Sex Education (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not a huge fan either but I can’t really pinpoint why, it’s not necessarily that I dislike her but I just don’t love her 🤷🏼‍♀️
I find her quite bland and unexciitng to watch, in a show with many incredibly charismatic actors. And that seems to be translated into her charactersisation somehow too. What is her personality ? Most of them you could sum it up in a few words - Eric, flamboyant and loyal, Maeve, the clever bad girl, Jackson the popular jock etc. While they are all more than that and not everyone needs to be pigeonholed into a stereotype , I struggle to think of any definite adjectives for Ola!

Reactions: 2
I find her quite bland and unexciitng to watch, in a show with many incredibly charismatic actors. And that seems to be translated into her charactersisation somehow too. What is her personality ? Most of them you could sum it up in a few words - Eric, flamboyant and loyal, Maeve, the clever bad girl, Jackson the popular jock etc. While they are all more than that and not everyone needs to be pigeonholed into a stereotype , I struggle to think of any definite adjectives for Ola!
I know exactly what you mean, totally agree that not everyone has to be in a particular group or stereotype, but I just find her a bit “meh”. I don’t feel like the show would suffer greatly without her character.

Reactions: 1
I love it, and I'm so invested in the storylines, but I can't get over the fact that Maeve would have been left there by social services? As she's under 18? Surely she would also have involvement by them, and they wouldn't just turn a blind eye to the other minor living in that property that is now left fully alone again, or have I missed something?

I’m quite late to this but I absolutely love this programme, have been binge watching it for the last few days. I have a bit of a crush on Gillian Andersen and the guy who plays Eric is brilliant. Cannot freakin’ stand Ola! She’s such a boring character and the actress looks about 10 years older than the rest of the kid cast.

One thing I don’t get is that it’s styled to look maybe late 80s but is obviously set present day judging by the dialogue, mobiles, etc. Anyone know why that is? Not a criticism - I think it gives it a quirky edge which I really like.

Reactions: 4
I’m quite late to this but I absolutely love this programme, have been binge watching it for the last few days. I have a bit of a crush on Gillian Andersen and the guy who plays Eric is brilliant. Cannot freakin’ stand Ola! She’s such a boring character and the actress looks about 10 years older than the rest of the kid cast.

One thing I don’t get is that it’s styled to look maybe late 80s but is obviously set present day judging by the dialogue, mobiles, etc. Anyone know why that is? Not a criticism - I think it gives it a quirky edge which I really like.
I’ve read various comments on the setting, clothing etc. This article explains to some extent! https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-...cation-netflix-british-show-look-so-american/

I love it, and I'm so invested in the storylines, but I can't get over the fact that Maeve would have been left there by social services? As she's under 18? Surely she would also have involvement by them, and they wouldn't just turn a blind eye to the other minor living in that property that is now left fully alone again, or have I missed something?
That's a good point actually 🤔

Love the show but am not done watching it yet so I better not read too much on here. But I don't like 'Ola' and totally agree that she looks way too old to be playing in that role.

Reactions: 3
Love the show but am not done watching it yet so I better not read too much on here. But I don't like 'Ola' and totally agree that she looks way too old to be playing in that role.
She does look so much older than the others but she's only 25. I know Asa is only 22 but Emma is 24 🤷🏻‍♀️ She obviously just looks a lot older!

didn't mind first season but i just find the whole set in England with an american style school, with retro clothing/style & mobiles all weird like Riverdale.

didn't mind first season but i just find the whole set in England with an american style school, with retro clothing/style & mobiles all weird like Riverdale.
I found it really funny that they have a "Glee" style singing club. Is that even a thing in the UK now?

I think he’s a bit creepy looking
I like Asa but he comes off across on his social media especially when he was dating Ella Parnell who is bleeping awful lol

The unrealistic part of the show is the size of the school and that everyone shops at thrift shops lol

I like Asa but he comes off across on his social media especially when he was dating Ella Parnell who is bleeping awful lol

The unrealistic part of the show is the size of the school and that everyone shops at thrift shops lol
It reminded me of the private school an ex went to. It was huge.

Got to say I'm glad Ola broke up with him.

It reminded me of the private school an ex went to. It was huge.

Got to say I'm glad Ola broke up with him.
I hate Ola ! She's so annoying I think it's cause the actress looks like Adele Roberts and she was awful on I'm a celeb and I hadn't watched in years and my sister was like!! It's feicin ola!!!! Lol

• Haha
Her hair irritates me beyond belief.
She isn't good looking like the actresses who play Olivia and maeve but like feicin hell her hair is shite could have at least made sure she had good hair !!

I finished season 2 today...loved it!
I felt sorry for Rahim though, he seemed to really like Eric. I hope Adam treats him well.
And God, I just LOVE Jean so much, Gillian Anderson is beautiful. I had no idea that Gillian is American, her accent is great. And I like Jakob too. I hope they get back together.
Also, she isn't featured as much but I really love Amy. She is so so sweet.
I hope Maeve finds happiness.
I am loving Jackson's character development too. Can't wait to see what ends up happening with him.

Reactions: 5
I finished season 2 today...loved it!
I felt sorry for Rahim though, he seemed to really like Eric. I hope Adam treats him well.
And God, I just LOVE Jean so much, Gillian Anderson is beautiful. And I like Jakob too. I hope they get back together.
Also, she isn't featured as much but I really love Amy. She is so so sweet.
Rahim is so sweet omg wonder if he'll move back to France in s3 lol
They will with the baby !
I loooove Amy. When tv shows put in a dumb blonde stereotype that's all they are but she is so kind and has such a great personality ! I love her look especially her buck teeth so cute lol

Rahim is so sweet omg wonder if he'll move back to France in s3 lol
They will with the baby !
I loooove Amy. When tv shows put in a dumb blonde stereotype that's all they are but she is so kind and has such a great personality ! I love her look especially her buck teeth so cute lol
Aww, I know. I thought he was gonna be a "bad boy" at first but he is so sweet. The guy who plays Jakob is SO handsome. I didn't notice in the first series but did this one.
Amy is def one of my favourites, I want to hug her, she is so cute and kind. She and Adam are together in real life.

• Heart
Aww, I know. I thought he was gonna be a "bad boy" at first but he is so sweet. The guy who plays Jakob is SO handsome. I didn't notice in the first series but did this one.
Amy is def one of my favourites, I want to hug her, she is so cute and kind. She and Adam are together in real life.
I know always complimenting Eric loved him.

Omg stop Jakob is a ride lol need me a Scandinavian man lol I'm 8% Swedish maybe I can find one to marry me lolll. You prob noticed this season cause of his new haircut !
I know ahhh so cute

• Haha