Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Socialmediabite

VIP Member
I definitely think the Gfm needs to be regulated .
But Shannen hadn’t legally done Anything wrong , I think she has been made a scape goat and i find the witch-hunt on here abit uncomfortable tbh . She has been through an awful lot wounds heal but words don’t .
I do hope something good comes out of all this and they will be some regulations around gfm in the future . I havnt followed her since she got the all clear and tbh without cancer she isn’t that interesting . I don’t think it was right keeping all that money either but I do hope she is ok .
Witch hunt 🙄🙄🙄

Wounds heal but words don't... The only bad words against a person were hers to Missey.

By the way we all hope she will be 'Ok' no one wishes any harm towards her. What was wanted was an apology to Missey and the truth about the GFM. Her insta career is in ruins over her own words and actions no one here's.

Reactions: 20

Jellybb

VIP Member
In
Ro sheeeeen = Cork pronunciation
Raaw sheen = Donegal pronunciation
Rosheen = everywhere else
no offence to anyone with that name, but if I was called roisin I would be changing it by deed poll. Desperate name

• Haha
Reactions: 20

brandambassador

VIP Member
My theory:
Bloods were already done (if not biopsy too) locally or with GP & nothing showed up.
The visit to dublin was to have a look and confirm like bloods/biopsy that there was no concern.
There isn’t a hope that a lump, no matter how small, would be ignored from someone who had cancer 3 times and all times it started with lumps.
She knew telling us the night before this was all ok.
The tears were for drama and attention, maybe even late late show appearance or an online rag interview.
She knows for sure it’s nothing but wants to drag this out not for maximums content.
I found a breast lump in Jan, had it checked in March due to family history but it was nothing. I can tell you I did not worry any additional people only my husband about it. Didn’t even tell work or my sisters/friends or my Mam.
Shannon doesn’t know how to be Shannon without cancer as she thrives off of being sick and the attention

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Missymeister

Jemhow has already raised hundreds of thousands for treatment. This is a prime example of an holistic centre conjuring up additional treatments & taking advantage of a terminal patient. Although people are also questioning how Jemhow has been spending all of her donations.

Back to Shannen. The money is gone. Or more likely she has sequestered the remains for future use. If she had a shred of conscience, she would have covered her expenditures and then donated the remainder. As many, many others before me have said... People just get plain greedy. Why donate or reallocate or *gasp* use your own money when you have other peoples €€€ in the bank to rely on. Especially when you can also gain a following on social media for your efforts and subsequently get even more freebies/income.

Another thread referred to making cancer a career... Sadly in this era of social media, that seems to be a common occupation
The whole making cancer a career is utterly disgusting. Shannen is one of many unfortunately. Georgie Crawford has also grown her podcast and now wellness business from her cancer diagnosis. Yes it’s terrible that she got cancer so young but for the love of God every single person she has on her podcast she chimes on about the time she had cancer……maybe I’m sounding like a bitter cranky bitch and please feel free to correct me but it just irritates me. Possibly more at this ungodly hour when I can’t sleep because I am in so much pain and discomfort after my treatments yesterday. I’m feeling so shitty and so emotional 😔

• Sad

Missymeister

I've said it weeks ago, predicted it!

The Social Media breakdown. Closes account. Takes time out for her mental health/focus on her family and wellbeing.
She'll do this for 6-8 weeks.

She'll be back. A new and improved Shannen. She'll say she went for counseling due to the "trolling" backlash and reevaluated her life & priorities. It wouldn't surprise me if she'll have teamed up with some charity in the meantime to "give back".
She'll make some abstract, bullshit comment about the GoFundMe and the money - to "address" it. All the lick arse media outlets RSVP, her.ie etc. will praise her strength and she'll be back posting about her crunchy nut cornflakes whilst maintaining her butter wouldn't melt, sweety pie, doe-eyed Cork girl act.

Mark my words!

Initially I emailed RTE re: the whole GoFundMe thing. The lack of accountability. The untraceability factor. The fact that practically anybody can make up a story and have unlimited funds donated by kind-hearted people.
I was contacted by a researcher and had an hour long chat.
Used our Cork girl as an example. Researcher got back in touch to say it's something they're looking into however, lots of red tape but definitely something they are pursuing.
It's something I'm incredibly passionate about. Especially in these times, when people are struggling so terribly - you have others that relish in the selfishness. I'm not letting this go!

