Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this is a Depop/Vinted feed but my upcoming house move spurred me to post lots on Ebay whilst they had the 80% off fees promotion going this weekend. Listed quite a few items yesterday and I’ve made £200 within hours. I think people in general are willing to pay less on Vinted because they know that Vinted CS are not much help at all if something goes wrong 😑
I’ve set up a new thread for all things eBay related 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I mean....this ain't coming but Evri won't admit that. Turned off Evri now aswell. So only yodel is an option on my items which may hinder but 🤷‍♀️ this has been out for delivery to me twice to randomly be back at the senders depot.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I mean....this ain't coming but Evri won't admit that. Turned off Evri now aswell. So only yodel is an option on my items which may hinder but 🤷‍♀️ this has been out for delivery to me twice to randomly be back at the senders depot.
I've not found only using yodel to be a hindrance at all.

Reactions: 1
I've received an Evri parcel this morning. No delays with this one as was only posted by the seller a few days ago.
Also sent an item via Evri and it was delivered to the buyer very quickly.

Still waiting on Inpost though. I have to add that I used it plenty of times with no issues previously. It was my fave postage method as it was so easy...

Haven’t sold anything for a month now and people keep making pathetic offers on already cheap items🤦🏻‍♀️ selling a brand new with tags pearl bead embellished Zara cardigan and crop top for £20 (half price) and I’m getting offers like £5-6! What the hell🫠

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Just think, this is gonna get even more chaotic towards Christmas with parcels😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 5
And another order cancelled after once again the night before reassuring me it would be posted first thing. Her excuse being... wait for it... I CAN ONLY POST VIA YODEL!!!! Would help if you switched that option on when it comes to delivery!!! Fuming thought I had a right bargain as well.

Reactions: 3
Anyone else find you seem to sell things in fits and starts? I don’t sell anything for a week at a time then sell 4 things in a 24 hour period lol. Sold 5 items during the Queen’s funeral which was smashing, think everyone was stuck at home and shopping online lol.
I find if you upload Sunday morning or Sunday evening you get more sales as people are usually browsing more then

Just think, this is gonna get even more chaotic towards Christmas with parcels😭😭
My friend is a Royal Mail postman (or person to be pc) they’ve got even more strikes planned before Xmas, so evri, yodel etc will be struggling even more with the demand as more will be using them 😩.
i attempted to sell some bits on Facebook marketplace for local collection but got fed up with too many time wasters

Reactions: 6
I sent 10 orders this morning, most were Evri but there was a few Yodel and Royal Mail. I've turned off the Royal Mail option on Vinted now though cos there's going to be a lot of strike days from now until Christmas (my dads a postman). Praying Evri can get all my stuff delivered in a timely fashion!

I find if you upload Sunday morning or Sunday evening you get more sales as people are usually browsing more then

My friend is a Royal Mail postman (or person to be pc) they’ve got even more strikes planned before Xmas, so evri, yodel etc will be struggling even more with the demand as more will be using them 😩.
i attempted to sell some bits on Facebook marketplace for local collection but got fed up with too many time wasters
Fb is just full of address collectors. Though I did sell 2 big things last week on there nice and simple. Both items collected next day at the time and price agreed.

Reactions: 2
Facebook is a pain in the arse to sell on, I've had more people let me down than not.

I haven't had luck with FB marketplace. I tried to list a brand new Kate Spade bag and they kept taking it down as they thought it wasn't authentic. I really don't know why? I responded saying it was defo authentic but that didn't do anything.

I haven't had luck with FB marketplace. I tried to list a brand new Kate Spade bag and they kept taking it down as they thought it wasn't authentic. I really don't know why? I responded saying it was defo authentic but that didn't do anything.
I had this with some Burberry items. I just put it down to haters gonna hate lol.

I sent 10 orders this morning, most were Evri but there was a few Yodel and Royal Mail. I've turned off the Royal Mail option on Vinted now though cos there's going to be a lot of strike days from now until Christmas (my dads a postman). Praying Evri can get all my stuff delivered in a timely fashion!
How do you turn this off?

Reactions: 2
Posted 2 Yodel parcels today and it was super easy! Labels printed for me at my local co op that’s in walking distance and the tracking info was updated on vinted within 30 mins that I’d posted! Now turned off all other options 😁

Posted 2 Yodel parcels today and it was super easy! Labels printed for me at my local co op that’s in walking distance and the tracking info was updated on vinted within 30 mins that I’d posted! Now turned off all other options 😁
It feels good not risking it all with evri or inpost don't it. 😂😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.