in a lot of mass produced foods. You need to check everything that passes your lips for as long as you are feeding him. It’s not easy or fun but there is an alternative if you can’t manage it and it would appear that you are struggling as there have been quite a few ‘slip ups’, where your baby has been in gastrointestinal distress due to unintentional ingestion of dairy. You’ve got a choice to make; get serious about cutting dairy and milk derivatives out, or give up breastfeeding. Both are fine but it is unfair on you son to try and do this half-way house.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
9850F77B-987C-4D98-9F18-10DE9D93ADD5.png

I’m disgusted by this.. Accidents happen but not when your baby reacts like this.
Maybe it’s easy for me because I haven’t had dairy for about 10 years but it takes a nano second to double check it’s doesn’t contain milk.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Milk and milk proteins are in a lot of factory made food items that you wouldn’t expect them to be in. She should’ve been warned about that by whoever is managing D’s allergy (presumably the GP at this stage).

Given her prickly message about BF being ‘best for babies with allergies’ following a DM asking her why she is insisting on doing it given the continued problems, you’d think she’s done some reading and might’ve read it along the way. The reply would suggest she’s done some background reading anyway as BF *is* generally better for allergy prone babies in that it can help reduce further allergies developing BUT as she said that relies heavily on mums being strict with their own exposure. Otherwise, it isn’t actually better and when it goes awry it causes multiple harms. It harms mum’s mental health and the relationship between mum and baby (mum feels like tit for hurting baby and massively guilty for ‘failing’ and ‘not being good enough’). On the physical end for the baby, it exposes them to agents it is known to be allergic to (not just potential sensitivity risks), causing pain, distress and increased risk of severe reactions.

Watch your own story Jodie. It’s only better if you are able to stick to the rules and not slip up. Milk and milk derivatives are in a lot of mass produced foods. You need to check everything that passes your lips for as long as you are feeding him. It’s not easy or fun but there is an alternative if you can’t manage it and it would appear that you are struggling as there have been quite a few ‘slip ups’, where your baby has been in gastrointestinal distress due to unintentional ingestion of dairy. You’ve got a choice to make; get serious about cutting dairy and milk derivatives out, or give up breastfeeding. Both are fine but it is unfair on you son to try and do this half-way house.
This is absolutely spot on! Jody you read here, we know you do. Please take this advice and make a decision that is best for both you and your baby as right now you're both suffering.

Reactions: 7
So many of my Mum friends have had diary intolerant babies and have gone through the milk ladder, and they literally read every ingredient on the packet before they put in their mouths. It became second nature to them pretty quickly.

I feel like it’s so obvious a doughnut is going to have diary in it when baked goods have eggs, butter and milk in it as primary ingredients.

I don’t think it was a ‘slip up’, I think she was testing the waters and it backfired on her spectacularly.

She’s selling the sofa because it was infested with mice, not due to breastfeeding. What a load of rubbish! Most normal people who have a sofa like that would use a breastfeeding pillow and prop a cushion behind their back for support, not spend out on a new sofa! How long is she planning on breastfeeding for anyway that would warrant a sofa change for that reason, 20 years?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Oh gosh someone is collecting the sofa! 🐁
Honestly blows my mind that she’s giving it away knowing full well mice have lived, peed and pooped in it. How can she do that in good conscience! I’d feel awful, I’d have to send to the tip!

Honestly blows my mind that she’s giving it away knowing full well mice have lived, peed and pooped in it. How can she do that in good conscience! I’d feel awful, I’d have to send to the tip!

Honestly this woman never seizes to amaze me! I’m hoping that she has been honest with the woman having the sofa. She literally put it all over her Instagram about a family of mice living in the sofa! It needed to go to the local tip!!

Reactions: 3
I hope they know too.. it only takes a day away from Instagram to miss those sorts of posts talking about it so they may have no idea.

Reactions: 2
She is aware that dairy stays in the system for 6 weeks right? I mean surely a midwife knows that! But oh no can't be dairy causing him pain 🙄

• Sad
Jodi doing an #ad for migraine relief - pity she isnt doing one for reminders not to eat dairy

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.