Don't want to say anyone as I know Miss J is watching intently.
I would be fully prepared to speak about her vile messages to me and what she said to Tea spill about me. I think it’s something I need to do

Me too! I’ve been thinking about her ❤
I’m ok thanks so much. I had a tough couple of weeks emotionally. I’m starting a new 12 week course of treatment in the morning so that’s been hanging over me 😔. I just took a break from social media for a while to focus on myself 💕💕

I definitely think the Gfm needs to be regulated .
But Shannen hadn’t legally done Anything wrong , I think she has been made a scape goat and i find the witch-hunt on here abit uncomfortable tbh . She has been through an awful lot wounds heal but words don’t .
I do hope something good comes out of all this and they will be some regulations around gfm in the future . I havnt followed her since she got the all clear and tbh without cancer she isn’t that interesting . I don’t think it was right keeping all that money either but I do hope she is ok .
Wow……’Scape goat……Witch Hunt’ I found her vile messages to me and the way she slandered my name to Tea Spill more than a bit uncomfortable @Summertime83.
And I still do

Last edited:
  • Heart

itsnotmeitsyouok

VIP Member
Ahhhh Jesus Christ giving the peace sign on a nebuliser! I’ve seen it all now. Imagine loving attention that much that you put up a Im cool guys sign as you are getting steroids to help
You breathe. She is deffo a few years behind in maturity! Not a notion in her stupid selfish head.

winterblu

VIP Member
She’s is an absolute tool . Pretending she doesn’t know if her car takes petrol or Diesel . How is a cancer survivor so unlikeable.

Talcadidas

Chatty Member
I’ve been watching (as in, not actively following but occasionally taking a look) Shannen for about a year (wasn’t aware of a GFM so must be post then).

She has always made me feel slightly uncomfortable in that she’s one of those who exploits the fact she has cancer under the guise of ‘raising awareness’. As someone with a health condition, I see people in my own community do this too and it’s v cringeworthy.

I followed the drama of the lumps this week and the first thing that sprung to mind was that she’s obviously noticed how much attention, love and fawning Bowel Babe has received that she’s craving some of that attention herself. The resharing of others’ stories about her suggests she craves attention (genuinely, why not reply to those people saying thanks, why the need to show others ‘see, look at how many people are talking about me?’. Also the dancing shoe story made me cringe: trying to curate the image of herself as a positive polly while being at the hospital, letting everyone know she’s at the hospital, while also showing nothing at all.

I have an awful lot of sympathy for her enduring what she has at a young age but she’s too cringy for me and she can’t blame cancer for that.

• Heart

HumphreyB

VIP Member
I just don’t see the point in her post other than to whip up her audience.
Then again I don’t get the oversharing in general. If she doesn’t want to worry anyone then why tell anyone and have them worry unnecessarily when she could sit tight and wait to find out more.

• Heart

Philgate

The little girl lost act is NOT cute. She’s too old and cynical for it. She’s managed to extract nearly €200,000 from people. Too late to be pretending to be ditzy

• Heart

winterblu

VIP Member
The little girl from Galway Saoirse also donated the rest of her Go fund me once she had payed for the equipment she needed . This one could take a leaf out of this little girls book .

• Heart

winterblu

VIP Member
I personally wouldn’t tell my parents because I wouldn’t want them to worry unless it us something but fine if she felt she needed a hug from her Mam or whatever . But I really don’t understand why it was put up on Instagram . It pure and utter attention seeking .
I can’t imagine what it’s like for her living with cancer and of cource it must always be on the back of your mind but I still cannot warm to her, she is so unlikable .

Reactions: 18

Gym+coffee

I just think if it was me the last thing I would being doing is worrying about sharing on Instagram and putting up being in the waiting room etc. something feels off about all of this

JJJ1234

Chatty Member
Posts a pic of Aisling Moran. RIP. “So sad”. Next story- Shannen saying that “she has risen”. She has been living like a “corpse” all week. If she really doesn’t know how tone deaf and clueless she is then she should not be on a public page.

• Wow

brandambassador

VIP Member
I know it’s always being asked but why does she enjoy being sick so much?
She’s known nothing else since she was 16. She’s not a daughter, mother or partner she’s a patient. Every sniffle is exaggerated. It’s never nausea it’s a bug. It’s never a headache it’s a migraine. All she has known is attention from medical issues & she can’t seem to live an every day day to day life of being normal

Jellybb

VIP Member
Total attention seeking. Surely if u were short of breath and on a nebuliser putting your gob on Instagram would be bottom of your list of priorities. She really needs to fuck off and when she gets there fuck off some more👍
Man she really is a munchausen case 😳 she needs either, a good kick up the ring or serious intervention from a professional

• Heart