Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have already sold 3 items on Vinted in the space of 24 hours, i'm just wondering how the app knows when the buyer receives the item, as it says the money will be transferred to me once they have received it?

On the other hand, I haven't sold anything on Depop but have bought a few items.

Which app is the best for selling?

The buyer receives the item and marks it as received on the app then you will be transferred the money. If they don't mark it as received after so long Vinted will automatically mark it as received and you will get the money. If a while has passed and I know they will have it I drop them a polite message checking.
There is already a thread on here for selling on Vinted which you might find useful ☺

Reactions: 3
I’ve sold so much more on Vinted compared to Depop. I find I have to price things slightly lower though, or accept more offers.

Reactions: 1
Never used Depop, but I've been using Vinted about a month now and have sold a fair amount.

I agree that you don't generally get a lot for your items though. I've not listed anything for more than a tenner, and thats the most (singular purchase) I've ever received for an old Topshop dress.

One thing that drives me mad though, why do people select a bundle and then not end up making the purchase!? 😂 It's happened to me quite a few times now!

Reactions: 7
Definitely had a great time selling on Vinted, I just find it unbelievable how so many people have the most ridiculous requests and no shame in asking them 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Definitely had a great time selling on Vinted, I just find it unbelievable how so many people have the most ridiculous requests and no shame in asking them 😆
Haha same here. Or people who ask for a refund off a £1 item, as there was a tiny hole that I hadn't even noticed! 🙄

Reactions: 2
Haha same here. Or people who ask for a refund off a £1 item, as there was a tiny hole that I hadn't even noticed! 🙄
The offers people make are actually ridiculous. I had someone start being so cocky sending thumbs up to me because I wouldn't sell them 2 Armani tops for £3

The other day someone brought 2 pairs of jeans which I had on for £1 each, as a bundle so they got money off. Then she was messaging telling me to charge her for a small parcel not a medium 😆 I said I don't have the option to change that, and she started instructing me how to change the parcel size :LOL: I know how to do it but you're buying 2 pairs of jeans so Vinted hasn't given the small parcel option.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
The offers people make are actually ridiculous. I had someone start being so cocky sending thumbs up to me because I wouldn't sell them 2 Armani tops for £3

The other day someone brought 2 pairs of jeans which I had on for £1 each, as a bundle so they got money off. Then she was messaging telling me to charge her for a small parcel not a medium 😆 I said I don't have the option to change that, and she started instructing me how to change the parcel size :LOL: I know how to do it but you're buying 2 pairs of jeans so Vinted hasn't given the small parcel option.
Omg! Haven't had anyone that particular, thankfully, but plenty of lower offers and people asking me to measure bust sizes 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I put a brand new Zara top on today, cos £12 so I put it on for £8. Someone messaged me a load of questions about it which I answered and then said “I’d be willing to pay £3, let me know as I can pay now”

Erm, no?! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I put a brand new Zara top on today, cos £12 so I put it on for £8. Someone messaged me a load of questions about it which I answered and then said “I’d be willing to pay £3, let me know as I can pay now”

Erm, no?! 😂
Sounds like a car boot sale! I remember having a twice used Simpsons apron for 50p and someone wanted to pay 5p 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Sounds like a car boot sale! I remember having a twice used Simpsons apron for 50p and someone wanted to pay 5p 😂
Haha Vinted really does remind me of a car boot sale! I've only ever done 1 car booty, and I remember people rummaging in my boot, as soon as I opened it! 🙈

Oh I've just remembered the very first day I uploaded items to sell (about 3 hours in, to be precise), someone sent me an email enquiring about an item. When I said I would be unable to post it until 2 days later, they replied "ok then, wait wait wait" 😭😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve made a lot of money on Vinted this last month having a huge clear out, but it always surprises me what actually sells and what doesn’t. I couldn’t sell a couple of really cheaply priced scamp and dude bits, but sold some old pj’s. People massively take the piss with the offers though, mad offers. If an item is £5 you can guarantee they will ask you a million questions that are already in the listing then ask you to sell it for £1 🤦‍♀️
I have a strict 2 week rule though, after a week I will reduce, two weeks I either eBay/market place or charity shop it. Otherwise it just hangs around annoying me.

Reactions: 10
Anyone know how to get the QR code/6 digit code on the Evri Print at home label? It says online that I can print at the shop but the codes I have dont scan? I only started selling yesterday so new to Vinted but sold quite a bit already!

Anyone know how to get the QR code/6 digit code on the Evri Print at home label? It says online that I can print at the shop but the codes I have dont scan? I only started selling yesterday so new to Vinted but sold quite a bit already!
You can’t print in shop with Vinted etc, it’s only for big brands like ASOS returns. I feel your pain, I don’t have a printer :(

Reactions: 1
You can’t print in shop with Vinted etc, it’s only for big brands like ASOS returns. I feel your pain, I don’t have a printer :(
😮 really?! thats so annoying. says on the instructions that you can print in store if the store has that facility (my local one does)

😮 really?! thats so annoying. says on the instructions that you can print in store if the store has that facility (my local one does)
Yeah I thought that too but when you go to the machine it only lets you select the big brands I think- let me know if you have any luck! :)

I feel awful but does anyone know what happens if you buy something from vinted and then don’t collect it and let it get returned to the seller? I ordered something and the seller has taken longer than anticipated to send it. It’s been posted now but I no longer need it. Will I get a refund if I just let it get sent back to her without collecting it?

I pick custom postage, free hand the labels and send Royal Mail. Mostly clothing, I set postage to £3.35 which is 2nd class. If you're sending larger things then RM may get expensive.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.