Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s hilarious that hypocrite Jodie doesn’t like when people privately and respectfully call her out, yet calls out people publicly to 32.2K followers, is mean about it and has no decency to block out their IG handles whilst doing so.

But there is a silver lining in all of this, because either she’s removed the screenshot after reading on here, or reporting the story has worked as it’s now gone completely!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
O god she really is something else. If she isn't doing fake arse ads......(we all know Jodes only washes when she is getting paid to do so 🤢) she is moaning. I completely agree with the person how sent that message. It wasn't even a nasty trolling message, just clearly stated how much moaning she does and that she should be grateful to be a mum.
My best friend is unable to have child and would give her left arm to be in Jodie's position regardless of sleepless nights etc!!!

Love how she also says "I don't spend all day moaning - you get to see like 4minutes of my day. Well Jodie every single time to post those 4minutes of stories you're moaning. So totally contradicted yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I like Jodie but I think she gets stressed about "money" when they don't have money problems, likes so do her hair nicely, seems to spend a lot of time in bed or out at the shops, I think she's going to find motherhood tough as she seems to be in a very clueless first time mum at the moment. I don't think she quite knows what is about to hit her despite being a midwife. I mean in terms of money, rest, free time to do as you please . She's going to find the cost of nursery shocking too!
Remember how much time she used to spend in bed....she had no idea what it would be like to have a newborn and her freedom to do what she likes restricted. She is always holding the baby (with a ridiculous name) and her sleep notes say Terry can't settle him. She needs to grow some balls, put him in the other bedroom and only get up with the baby when he's actually awake and not when he's fidgeting. She doesn't know what she's doing and instead just sticking a dairy tit in him so he sucks for comfort

Reactions: 10
Remember how much time she used to spend in bed....she had no idea what it would be like to have a newborn and her freedom to do what she likes restricted. She is always holding the baby (with a ridiculous name) and her sleep notes say Terry can't settle him. She needs to grow some balls, put him in the other bedroom and only get up with the baby when he's actually awake and not when he's fidgeting. She doesn't know what she's doing and instead just sticking a dairy tit in him so he sucks for comfort
Sleep notes:
Baby won’t settle with dad
Ten mins later
Baby settled with dad

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The screenshot is there. I have never seen a more moaning faced person in my life- the only time she appears happy as a mum is when its faked on the grid for an ad which is a stark reality from how she comes across on stories.

Reactions: 6
The screenshot is there. I have never seen a more moaning faced person in my life- the only time she appears happy as a mum is when its faked on the grid for an ad which is a stark reality from how she comes across on stories.
Oh, maybe because we’ve reported it’s hidden on our profiles then?! Shame, thought some common sense might have prevailed but alas, she’s still a nasty piece of work.

Sleep notes:
Baby won’t settle with dad
Ten mins later
Baby settled with dad
She is expecting instant success. As soon as baby is cot, in arms, in their bed, she wants the baby to instantly fall asleep and stay asleep.

She won’t get that, babies take time to settle. She’s jotting down fidgeting, let the baby fidget. Does she sleep rigid and not roll around when she’s asleep? If she wants to breastfeed, expect the cluster feeding. If she wants sleep, co-sleep. It seems from that list that’s the best he’s slept. He wants her comfort, she wants him far away and asleep all night. Like a dog.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Oh, maybe because we’ve reported it’s hidden on our profiles then?! Shame, thought some common sense might have prevailed but alas, she’s still a nasty piece of work.

She is expecting instant success. As soon as baby is cot, in arms, in their bed, she wants the baby to instantly fall asleep and stay asleep.

She won’t get that, babies take time to settle. She’s jotting down fidgeting, let the baby fidget. Does she sleep rigid and not roll around when she’s asleep? If she wants to breastfeed, expect the cluster feeding. If she wants sleep, co-sleep. It seems from that list that’s the best he’s slept. He wants her comfort, she wants him far away and asleep all night. Like a dog.
I have a ten month old, trust me I know 😂 i didn’t read the notes too much I don’t really care but if he’s that unsettled maybe something else it as hand like dairy flaring reflux (as I know she can’t stay away from it)

Reactions: 1
Even dogs don’t sleep all night. They fidget, get up, change positions, change sleeping spots. She expects that baby to be a little robot, do everything right from the get-go. It must be a knackering way to live for all concerned.

