Sex Education (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to say the Otis dick pic bits did make me absolutely howl! The only moment to truly make me laugh this whole season!
Yes I laughed out loud at that part! And the bit when Jackson got the finger up his bum!

Reactions: 4
Ahh not finished but agree with the general consensus. Some characters they do so well (Adam, Aimee, Mr Goff) others just OTT box ticking. Eric’s new ‘popular friends’ added nothing and I want fast forward all of their bits. Am I supposed to dislike them because I really do! I know it was a mix of ‘hard hitting’ and humour but I feel it’s lost it’s heart a little bit this season.

Reactions: 3
It also didn’t help that these new characters were clearly used only as ways of progressing the end game plans for the OG cast. Oh we need someone to share Eric’s existential faith crisis, we need a new crush for cam given we’ve given Jackson a hookup/oh someone else has also had too surgery etc.
It was one of the most blatant use of prop characters in tv atm and felt worse than previous seasons of SE. At least with the other seasons new characters were given a little bit of their own story line as well as serving the existing cast.

i think i said it above but emma mackey really wasn’t great this series. she seemed to have completely checked out of the part, which made her scenes with otis even more boring.

i finished last night after struggling through and agree with the other comments that the groffs were the only reason i kept watching! beautiful performances from them and i was genuinely invested. the rest - not great.
The Otis scenes there was just no chemistry at all anymore and there was. For two best friends / lovers there was nothing. When her mum died it was so meh, not even a hug or and arm around each other for comfort her comfort was the guy in the wheelchair.

Reactions: 5
The Otis scenes there was just no chemistry at all anymore and there was. For two best friends / lovers there was nothing. When her mum died it was so meh, not even a hug or and arm around each other for comfort he comfort was the guy in the wheelchair.
He had far more chemistry with Ruby than he did with Maeve. Would have made more sense for him to have ended up with Ruby imo.

Reactions: 11
He had far more chemistry with Ruby than he did with Maeve. Would have made more sense for him to have ended up with Ruby imo.
Genuinely thought that’s how it’d go, especially at the dance and also sharing a bed as Ruby clearly likes him a lot. Her saying she’s not interested and him dancing away was such a weird ending!

Reactions: 8
Genuinely thought that’s how it’d go, especially at the dance and also sharing a bed as Ruby clearly likes him a lot. Her saying she’s not and him dancing away was such a weird ending!
Yes the ending between them made no sense at all. Such a waste of a storyline between the pair of them.

Reactions: 7
About 4 episodes in, not enjoying it so far, loved the previous series, but this series seems they turned the daftness notch up to 100! Plus I can’t work out who’s male/female etc etc it’s all confusing, buy not done in the right way, it’s all forced!

The best characters are by far Otis, Ruby, Adam & his dad, in terms of character development.

Genuinely thought that’s how it’d go, especially at the dance and also sharing a bed as Ruby clearly likes him a lot. Her saying she’s not interested and him dancing away was such a weird ending!
i was SO ANNOYED! as a ruby and otis fan, they gave their connection so much time and growth, and the actors had really great chemistry, and THAT was how it ended?! even if they didn’t end up together, there was still more to say and i felt it was a disservice to them both.

will say i didn’t want ruby with otis after this series though. he was awful 🤣

Reactions: 2
Agreed! It undid the work of last season on their growth and connection. Otis especially behaved out of character this time and was so irritating. As someone who wanted them to be endgame he made me stop rooting for it! I don't know why they wouldn't end up even as friends though.

I also had a spark of hope at the Ruby bullying flashback that the series would salvage some depth and character development but no, they just turned it into a silly competition with O and didn't even touch on Ruby being a bully herself before. Their showdown wasn't worth a big finale!

I feel like the thing that made sex education stand out was that for all the crudeness it had a lot of heart. I felt that was missing from the last series apart from the Groff family. At the start of the first series Adam and his Dad were horrible characters but by the end they had both had reduced me to tears numerous times. I’d like to see the lad who plays Adam do well, I think he has lots of potential.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel like the thing that made sex education stand out was that for all the crudeness it had a lot of heart. I felt that was missing from the last series apart from the Groff family. At the start of the first series Adam and his Dad were horrible characters but by the end they had both had reduced me to tears numerous times. I’d like to see the lad who plays Adam do well, I think he has lots of potential.
Any Peaky Blinders fans? The actor who plays Adam is dating the actress who played Diana Mitford in PB’s!

He seems to be doing quite well. He’s in an upcoming Netflix film and he was in SAS Rogue Heroes which is on the BBC iplayer.

Any Peaky Blinders fans? The actor who plays Adam is dating the actress who played Diana Mitford in PB’s!

He seems to be doing quite well. He’s in an upcoming Netflix film and he was in SAS Rogue Heroes which is on the BBC iplayer.
He was also in Barbie, along with a few of the others.

Connor Swindalls. He’s a great actor and seems a thoroughly nice person too. He was so good in SAS Rogue Hero’s.

Wasn't him the girl who plays Aimee dating originally?
I don't follow them so don't know if I'm remembering correct or not 😂

Reactions: 4
Wasn't him the girl who plays Aimee dating originally?
I don't follow them so don't know if I'm remembering correct or not 😂
Yes they were together in first series. Seemed happy but it didn't last. Looks like they've remained good friends though and I suppose they would need to if they had to still work together?
---
Yeah think they still are. Well I saw a clip on tiktok of them both getting tattoos together.
They're not together. He's dating another actress, Amber Anderson.

Arghhhhh. Currently watching it. Otis is such an unlikeable, snivveling little tit. The Groffs are wonderful. Adam and his father carry the whole season. Aimeee is lovely. Isaac is okay. Ruby is okay. The rest of the oh so woke cast is pathetic.