Sex And The City & And Just Like That #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Samantha’s dialogue was the best.
Loved the exchange when she caught Richards assistant leaving a gift and she was naked.
(From memory so may not be exact…)
“I’m Richards assistant - and I’m gay”
“Well Gay, give a girl a moment”
“May I just say you look amazing!”
“Pilates” (shrugs, smiles)
They should have killed her off, being dead is literally the only reason she wouldn’t be there with them. Suggesting that she threw her toys out of the pram over Carrie not having her as a publicist anymore is insulting to the character! It’s like Alex from Grey’s Anatomy all over again.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Bloody hell! Hadn’t thought of that
Carrie will have to move back into her old flat.

HOWEVER in the UK, marriage automatically nullifies any pre-existing wills, so maybe it does in the States too.

I can’t believe Carrie was happy to be referred to as Mrs Preston. Seemed so out of character.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
New trailer:

They seem to be splintering off the group with each one having a new friend? I’m surprised, I thought it would be one new friend to replace (not that you can 😜) Samantha!
As for Natasha…I think the secret child thing is a stretch, in those circles I don’t think you’d be able to keep it a secret for that long?? I think it’s defo a money issue.
Also….I want to see Bitzy Von Mufflings kid!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
New trailer:

God that looks so shite.
1. the original Charlotte would have deffo locked the bathroom door before blowing Harry. :rolleyes:
2. Why are even the kids so cultural aware aka Lily and the dolls scene:sleep:
3. Why is Carrie still sat at her laptop at a window who does that in 2021?:unsure:
4. Why has every one of them got a black friend?
5. Why am I wasting my time writing this? the tit show obv doesn't deserve this much attention!:mad:

Oh How I want Big to have a secret child and all his estate goes to them not miserable Carrie.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Why is Carrie saying, "Natasha's back," as though she decided to swan in and ruin Carrie's life? If I remember correctly, it was Carrie virtually harassing the poor woman into seeing her for the big, "I'm sorry," speech after her marriage went down the pan (and the tooth!). If Natasha has been secretly riding the alimony pony, then good for her.

The pairing off of the characters with other women of colour is so contrived - acting as metaphorical emotional support animals to help Carrie, Charlotte and Miranda navigate their changing lives. Gives me the ick.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I loved the moment when they went to that baby shower and the pregnant woman says something like "I can eat whatever I want! jealous?" and Sam hands her a bottle of some alcohol she had bought to drink and says "jealous?" and just barges past her :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is going to be unpopular but I wish they added a little melanin to the core group of friends. No Sam = a hole wide open. It was weird to see how much they got away with the first time around. It’s just plain uncomfortable now that they’re supposed to know better.

• Heart
Also to say that Miranda in the first law session….as others have said, you’re telling me an intelligent lawyer that has lived in a multicultural city for years , would talk about braids and race like she had no idea?!
This!!! And also, she dated Dr Robert, who was black!
I just don't believe this new version of Miranda

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That was definitely carries original closet in the clip! And is that a cameo from that Australian guy from the nextflix show sex or something (sorry it was so bad I can't rem the name just he had a huge 🍆)
Urrgh the wokeness.
Positives:
Carries hair is fab exclamation point!
I still like some of the little funny things she says: like that back the truck up bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This is going to be unpopular but I wish they added a little melanin to the core group of friends. No Sam = a hole wide open. It was weird to see how much they got away with the first time around. It’s just plain uncomfortable now that they’re supposed to know better.
Agree but also think it would come across as tokenism a bit? :/

I don’t understand how there’s an equal amount of black and non binary/trans characters, when you compare their relative prevalence in the population BAME ppl are *still* woefully underrepresented, and the two black characters are in supporting roles whereas Che seems to basically be the 4th key castmember now?

Reactions: 7
They seem to be splintering off the group with each one having a new friend? I’m surprised, I thought it would be one new friend to replace (not that you can 😜) Samantha!
As for Natasha…I think the secret child thing is a stretch, in those circles I don’t think you’d be able to keep it a secret for that long?? I think it’s defo a money issue.
Also….I want to see Bitzy Von Mufflings kid!!!
A new black friend for everyone! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
A new black friend for everyone! 🤣
I do feel like this new series is very preachy. Can't we just have a good funny show to watch and not be lectured for Christ sake. I don't think there would be many racists and homophobes that would tune into sex and the city somehow 😂

Reactions: 20
Omg I'm on my most hated episode
The one where carrie runs into natasha
"How could anyone hate me so much"
Gee I don't know carrie, maybe because yoy fucked her husband

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
In her beige house too!!! And then didn't have the balls to confront her when she caught you there, and tried to run away 🤦🏼‍♀️

God, Carrie is really awful isn't she!!!
I miss Sam 😭 she was the friend Carrie didn't deserve.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
exactly, imagine it had been the other way round, and her obsessessing that Natasha was bad mouthing her around the city. Even when I saw this as a teenager it seemed so immature

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Kristin Davis’ lips. She can hardly speak in the new series. That actress is so pretty not sure why she felt the need to have the work done.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.