Reactions: 5

This is spot on really. If he's fidgeting or rolling around but not actually crying leave him be. Let him get himself comfortable. If he is disturbing you, or you're disturbing him go and tidy up his bedroom and put him in there. Before Terry goes to work get up have a shower and get dressed and have some proper breakfast (not pasta!) You'll feel miles better for it.

Reactions: 7
There’s no excuse for the state of that bedroom tbh. She’s just a lazy person, there’s nothing else to it. I think being a parent is too much hard work for her. She’s obviously lived a very easy, very lazy life

If she actually got up and did something around the house maybe the baby would learn to be content and settle while she moves around . Maybe it could even stimulate him a little if he's watching her .

I know some babies sleep well from birth but some women forget that its a big thing for a baby, being born and coming into the world. He needs time to adjust and settle into his life bless him.

Realised the bookcase wouldn't cut it anymore 🤣

Now buy a wardrobe to go with the drawers as it only looks a small set

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Realised the bookcase wouldn't cut it anymore 🤣

Now buy a wardrobe to go with the drawers as it only looks a small set
For someone so worried about money/maternity pay, she’s happy to splash the cash at the Cotswold Company?!

The furniture there is gorgeous but it isn’t cheap. Nor is the new sofa and sleep consultant she’s hiring either…

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I had a sleep consultant when I had my son…my mum 😂 She told me not to pick him up/feed him every time he stirred during the night, to not put lights on or talk to him in my daytime voice if I did have to feed and only feed him if he cried or I would struggle to get him off a night feed. I literally used the dimmest night light possible even for nappy changes and did everything in bed. She also was the one who helped me crack why I couldn’t get him into a settled routine which was because I didn’t get up at a consistent time every morning. This was actually a lightbulb moment for me, with my baby brain I hadn’t even considered that this would be key for night time sleep and feed times too. Can’t believe people pay consultants for what is probably just common sense advice

Thread suggestion - Shoestring Renovation #2 From home renovations to constant moaning and spunking money on sleep consultations

If anyone can be arsed making a new thread. I don’t know how

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
For someone so worried about money/maternity pay, she’s happy to splash the cash at the Cotswold Company?!

The furniture there is gorgeous but it isn’t cheap. Nor is the new sofa and sleep consultant she’s hiring either…
That’s the best part of 2 grand. You don’t have money worries Jodie. I get that they needed a sofa, and they save, but you don’t need to spend over £600 on a chest of drawers for a baby. I looked at them myself for my bedroom and decided on M&S for half the price.

Reactions: 4
I had a sleep consultant when I had my son…my mum 😂 She told me not to pick him up/feed him every time he stirred during the night, to not put lights on or talk to him in my daytime voice if I did have to feed and only feed him if he cried or I would struggle to get him off a night feed. I literally used the dimmest night light possible even for nappy changes and did everything in bed. She also was the one who helped me crack why I couldn’t get him into a settled routine which was because I didn’t get up at a consistent time every morning. This was actually a lightbulb moment for me, with my baby brain I hadn’t even considered that this would be key for night time sleep and feed times too. Can’t believe people pay consultants for what is probably just common sense advice

Thread suggestion - Shoestring Renovation #2 From home renovations to constant moaning and spunking money on sleep consultations

If anyone can be arsed making a new thread. I don’t know how
my mum helped me too, as well as google!
I sleep trained both my kids from 7 months, and did not need a ‘sleep consultation’! there was also no leaving either of my babies to cry like she mentioned on a previous story.

then again I wouldn’t have ’allowed’ the ‘doesn’t settle for dad’ she mentioned on he sleep training document. It was important to me that my kids felt a secure attachment to their dad as well as me. Surely every one wants that for their kids?!

• Heart
Surely, no one can escape the irony of a qualified, trained midwife paying for help from a "sleep consultant" for her own child and the upshot of this no doubt very expensive exercise seems to be "get him in a routine".

Well, duck me ragged. Money well spent I'd say.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I swore by the blissful baby expert with my first child. Used the routines again with my second, they are free on her Instagram (but she does do more indepeth services)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.