Sex Education (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This final series was disappointing. The new characters added nothing other than tick boxing. They should have focussed on the original characters.

At the start of series 1 I never thought I would be willing on the Groff men. I think that family showed so much development through the series and both of them acted their roles beautifully with real sensitivity. That was the relationship I was invested in. I couldn’t give a toss about whether Otis and Maeve ended up together but I wanted Adam and his Dad to be able to love themselves and each other and be happy ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This final series was disappointing. The new characters added nothing other than tick boxing. They should have focussed on the original characters.

At the start of series 1 I never thought I would be willing on the Groff men. I think that family showed so much development through the series and both of them acted their roles beautifully with real sensitivity. That was the relationship I was invested in. I couldn’t give a toss about whether Otis and Maeve ended up together but I wanted Adam and his Dad to be able to love themselves and each other and be happy ❤
I still don't think there has ever been such a good casting of father and son who aren't actually related. They are just so alike.
I wish there had been more Adam. We could see more sparks but I wanted to see him really happy. I would definitely watch a spin off for him

• Heart
Reactions: 20
TBH Adam (and his parents) are the main reason I'm still watching. I love Eric too, but they've even messed with his character this season.

Reactions: 9
Totally agree about the casting of the Groff men. Outstanding. I absolutely loved Adam's character development in series 3. He played it so well and it was refreshing to see a character struggle with something and slowly make progress instead of the usual overnight transformation. I really felt it when he was struggling to communicate what he wanted to say and loved how his resilience was portrayed. He is the standout character for me and I liked how they showed his Dad's story too.
Also liked Aimee's story as I have always felt on TV people suffer an assault and then the writers just leave it. Showing how it affected her and how she worked to make sense of her reaction was a bit more realistic and I just generally like her character. Feel like she was really under-used in this series.

The rest of them just felt like caricatures of themselves in this series. I think the new trans characters were important to include but given too much airtime compared to others. I'd have liked to have seen more of Ruby than just as a prop for Otis. Romeo very wooden as someone else said. I was pleased to see they brought disability into it with the Isaac and Aisha lift/fire alarm situation but again no real depth. There was more they could have done with that.

I'm going to watch from the start again but might not bother with re-watching S4.

Reactions: 12
I’m yet to watch but really wondering if I should! Was Dan Levy good in it? Unsure how big his part was.

Reactions: 1
I’m yet to watch but really wondering if I should! Was Dan Levy good in it? Unsure how big his part was.
He wasn't in it much really. He's one of Maeves american teachers that's a writer.
Wasn't really fond of him 😂

Reactions: 5
Loved Aimee's arc and healing journey but I do think it could have done without pairing her off with Isaac.

Apparently it was almost all new writers this series which may explain why it didn't feel the same. Haven't they watched the previous seasons?? 😂

Reactions: 8
Have to say I was really disappointed with this series. They seemed to spend so much time setting up the new characters that we didn’t really get a chance to say goodbye to the old ones.

Right. I've stopped and watching the MAFSUK latest episode.

I started this thread and don't give a crap anymore lol

Have to say I was really disappointed with this series. They seemed to spend so much time setting up the new characters that we didn’t really get a chance to say goodbye to the old ones.
I hope they’re not planning a spin off with the new characters 🙈

Reactions: 3
My teenage daughter who has always been a super fan, stopped watching after 2 episodes. She said it was unnecessarily graphic and hideously woke. I don't think I'm even gonna bother.

Have to say the Otis dick pic bits did make me absolutely howl! The only moment to truly make me laugh this whole season!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That’s because I don’t think they were actors, they were plucked from social media. Saying that I think Maeve was also really wooden in this season as well. The acting was terrible all round.
Maeve was horrendous this season! Emma Mackey is sooooo boring

• Sad
Reactions: 7
That’s because I don’t think they were actors, they were plucked from social media. Saying that I think Maeve was also really wooden in this season as well. The acting was terrible all round.
i think i said it above but emma mackey really wasn’t great this series. she seemed to have completely checked out of the part, which made her scenes with otis even more boring.

i finished last night after struggling through and agree with the other comments that the groffs were the only reason i kept watching! beautiful performances from them and i was genuinely invested. the rest - not great.

Reactions: 14
i think i said it above but emma mackey really wasn’t great this series. she seemed to have completely checked out of the part, which made her scenes with otis even more boring.
Yeah completely agree. I saw on tiktok some of the earlier scenes in season 1-2 and she had a completely different energy. Seems like she’d given up in the last season. There was no spark in her character.