Sex Education (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I completely agree. I love watching all of the flamboyant characters and how risqué the series is but I really hate being preached to which is what I felt this series.
It all felt so forced as well. The sex was previously used as a vehicle to move the characters storyline along but this series it WAS the storyline. As for the school musical stuff, just way too try-hard. No nuance or intelligence whatsoever.

Reactions: 4
I feel like they were trying to cover so many topics all on one in the sense of covering gay, lesbian, non binary, drugs, pregnancy, infertility, sexual assault, Foster care, stis, The list goes on. And it is good they cover the topics.. But I feel like they tried too hard to make them all storylines all at the same time.

I have no idea if that makes sense at all 😂

Reactions: 9
I feel like they were trying to cover so many topics all on one in the sense of covering gay, lesbian, non binary, drugs, pregnancy, infertility, sexual assault, Foster care, stis, The list goes on. And it is good they cover the topics.. But I feel like they tried too hard to make them all storylines all at the same time.

I have no idea if that makes sense at all 😂
Yes I understand completely. It's like they were ticking as many boxes as they possible could but in the process they ended up missing out on character and plot development.

Reactions: 8
for such an intelligent lady it’s a little silly of a storyline! I presumed it was the man they met outside of hospital Jean used to sleep with, maybe that’s a curveball I fell hard for.

also, why do I have the hots for Jakob? Maybe it’s the postpartum or long days of home alone breastfeeding that’s done it 😂 my hormones are racing
I agree, it didn’t add up for me this storyline. I’m sorry but if she has clearly slept with someone else in a similar time period, how was she not more preoccupied with the thought of who’s it is from day one of finding out she was pregnant? Now you’ve got me second guessing if it was the younger guy she used to sleep with too. I assumed it must be Otis dad but the younger guy popping up in the series makes me think….
also, Jakob is certified HOT 🤣 I really love his hair too-god knows what that’s about

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I agree, it didn’t add up for me this storyline. I’m sorry but if she has clearly slept with someone else in a similar time period, how was she not more preoccupied with the thought of who’s it is from day one of finding out she was pregnant? Now you’ve got me second guessing if it was the younger guy she used to sleep with too. I assumed it must be Otis dad but the younger guy popping up in the series makes me think….
also, Jakob is certified HOT 🤣 I really love his hair too-god knows what that’s about
Jean didn't realise she was pregnant at first. She thought she was menopausal. She also said when she went into labour that the baby wasn't due for another 8 weeks. She could have easily got all the dates completely wrong.

Reactions: 3
Jean didn't realise she was pregnant at first. She thought she was menopausal. She also said when she went into labour that the baby wasn't due for another 8 weeks. She could have easily got all the dates completely wrong.
I'd guess she'd know the correct dates though after the scans ect realistically

Seemed stupid that Jakob having had a vasectomy would just assume he was the father as surely he'd say 'well it can't be mine as I've had a vasectomy'?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Silver Fox 🔥🤤😂

Reactions: 2
I can’t believe Maeve would be interested in Otis. For a start she looks so much older than him and she’s far more worldly.

I can’t believe Maeve would be interested in Otis. For a start she looks so much older than him and she’s far more worldly.
I kind of felt that with all of them though, Maeve, Ola, Ruby.
I guess him and Lily kind of suited more

Reactions: 1
On the last episode of series 3 and still waiting for Rubys massive character development that the whole of tiktok was going on about. Still don’t like her character and don’t understand what everyone seen in her character.

On the last episode of series 3 and still waiting for Rubys massive character development that the whole of tiktok was going on about. Still don’t like her character and don’t understand what everyone seen in her character.
I've watched the whole series and still don't like her character 😂

Reactions: 2
Finished watching this recently. I actually really love it. I like the way it deals with serious issues and balances humour at the same time. I normally don't like overly woke things or trying to appeal to every single demographic imaginable but it just works with this show.

Everyone needs an Eric and an Aimee as a friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Adore Eric and Aimee!

No real opinion on Ruby but did think her and Otis were sweet and I was almost surprised the show didn't go more into their relationship/her character.

Also the Ola and Lily conflict didn't really feel resolved by the end either, they didn't really have a proper chat about their issues?

Hated the headteacher but also hated her in Girls too lmao.

Re: the pregnancy, as I recall it was more Jakob wanting the test as he didn't trust Jean whereas she seemed sure it was his. Not sure who baby daddy will be as I don't think we saw her sleeping with anyone else around that time.

Anyway do the love the show overall but agree I'm a bit bored of Otis and Maeve now and hope next season is the last and goes out with a bang.

Reactions: 6
I think they missed the boat with Maeve and Otis.

By the time they got them together I'd already moved on. I liked Otis with Ruby.

I think they missed the boat with Maeve and Otis.

By the time they got them together I'd already moved on. I liked Otis with Ruby.
We've all moved on from maeve and Otis. Ruby and Otis unexpectedly worked, and viewers loved it. I ship them now not maeve and Otis.

Reactions: 1
Late to the party on this but I loved it!

I like how it doesn't make sense like with the the way they dress , old cars etc means you don't have to take it too seriously and look too much into the plot holes

I also dislike Ruby , she's always been a witch so not condoning ditching someone like Otis did but it was karma

Eric has got to be my favourite!

Also agree about how the groffs look like each other it's crazy