Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so annoyed! I paid an extra £1 odds to send something first class yesterday as the buyer had picked Royal Mail 2nd class (the only RM option) and I wanted to make sure they got it before the strikes happen tomorrow so I could get my money faster. I told them this and all I got was "oh god I hope it arrives" - just checked the tracking and the plonker wasn't in when they tried to deliver!!!

It was a £35 sale and the sooner it's delivered the sooner I get the money so I am really fucked off.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
I am so annoyed! I paid an extra £1 odds to send something first class yesterday as the buyer had picked Royal Mail 2nd class (the only RM option) and I wanted to make sure they got it before the strikes happen tomorrow so I could get my money faster. I told them this and all I got was "oh god I hope it arrives" - just checked the tracking and the plonker wasn't in when they tried to deliver!!!

It was a £35 sale and the sooner it's delivered the sooner I get the money so I am really fucked off.
That’s so annoying! I paid extra too to send something today, she paid on Tuesday night but I couldn’t send til today cos I was away (kept her updated on this) and sent today early afternoon, about 36 hours after sale and said I paid a bit extra to make sure she got it (but pointed out it was my fault really) and all I got back was ‘just glad it’s coming’ 😂🤦‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
My 1st yodel issue has arisen. Went to collect 2 parcels today. They are insisting only 1 is there and they checked again in front of me. Yodel have text an emailed to say these 2 parcels are there. I've checked on my messages on vinted but no other messages apart from the one I've recieved today are saying they are ready to collect etc. I'm picking up my inpost parcel tomorrow. Put loads up today and 2 items sold straight away. Others are getting a healthy amount of favourites. So glad I found this thread. My very own vinted sounding board lol.

Reactions: 1
That’s so annoying! I paid extra too to send something today, she paid on Tuesday night but I couldn’t send til today cos I was away (kept her updated on this) and sent today early afternoon, about 36 hours after sale and said I paid a bit extra to make sure she got it (but pointed out it was my fault really) and all I got back was ‘just glad it’s coming’ 😂🤦‍♀️
I feel for you but you do have 5 working days to send it. Please don't pay extra for the sake of the buyer. I try to send things asap but if I can't then I just keep them updated and send within the allowed timeframe. People don't mind! (Well the nice people don't mind lol)

Reactions: 5
I feel for you but you do have 5 working days to send it. Please don't pay extra for the sake of the buyer. I try to send things asap but if I can't then I just keep them updated and send within the allowed timeframe. People don't mind! (Well the nice people don't mind lol)
thank you I’m still learning the ropes, going forward I won’t feel bad for not posting same/next day, just hope she doesn't give me bad feedback! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve just bought a beauty product and the seller is messaging me with step by step details of the postage, think they’re worried about me receiving it as she’s asked me to let her know when I get it.
Or…she’s on this thread 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I sold my third item. Vinted balance is almost £11 for items. Accepted £4 for a print when it was listed for £6. Told them about the strikes.

I didn't know about the 5 day thing either and have always dispatched the next day.

Reactions: 3
thank you I’m still learning the ropes, going forward I won’t feel bad for not posting same/next day, just hope she doesn't give me bad feedback! Xx
I always try to give an idea of when I can get round to posting and then always post before or on the day I said. Buyers don't seem to mind 😊 x

Reactions: 2
Put some high end items up last night. The amount of offers I've got for like half of what I'm asking for is a joke. Had one of them make me 2 offers. No I've already listed them very cheap for what they are as it is!!!

The stuff I sent with Evri on Wednesday seems to all be ready to be collected today. Desperately need the funds so hopefully everyone picks up their stuff quickly.

Reactions: 3
Just a word of warning ⚠ if you try and get customer services on bunted to help you they won’t
Thank goodness my buyer was understanding and pinged me the money via PayPal
We both started to receive threatening emails from customer services because we both asked for their help ie to keep open the sale so I could get paid
They just didn’t understand what we were both asking

• Wow
  • Heart
How can this be on sale for £100😳 Surely you’d be better selling it through Vestiaire or similar?!
What the hell is it?

Someone sent me a stupid offer for something, I declined, and now they've offered me the same amount again!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
I know walked socks can be expensive, but I can't imagine buying second hand used ones

there were some listed the other day that had yellow stains on them :sick:

• Haha
I know walked socks can be expensive, but I can't imagine buying second hand used ones

there were some listed the other day that had yellow stains on them :sick:
Two things I draw the line at buying "preloved" and socks is one. Pants is obviously the other lol

• Haha
What the hell is it?

Someone sent me a stupid offer for something, I declined, and now they've offered me the same amount again!!
Sorry, tit pic😂 it’s a £2500 dress, brand new with tags

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.