Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
How can a midwife have so little idea about babies and the post partum period? It is genuinely baffling. I know mw’s primarily care for women but babies and the postpartum period are a part of the training and experience too. It’s so weird

Reactions: 13

candyland_

VIP Member
The only person pressuring her is herself. Where’s Terry when she’s claiming to be awake 24/7 because I can’t imagine for a second he’s the type of man not to step in and try to help while she sleeps.

I’m sure as hell he will walk through the door after work and take him from bed straight away or pull his weight around the house.

Then she has a day where she’s all glammed up on insta and it’s a different story 🤷🏼‍♀️

teabob

I had a sleep consultant when I had my son…my mum 😂 She told me not to pick him up/feed him every time he stirred during the night, to not put lights on or talk to him in my daytime voice if I did have to feed and only feed him if he cried or I would struggle to get him off a night feed. I literally used the dimmest night light possible even for nappy changes and did everything in bed. She also was the one who helped me crack why I couldn’t get him into a settled routine which was because I didn’t get up at a consistent time every morning. This was actually a lightbulb moment for me, with my baby brain I hadn’t even considered that this would be key for night time sleep and feed times too. Can’t believe people pay consultants for what is probably just common sense advice

Thread suggestion - Shoestring Renovation #2 From home renovations to constant moaning and spunking money on sleep consultations

If anyone can be arsed making a new thread. I don’t know how

Last edited:
  • Haha
She has a long way to go if its taken her 5 weeks to get the confidence to put him in a bouncer to dry her hair.

I'm not mum shaming I know it's hard to separate in different ways but I'm soooo confused that Terry seems to be there when this is going on? I hope when she was videoing him playing with Dusty she then got up to make a cuppa or something and left them alone for 2 minutes.

It's all so conflicting. Couldn't put him in the bouncer but can pop him on the arm chair with his Dad. Is Terry allowed to be alone with him or is she stressing about that too ?

I'm just confused and maybe have it all wrong.

Bibbydebob

Wouldn’t AD’s be technically classed as working/income which I didn’t think you’d be allowed to do when on maternity pay, especially NHS?

• Heart

Rosebloom

Been reading this thread for a while now whilst I’ve started to switch off to Jodie’s constant moaning of being a new mum. I have a 7 month old, other half works 40+ hours a week in a different city so I feel like I can still remember those early days. Yes they’re fucking hard but give it a rest. She put a story out to ask advice about formula / breast feeding and although she admitted she knew formula/ combi feeding would be best, she wasn’t going to go ahead to do it just yet. Fine, but why post about it? Who actually cares how you feed your baby. I can’t get over the fact she’s a midwife - I don’t think she would know much about the care of a baby once it’s passed to health visitor granted but midwife’s are all for caring for mum - take your own advice, or don’t, who cares just don’t ramble on about it. Showering, shitting, eating is hard with a newborn and it doesn’t get better as I now know with a crawling 7 month old that I have to strap to something to do one of the above whilst she screams, but I have to do it, to be the better me, for my baby. If she feels like this but has a close support network around her then god forbid if that wasn’t the case.
Also Jodie love, “glamorous mums do this” - who are you referring to?Becoming a mum swallows you and spits you back out before you realise you’re a different person physically and mentally and if you’re somebody who’s watching these influencers act like fuck all has happened then more fool you.
Also rather than Terry taking a photo of you and your baby in the bath shitting maybe he can just occupy the baby for a short time so you can have that relaxing bath.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

candyland_

VIP Member
Fuck them mums.. What a horrible thing to say and as a midwife too!!

Their kids are probably 3+ and can enjoy the things they do on a weekend, maybe they have to save hard to do one fun activity a month.

I unfollowed her. She hardly captioned her stories so never had a clue what she was on about but surely the clothes could be dumped in the cot which would be easier to get clothes out of again too! We’re all pushed for time but no need to be gross for the sake of it.

xits_jjx

VIP Member
I followed her for the conception content tbh because I’m not interested in her house and was going through my own fertility issues, and I was genuinely very pleased for her that she got pregnant! But since she’s had Dust I just don’t think she thought anything through. I feel like motherhood has hit her like a ton of bricks and the reality of it all has been quite shocking despite her career choice.

The amount of moaning about parenting, life and everything else has turned me off her page a bit. It genuinely depresses me when these influencers become woe-is-me champions. I hate it with a passion actually. If they do it for relatability - it’s not relatable it’s just a bring me down. If they do it cause they mean it? Seek help.

Jodie is no exception to the above.

also this grey hair thing is ridiculous. Just colour your roots a colour as dark as your hair and move on.

Emsie

VIP Member
I think she's very honest and she doesn't do as many ads as some. I think she's honest when she's feeling shit as well. I've found her debt advice really interesting too especially the way she budgets (£1 a day into a savings account etc) and she inspired me. I also like the way her renovation has been done organically rather than paying builders and her fella is so hands on some of her tips have been fab. Then she kept her debt talk to a minimum during the first major lockdown and wasn't put shopping like the rest of them. I really like her.
Although she has far too many sofas in that living room 😂

Alison10011

I like Jodie, I find her refreshing and love her attitude to Insta. Her ads are clearly marked (unlike others) which is refreshing.

Quiet Observer

Ad after ad after ad. She’s changed. She’s so fake now that I just can’t follow along any longer. Another baby being raised online by “influencers”. Is she saving all the money she’s making from Dusty too? He has not consented to any of this. Fancy when he’s at secondary school and he’s being picked on for having a mum rant about her anal fissures on a public platform!

• Haha
  • Heart

Curlygirld

I really like Jodie, I’ve never had any issue with her ads (although I do disapprove of ads like her aldi one, where the wording insinuates they’ve paid for the product when clearly they haven’t), and I was delighted for her winning the wedding dress.

However, what I do have an issue with is people who tarnish this whole site by saying all we do is say the most horrific things. Most of us do not in fact say derogatory or untrue things (I know I’ve called out users who say things that are cruel and add nothing to a discussion, and I’ve also seen others do it), we are allowed an opinion on things you put in a public forum and the reason tattle exists is because if you ever question an instagrammer on their own page, a mob of their loyal fans descends on you and they are often vicious and out for blood. Ironic, no? But that is often ok by the instagrammer, I question their morals when they are fine with their fans doing the very thing they condemn.

There’s also a huge number of threads that don’t discuss any influencers, bloggers, vloggers, etc and they are a lifesaver to read and connect with other people during lockdown.

I will never understand why you do what you do, I have zero interest in sharing my life online for the judgement of others (positive or negative), but you are benefitting from doing so with ads and free items, so I’d implore you to decide whether the trade off is worth it.

• Heart

Eilis117

I do like Jodie most of the time but JEZ! I'm newly expecting and newly self-employed and just hoping I can get maternity allowance (been saving like mad in case I don't). They have £9k of savings, she will have NHS maternity pay, and his full salary (I think she said he makes more than her). Sounds like she just has anxiety about money/spending rather than being 'shoestring'... not relatable at all

I think she obsesses so much as shes an emotional shopper so probably concerned she splash it all immediately and get herself in debt again. I sympathise with her on that but she could be more self aware that many many people have lost their jobs, income streams etc over the last 2 years. She’s got a position she loves, sensible hours, money in the bank, a partner working, other income streams including getting her partner to make furniture etc etc etc. Hopefully she can see she’s actually in a very privileged position and that her £700 spare money is more than some people earn in a month.

Abi da Walker

Baby wearing a £60 outfit and Mum wearing a £90 dress. And she’s moaning about money worries!
Oh hang on, she didn’t pay for them did she … she got paid to advertise them and got them for free.