Shoestring Renovation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But seriously. Do these companies check what the influencers post before gifting them or do they just see follower numbers and send it off.

the mess in the house and the way she's keeping on about not showering or having time to brush her teeth, but face full of slap for the #ad

Reactions: 2
Why is she prepping 2 months early for weaning? Is she gearing herself up for her inevitable failure or something?

She tries to sell herself as some sort of thrifty, organic, earth loving, breast is best, gentle parent-eco warrior, but instead she’s a walking, talking contradiction. Lazy, unhygenic, wasteful with money, out of touch with reality, ungrateful, moany. I could go on…

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Or she’s weaning early? She would be better off using that time to tidy her house and work on her hygiene.

Reactions: 3
Or she’s weaning early? She would be better off using that time to tidy her house and work on her hygiene.
Weaning early or prepping early is another potential midwifery/HCP misfire. CMPA weaning guidelines say weaning is ok between 4-6 months (not before 17wks). She should be v clear with viewers about what she’s doing with weaning and timings and how it relates to specific medical advice she has been given and the guidance as it relates to Dusty’s case. We’ve said time again that there will be new mums watching her stories and following what she does to the letter because she is a midwife, an ‘expert’. Regardless of whether they or their babies have the same needs as J or D. She’s not just a first time mum, bungling her way through as best she can. She’s an influencer and a powerful type, one with professional medical training, people respond to that and she needs to recognise it and use it responsibly.

Reactions: 6
In my opinion, she's only weaning this early to get her tits and her life back. Should have just given him a bleeping bottle like you were advised to on here weeks ago!!!

Reactions: 9
In my opinion, she's only weaning this early to get her tits and her life back. Should have just given him a bleeping bottle like you were advised to on here weeks ago!!!
There was just no need to put herself and more importantly, Dustin, through potential exposure to dairy and other allergens via breastfeeding. The formula, whilst not her feeding method of choice, would have allowed for a happier, more comfortable and settled baby, more sleep for her and if he was still having issues, it would’ve made it more easy for the healthcare team to isolate other potential allergens.

I’m not totally without sympathy, I know how it feels to have your heart set on breastfeeding and then be unable to do it. One of my children had tongue-tie and so couldn’t latch properly, but you have to do what’s best when all is considered.

Reactions: 7
I think she’s clueless about babies and womens well-being beyond the theory of pregnancy and labour. She didn’t realise what they went through during a miscarriage or after giving birth until she went through it herself.

I wouldn’t let her anywhere near me. I wouldn’t fully trust her.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think she’s clueless about babies and womens well-being beyond the theory of pregnancy and labour. She didn’t realise what they went through during a miscarriage or after giving birth until she went through it herself.

I wouldn’t let her anywhere near me. I wouldn’t fully trust her.
Sadly that appears to be true. She truly must’ve scraped through that degree.

Reactions: 4
I still can not believe she is a midwife and used the words "baggy fanny" etc to talk about her prolapse on social media.

Does she not realise how damaging her attitude can be to impressionable first time mums, going through something similar.

If a midwife can use such crass terminology regarding something quite important, then what impression does that give those to embarrassed to ask for help.

• Heart
When I had problems after giving birth I would have been devastated to hear the word baggy fanny from a professional.

• Heart
I still can not believe she is a midwife and used the words "baggy fanny" etc to talk about her prolapse on social media.

Does she not realise how damaging her attitude can be to impressionable first time mums, going through something similar.

If a midwife can use such crass terminology regarding something quite important, then what impression does that give those to embarrassed to ask for help.
I know, I can imagine it would put many women off having a baby the way she’s gone on about her “fanny” 🤮 being ruined

Reactions: 4
It really isn't that hard to avoid eating dairy, if she can't check ingredients then just give your damn baby formula. But it's okay she's redeemed herself by giving away her mice infested sofa for free...go Jodie!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It really isn't that hard to avoid eating dairy, if she can't check ingredients then just give your damn baby formula. But it's okay she's redeemed herself by giving away her mice infested sofa for free...go Jodie!
Was literally about to say this! These slip ups happen way too often, in such a short space of time. She can’t be bothered to read the doughnut packet, she has said previously she thought she could get away with it (I think that was when she had afternoon tea?). She needs to get over this formula phobia!!!!!

Is she giving away a sofa that she previously said had mice in it?????
She better not list it as ‘from a pet free home’ 😂

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.