Sex And The City & And Just Like That #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A new black friend for everyone! šŸ¤£
The wokeness is like being hit by a truck. It's all so badly handled. None of it makes any sense and I do feel that there is tokenism in the casting.

I'm sure there could have been a way of gracefully increasing representation, and indeed gently reflecting new attitudes, without making the audience feel like we're all at a staff training session on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. I have enough of those in my day job thanks, I really don't want to have to sit through more of it on SATC of all places.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I am woke and I have no issue with the world updating itā€™s bullshit but that made me cringe. Like I skipped though the Professor scenes, I donā€™t know that it did ring true for Miranda for the reasons previously mentioned but but the liberal, intellectual, elite can get it very, very wrong and I imagine that was the signalling there.

Does Carrie have any parents? Or they wouldnā€™t suit the funeral scheme?

Iā€™m not a die hard fan and enjoyed the fashion and the apartments etc.

Reactions: 3
I am woke and I have no issue with the world updating itā€™s bullshit but that made me cringe. Like I skipped though the Professor scenes, I donā€™t know that it did ring true for Miranda for the reasons previously mentioned but but the liberal, intellectual, elite can get it very, very wrong and I imagine that was the signalling there.

Does Carrie have any parents? Or they wouldnā€™t suit the funeral scheme?

Iā€™m not a die hard fan and enjoyed the fashion and the apartments etc.
They have never mentioned Carrie's mum but her dad wasn't around iirc, it is strange that only Miranda's parents/in laws have ever been mentioned or featured

Reactions: 9
Thank you

And yes, itā€™s such a huge flaw in friends focussed dramas - the micro bubble they exist in without siblings or parents or a wider family. So contrived (I know, I know itā€™s fiction etc etc).

Reactions: 9
Thank you

And yes, itā€™s such a huge flaw in friends focussed dramas - the micro bubble they exist in without siblings or parents or a wider family. So contrived (I know, I know itā€™s fiction etc etc).
yeh and at the funeral when Big's brother was there, had he ever been mentioned before? Like I get you cannot have millions of main actors but even just a mention of people's parents/siblings or whatever would make it more realistic. I would have loved Sam to have a sibling who was really conservative and prudish :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone else think mirdana has a drink problem?
100% who drinks before a class?! I get wanting to before making a speech like at the funeral, but I would be mortified if I went into a bar at 10.45 and they wouldn't serve me and I had to wait until thye opened :ROFLMAO: I think a lot of what we have seen so far is just not subtle, they are kind of steamrolling in everything, like with the drinking thing, I would expect it to be revealed more gradually so it was actually a surprise. It is like they think because they have left it out of the trailers it will be a mystery when it happens, which of course it won't be

Reactions: 5
They never really addressed parents did they. What bugged (or tickled) me was when Charlotte was getting married to Trey and before she walked down the aisle she was going on about how he couldnā€™t get it up, and Carrie said maybe heā€™d jerked off beforehand.
Then an older man appears from the side to take Charlottes arm - so this was her dad then, whoā€™d stood silently as sheā€™d had a chat about her fiancĆ©ā€™s erection problems?! Wonderful šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think the writers and production team swore of discussing or writing in family members after the storyline of Charlotte's brother sleeping with Samantha. They thought it was a flop and decided no more family from that point on (other than a brush with Miranda's siblings at her mother's funeral. And Mrs Brady šŸ˜)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Itā€™s beyond daft.

And yes slap round the face level signalling going on for Miranda.

Reactions: 1
They never really addressed parents did they. What bugged (or tickled) me was when Charlotte was getting married to Trey and before she walked down the aisle she was going on about how he couldnā€™t get it up, and Carrie said maybe heā€™d jerked off beforehand.
Then an older man appears from the side to take Charlottes arm - so this was her dad then, whoā€™d stood silently as sheā€™d had a chat about her fiancĆ©ā€™s erection problems?! Wonderful šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I remember reading somewhere that they didn't want to show much of the ladies family as they wanted the whole show to centre around the 4 of them. But yeah that scene did seem a little odd to say the least šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 3
yeh and at the funeral when Big's brother was there, had he ever been mentioned before? Like I get you cannot have millions of main actors but even just a mention of people's parents/siblings or whatever would make it more realistic. I would have loved Sam to have a sibling who was really conservative and prudish :ROFLMAO:

100% who drinks before a class?! I get wanting to before making a speech like at the funeral, but I would be mortified if I went into a bar at 10.45 and they wouldn't serve me and I had to wait until thye opened :ROFLMAO: I think a lot of what we have seen so far is just not subtle, they are kind of steamrolling in everything, like with the drinking thing, I would expect it to be revealed more gradually so it was actually a surprise. It is like they think because they have left it out of the trailers it will be a mystery when it happens, which of course it won't be
And the wine in her handbag at a kids piano concert

Reactions: 5
I hadnā€™t thought of that! Itā€™s like the writer always wants Carrie to be isolated and alone other than the main gang. Like after the jilting in the crap film

Reactions: 2
Thereā€™s a bit when she says her dad left when she was three and it was just her and her mum. Itā€™s in the episode when she starts writing for Vogue and Ron Rifkin drops his trews in front of her in the Vogue dressing room.
ā€˜Iā€™m drunk at Vogue!ā€™

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thereā€™s a bit when she says her dad left when she was three and it was just her and her mum. Itā€™s in the episode when she starts writing for Vogue and Ron Rifkin drops his trews in front of her in the Vogue dressing room.
ā€˜Iā€™m drunk at Vogue!ā€™
ā€œDrunk at Vogueā€ šŸ˜† From what I remember that started out as a really fun episode but then took a creepy turn thanks to Ron.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think it had to do with an image in the 90s of people cutting ties with their roots and reinventing themselves in the city or finding new family there

Does anyone else think mirdana has a drink problem?
Well, theyā€™re been ever so subtle about it, short of smashing us all over the head with a bottle of Chablis at 10:45am

God itā€™s just so insulting, like they imagine the audience is a bunch of semi senile, knicker wetting, deaf old farts thar canā€™t pick up subtlety and need every detail spelling out

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Sheā€™ll never be able to make that face again with all the botox
She is quite desperately trying though. Is it for comedy?

I thought Big's funeral looked like those clinical fashionable catwalks. White room, sitting at the front, judging those who go by.

Stanford was massively out of character, he was sensitive to others and I doubt he'd be so obnoxious to an older lady at a funeral.

Reactions: 10
Iā€™m only halfway thru first episode
What the actual is the whole Miranda bit with the Professor and braids šŸ„“
The ā€˜wokenessā€™ Iā€™m blanking out itā€™s so cringe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.