Sex Education (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys decided opinion but I think Otis is a prick in this.... he messes up with Muave makes a tit out of himself and then after ola finishes him he goes back to her and there’s an anticlimax! I found it a little uncomfortable..... I absolutely adored Eric and his storyline in this though, and how Adam came back... on the whole not as good as the first one I think they tried too hard and the Romeo and Juliet play at the end was a bit too much (although hilarious 😂😂😂🙈)
I think Otis character is testament to the subtly of some of the writing in the show. He’s proof that the ‘woke’ ‘nice guy’ can be as much of a dick as anyone else. A weaker programme would have had him sweep in to ‘save’ maeve by now, but tho I do think he’s ultimately decent he’s also shown to be increasingly self centred and totally consumed with his trivial life while she increasingly goes through some truely tough stuff. I think he needs to mature and see his behaviour and then I am rooting for them together. I hated him with Ola, that was so wrong. I do kind of like Isaac tho too, he’s very charismatic and interesting despite what he did.

I like this show but I don’t love it. It’s a tad to over stylised and over written in a way that can be annoying after a while.

Reactions: 4
I think Otis character is testament to the subtly of some of the writing in the show. He’s proof that the ‘woke’ ‘nice guy’ can be as much of a dick as anyone else. A weaker programme would have had him sweep in to ‘save’ maeve by now, but tho I do think he’s ultimately decent he’s also shown to be increasingly self centred and totally consumed with his trivial life while she increasingly goes through some truely tough stuff. I think he needs to mature and see his behaviour and then I am rooting for them together. I hated him with Ola, that was so wrong. I do kind of like Isaac tho too, he’s very charismatic and interesting despite what he did.

I like this show but I don’t love it. It’s a tad to over stylised and over written in a way that can be annoying after a while.
I agree with what you say about Otis, although I don’t think I really realised it until I read what you said 😂 I liked the part where Jakob calls Otis a good man etc, but also says “you are a bit of an asshole” 🤣 I think that’s when it clicked for me that he isn’t the stereotypical “good/hero” protagonist the entire time, just like none of us are.

I really feel for Maeve and hope her and Otis end up together eventually... maybe once he’s matured a little 🤦🏼‍♀️😅

Reactions: 2
I agree with what you say about Otis, although I don’t think I really realised it until I read what you said 😂 I liked the part where Jakob calls Otis a good man etc, but also says “you are a bit of an asshole” 🤣 I think that’s when it clicked for me that he isn’t the stereotypical “good/hero” protagonist the entire time, just like none of us are.

I really feel for Maeve and hope her and Otis end up together eventually... maybe once he’s matured a little 🤦🏼‍♀️😅
Yes exactly there’s that Jakob quote and someone else says “you’re so busy trying to be a good guy you actually became a bit of a dick” - was that maeve ? Anyway, same point.

I love what they did with Gillian Anderson’s character this season as she deserved more story... I am also obsessed with her, what a woman.... becoming friends with Adams mum was a bit soap opera and forced but at the same time it was sweet and felt fresh to give screen time to a character like that. Again, in a lesser show she’d just be the downtrodden wife and slightly smothering mother, no more no less, with a handful of lines across the entire series.

Oh yeah and Otis’s dad is basically Jordan Peterson isn’t he ? That was funny

Reactions: 6
Yes exactly there’s that Jakob quote and someone else says “you’re so busy trying to be a good guy you actually became a bit of a dick” - was that maeve ? Anyway, same point.

I love what they did with Gillian Anderson’s character this season as she deserved more story... I am also obsessed with her, what a woman.... becoming friends with Adams mum was a bit soap opera and forced but at the same time it was sweet and felt fresh to give screen time to a character like that. Again, in a lesser show she’d just be the downtrodden wife and slightly smothering mother, no more no less, with a handful of lines across the entire series.

Oh yeah and Otis’s dad is basically Jordan Peterson isn’t he ? That was funny
Ah yes of course I’d forgotten that part. I can’t remember who it was either though ha, I think either Maeve or Ola? But yes it’s the same point isn’t it!

Absolutely agree about Jean and Adam’s mum (Maureen?). I never gave much thought to her at all and, as you say, just assumed she was the typical downtrodden housewife. It was really nice to see her put her foot down for once and then to become friends with Jean.

I still don’t quite know what to think about Otis’s dad, he’s just a bit useless really isn’t he?

finally finished season 2 yesterday and already have withdrawal, it's one the best tv shows I've seen in a while - the type where you don't binge watch all in one go because you're trying to make them last longer 😝
if you loved this and haven't seen my mad fat diary definitely give it a go - similar vibes

any other recommendations?? netflix or prime

Reactions: 5
finally finished season 2 yesterday and already have withdrawal, it's one the best tv shows I've seen in a while - the type where you don't binge watch all in one go because you're trying to make them last longer 😝
if you loved this and haven't seen my mad fat diary definitely give it a go - similar vibes

any other recommendations?? netflix or prime
Atypical is good. Not quite the same but it's a very good programme!

Does anyone else think that Ola and Lily just don't suit?

Reactions: 4
Does anyone else think that Ola and Lily just don't suit?
Yeah I’m not wholly convinced. Seems a bit contrived, wish they could just remain friends (thank god they never went there with Jackson and his new friend whose name I forget) But at least it being sex education i can buy that it’s ‘experimentation’ rather than ‘true love’ and may not last long.

On a similar subject, I think Eric and Rahim are sooo much better together even if Rahims character is a little bit too cool to be believed. Eric and Adam don’t have the chemistry. All that stuff about “he only smiles like that with you” just made me roll my eyes, I don’t buy it. I think if they had just become good friends after what happened between them and the history of bullying that would be just as impactful. Adam needs a real friend as we know - and Ola being it (forcing ola in yet again ?!) felt contrived.

Reactions: 1
I'm not sure who I could see Ola with. She's a strong character. I didn't think she suited with Otis either.

I'm not sure on Adam and Eric. I love Adam but I just feel they don't suit so much. Adam needs more to him than just messing things up constantly and being Bisexual 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
totally agree with you all there , think sometimes they rush a storyline to try and get every orientation represented. in the next series would love Adam to find himself , just like Eric did. Obviously they're going have more Gillian which is great , the twist at the end will surely feature quite a bit.
think the actress is fab but just can't warm to Ola- like at all,
also love the friendship between Jackson and Viv 💕

Reactions: 5
totally agree with you all there , think sometimes they rush a storyline to try and get every orientation represented. in the next series would love Adam to find himself , just like Eric did. Obviously they're going have more Gillian which is great , the twist at the end will surely feature quite a bit.
think the actress is fab but just can't warm to Ola- like at all,
also love the friendship between Jackson and Viv 💕
Same about Jackson and Viv!
I really thought they were going to end up going in the romantic direction. Glad they didn't! Would've been such a typical move

Reactions: 3