Sex Education (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I binged it in 2 days, I just bloody love Amy ❤ Oh & Adam, his character had so much growth.

Reactions: 4
So you know when Eric goes to another country in the 3rd season? My husband had told me that he got murdered over there so I had this real dread watching those scenes rben though obviously it's not a bloody murder type show. Every time I saw Eric alone this season I convinced myself he was about to be killed 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm only half way through season 4. I enjoyed the first two episodes but it's now getting too far fetched. I don't like Roman, his girlfriend and all their friends. It appears done for effect and looks like bubble gum filling material for insta.

Eric, fabulous as he is, is not developed much other than being larger than life. Otis is whiny and self absorbed. I hate seeing Jean in such a state. The scene with her at the baby class, where she was asked to give an interesting fact about herself, and inadvertently started rambling nervously revealing her major problems but was quickly dismissed to allow others to spout more palatable lightweight comments was heartbreaking.

The scenes with Maeve in her new collage seemed jarring and dull. I have never thought Otis and Maeve were a likely couple. She has always seemed far too world weary and old for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just got the last episode to go and I think Maeve and Jean both showed that sadness that comes with grief and depression really well. The same way as Ricky Gervais in after life. Maybe it's what stage of life I'm in but it was the most relatable part of the show to me. Adam and his family as well as Amy where all brilliant too. The only things I didn't like was the new characters and school and Otis and Eric unfortunately.

I'm only half way through season 4. I enjoyed the first two episodes but it's now getting too far fetched. I don't like Roman, his girlfriend and all their friends. It appears done for effect and looks like bubble gum filling material for insta.

Eric, fabulous as he is, is not developed much other than being larger than life. Otis is whiny and self absorbed. I hate seeing Jean in such a state. The scene with her at the baby class, where she was asked to give an interesting fact about herself, and inadvertently started rambling nervously revealing her major problems but was quickly dismissed to allow others to spout more palatable lightweight comments was heartbreaking.

The scenes with Maeve in her new collage seemed jarring and dull. I have never thought Otis and Maeve were a likely couple. She has always seemed far too world weary and old for him.

This scene made me feel so bad and I suspect it's a little too close to real life. A new mum, clearly overwhelmed and revealing major problems that need medical help gets dismissed by a so-called professional. The bloody woman even gave her a condescending smirk when the other mum said something short and lightweight.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This scene made me feel so bad and I suspect it's a little too close to real life. A new mum, clearly overwhelmed and revealing major problems that need medical help gets dismissed by a so-called professional. The bloody woman even gave her a condescending smirk when the other mum said something short and lightweight.
Yes this was a really sad scene, no compassion or empathy shown for a woman who is clearly struggling.

• Heart
Part of me thinks that we are supposed to feel like this and it’s intentional that we as mature adults can see that Otis is self absorbed etc and the girl he has mooned over isn’t the one for him and in time etc it will all work out, they just need to grow up.

On the other hand though they depict several teenagers cutting off parts of their body permanently as they are mature and old enough to know their birth gender is ‘wrong.’It is only shown as positive, nobody questions it, changes their mind or has regrets which if a true reflection of reality is likely to happen.

• Haha
  • Heart
I hate the new characters. The scouse one is a particularly bad actor and every time they are on the screen i feel my eyes rolling.

I hate the way the college is portrayed, what college is like that? College is just an extension of school with the same bullshit. AND its a total contradiction, its student led and we are all about empowering people bla bla bla yet the wheelchair user cannot get a working lift?
Physical disability, the one thing most place accomodate for these days whilst ignoring any other type and hes just left to do his classes downstairs?

I know I already aired my grievances a few pages ago but thought about it some more, I wasn't done yet 😂

The Cavendish doesn't fit the series set-up. In previous seasons, it was ambiguously set in time, everyone has phones of course, but other aspects like music streaming don't seem to exist, Otis seems to listen mostly to "old stuff", and the clothes are also often quite ambiguous in time. All of that works though, somehow, as the old school is also a weird mix of British and US schools, as are the houses the characters live in.
The Cavendish though is as if the writers stepped a good few years too far into the future and forgot the script along the way.
The school is hypermodern with its tablets and paper-free approach, and pupils run the place, yet they're minors (or most of them would be). The teachers though, or at least the few instances we see of them, don't seem to have gotten the message about the school. Mr Groff clearly seems to have no idea about whiteboards. Wouldn't he know this? Even as a new hire, someone must have shown him around. But no, he is just used to making fun of as this old teacher who clearly can't keep up with tech.
And don't get me started on the elevator - they're all so bloody good, yet don't seem to manage to have it functional? It's bad enough for anyone using a wheelchair, but many people need to use them.
And the worst of all was the missing flash fire alarm for the deaf/CI student. She was wearing her CI and hearing aids when the alarm went off and you would hear that with them unless she had switched it off for the test to not be distracted, but they should absolutely have visual indicators. So progressive with the tablets and wokeness they forgot how a school is built.

Reactions: 3
Im up to episode 4 now. It just seems so forced.
The new characters are rubbish and there to push a trans storyline- when Roman was talking about waiting lists it felt contrived.
Aimee and the Groffs are classic and the few light moments have come from them
Edited to add 'ethically non monogamous' wtf?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Just finished season 4. Now can anybody give me a clue on how that worked in that sex scene with the weird scouse guy? I felt like I was watching alien sex, I was so confused!

All in all it was tit really, never found the spark of season one.

• Haha
Just finished season 4. Now can anybody give me a clue on how that worked in that sex scene with the weird scouse guy? I felt like I was watching alien sex, I was so confused!

All in all it was tit really, never found the spark of season one.
Hopefully it isn't offensive how I explain 🤣
The scouse still has female sexual parts.
Abi still has male sexual parts.
As neither of them had had surgery

Reactions: 3
The trans girl is meant to be a biological male with a penis still, and the scouse trans boy is meant to be a biological girl with a vagina still. I know, very confusing!
So basically they have just switched from the gender they were born as, but then got in a relationship with with the gender they were born with anyway? So confused, I must have missed the explanation, otherwise it would have been useful for them to explain it since they forced it in for the whole brigade.

Reactions: 2
So basically they have just switched from the gender they were born as, but then got in a relationship with with the gender they were born with anyway? So confused, I must have missed the explanation, otherwise it would have been useful for them to explain it since they forced it in for the whole brigade.
I think that part only gets resolved in the very last episode. It is mentioned before that both a trans, but apart from Roman explaining that they went private for top surgery, it doesn't go into much further detail. Mostly comes up in the context of Cal's struggle to get the testosterone gel and waiting years for top surgery.

Reactions: 2
This part wasn’t really relevant to them being trans though, sexuality is different to gender.