Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, I’m baffled by this. Did she say this sleep consultant encouraged her to… get the baby into a routine?

I don’t have children, but I am a human who also needs to sleep, so, I imagine like all other people in the world, have worked out that a routine of sorts helps me to do that. Same with my dog.

Did she pay someone to tell her this??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
A routine. Is she actually for real. I assumed that she had tried to establish a routine and he wasn't having it. No wonder the child won't sleep he has no idea what he's supposed to be doing or what to expect!
Also, I know we only see seconds of her day 😶 but he looked perfectly chill on the sofa and in his jumpy thing. Someone said earlier in the thread out him down and potter about talking to him and let him watch you.
Sleep consultant is hilarious. Babies aren't supposed to self soothe you are their soothe but once you have them in a routine they know what to expect.
I'm all for reading to your baby but it would better to read to him on the sofa then put him to bed to sleep rather than hanging out in his room stimulating him.
Gotta say though he is super cute 😍

Reactions: 4
Money for old rope. People will pay for anything if it means they don’t have to put in the work themselves. An hour or two’s research before the baby was born instead of fannying around with reuseable nappies, would have given her a bit of an insight. It seems she was wildly unprepared for the reality of a baby.

She could have asked literally any parent what the biggest challenges of having a newborn were and I guarantee most would have said sleep.

Reactions: 8
Do we think she paid for the sleep consultation? I don't. I think she's a freebie in the hope of future referrals!

Reactions: 5
honestly I’m so glad I unfollowed her. She’s unbearable! I’m not the most positive person in the world I’m the first to admit but she’s a other level… has she ever been happy about anything?

Reactions: 5
Did you notice in her stories as well there is a McDonald's drink. I have the occasional one but I can imagine she is constantly ordering takeaway which won't help her.

Reactions: 2
Did you notice in her stories as well there is a McDonald's drink. I have the occasional one but I can imagine she is constantly ordering takeaway which won't help her.
It was probably a milkshake. Jodie didn't understand they contain dairy.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
On the one hand I do have sympathy for her because I’m a mother of a slightly older baby who has always seemed to hate sleep 😭 we are lucky to get a two hour stretch and it is absolutely physically and mentally exhausting. So I totally relate to how hard she’s finding it. I have had people recommending “sleep consultants” to me (paying someone that much money to tell me basically what my health visitor or family/friends have already told me = no thanks 🙃), and all the advice thrown my way…. I stop people in their tracks and say if any of this advice involves the words “drowsy but awake” or “don’t pick the baby up when he’s crying” no offence but I won’t be following it 🙈 I know it works for others but I just know from experience that if we put him down anything less than unconscious the whole town will know, and I just can’t bring myself to not pick him up and comfort him when he’s so upset… as exhausting as it is I’d rather carry on as we are and I know EVENTUALLY he’ll grow out of it 😭

anywayyyy…. The point of my post was that although I do have a lot of empathy for her from the lack of sleep point of view, I wouldn’t dream of telling so many strangers on social media! Literally if you’re not my very close family or a friend you wouldn’t know he’s a devil at night, because I wouldn’t dream of putting anything of the sort on social media which he will grow up and likely read about himself in a few years time! I’d be devastated if I’d been a teenager discovering my mam’s rants to the world about what a little nightmare I was and how hard work she found me as a baby

Urghhhh.. I’m glad I unfollowed. I feel drained by just reading about her recent moans 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Jodie I'll give you this for free after looking at the sleep schedule... why is he napping at 4pm?!? Night time sleep won't work unless you sort his daytime naps! By 6 months his daytime awake should be much longer stretches... one good nap in mid morning and one shorter nap mid afternoon. Awake by 4pm if you want him to settle at 7!!

Reactions: 10
Jodie I'll give you this for free after looking at the sleep schedule... why is he napping at 4pm?!? Night time sleep won't work unless you sort his daytime naps! By 6 months his daytime awake should be much longer stretches... one good nap in mid morning and one shorter nap mid afternoon. Awake by 4pm if you want him to settle at 7!!
Definitely this, I've raised 3 boys with huge age gaps and the one consist thing I did was no nap after 4pm for all of them.

Reactions: 1
I just find hilarious she’s getting a better sleep now all thanks to a ‘routine’. It’s as if she’s never heard of the word or knows what it means!

• Haha
I can’t believe she has actually paid someone to tell her to start a bedtime routine?! It’s a natural thing that happens when they get to this age! She’s so lazy thoughs so won’t of bothered to do it herself instead she throws money at the problem 🤦🏼‍♀️
And by the looks of her diary he is still waking most hours? Doesn’t look any different to me to what she shared last week 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She keeps saying that people are ‘highly invested’ in Dusty’s sleep, but I find that really hard to believe as her account is reno orientated. Many of us want the total opposite, no sleep updates, no moaning!

And considering she doesn’t respond to her DM’s, I highly suspect she’s making up the whole ‘highly invested’ sleep fan base she’s apparently got going on!

Reactions: 7
It’s possible that some desperate new mums are hanging off her word regarding the sleep thing but I don’t think she’s the right person to follow for advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.