Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dipdab

VIP Member
Some one just left me a review saying “nice item but package had too much tape” 🙃. Picky much 🤷‍♀️ I don’t even excessively use tape so no idea why they put that

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
I am addicted to Vinted, but I can't get over the amount of people who sell stuff with holes and rips in, covered in stains.

"Perfect condition. Just need a needle and thread and a bit of vanish and it'll be good as new x"

"Lovely item, just needs the sleeves sewing back on and I don't have time rn"

"Blouse has wine stain on front (pictured) hence price"

"Missing belt and I can't find the second trouser leg"

"Gorgeous navy blue bag with tassel detail (no strap)"

"Beautiful ivory lace chiffon dress, just chewed by the dog all along the hem but doesn't affect use x"

What's wrong with people 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 21

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Haha, I came across this last night and was nearly sick, I had to screenshot it and sent it to my friend … like, why?!

9AC01A69-748A-4506-B2D6-7F00A73C2936.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I put a brand new Zara top on today, cos £12 so I put it on for £8. Someone messaged me a load of questions about it which I answered and then said “I’d be willing to pay £3, let me know as I can pay now”

Erm, no?! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

bongsandstuff

Chatty Member
Purchased a £10 item on vinted and the seller seemed lovely, told me they’d post asap. 5 days passed and nothing so vinted refunded me. Then woke up to a message from the seller the next day to say that they’re sorry they’ve been busy etc and if I purchased again they’d send it the same day! I liked the item so I agreed to purchase again and then soon after she deleted the listing. I asked if she was still selling and she said she didn’t want to sell it that cheap. Why put a price if you didn’t want to sell it for that? So weird🫠

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
3C618EFF-FFE9-4BE6-B6B0-AE1C9CC836DB.jpeg

Yay my new boots arrived! These were a complete bargain. I think all in I paid £25 for these? Brand new with box. I’m going to kasabian next weekend so il hopefully have them broken in before them. Completely chuffed as I’ve wanted a white pair for ages but didn’t want to pay for them full price because il likely only wear them a handful of times.

:)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

Zulkraa

VIP Member
I put a brand new Zara top on today, cos £12 so I put it on for £8. Someone messaged me a load of questions about it which I answered and then said “I’d be willing to pay £3, let me know as I can pay now”

Erm, no?! 😂
Sounds like a car boot sale! I remember having a twice used Simpsons apron for 50p and someone wanted to pay 5p 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

bongsandstuff

Chatty Member
I don’t understand why people expect things for pennies🫠 had someone message me on depop before asking me to give her a brand new pyjama set for free😳 she was like I don’t have any money🫤 neither do I that’s why I’m selling my items🥲 the cheek of people😴

I couldn’t quite believe it!😮😳

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

Dipdab

VIP Member
I just wait it out. Often you get refunded and then they try pipe up with excuses. Someone made a stupid offer on something the other day and I sent an offer of £1 less then I'm asking for. Today she has once again sent me another stupid offer. What doesn't register with these people?
I’m selling 2 new with tags baby Xmas vests for £2. Someone keeps offering £1.75. Hun just pay the extra 25p I’m not backing down 😂😂

• Haha

Dipdab

VIP Member
This thread has put me off downloading Vinted and selling/buying 😂
I haven’t had issues so far *touch wood* 🤞🏻. Only a couple of parcels not arrive but that’s inpost’s fault …

I’m shocked at the amount of baby clothes people try and sell at a high price which are covered in stains or holes. I won’t share the pic but last night I saw this cute white romper and the description said “brown stain on back which May come out with bleach” 🤮 erm no thanks. And it was on for £4 l. An asda romper with a poo stain 😫😫

• Sick
  • Haha

HoGi

VIP Member
Some one just left me a review saying “nice item but package had too much tape” 🙃. Picky much 🤷‍♀️ I don’t even excessively use tape so no idea why they put that
I would be passive aggressive and reply to the review with "Sorry for packaging your item well"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Bought a “worn once” dress last week. It came covered in food marks (I hope it was food but the colour and location leave questions 😳) and stinking of stale smoke. Left honest feedback saying delivery was fast but the dress was dirty. The seller responded saying “sorry you’re not happy getting a bargain dress that’s only been worn once!! 😡😡” ok hun but I paid your asking price and at least wash something you’re selling as “excellent condition only worn once”? 😂 it’s not just me is it? You’d stick something through the wash between wearing it and selling it, right?

• Sick
  • Wow

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Whoop. £200 balance! Messaged buyer in the end and explained I was stuck until they marked it. They were new so presume they hadn’t realised. Balance sent to account and. A bit more in the holiday spends ❤

• Heart
  • Wow

soph30

VIP Member
I got a message on a dating app last night just saying “More pics”? Felt like a Depop/Vinted item :( :)

• Haha
  • Heart

pingpingpie

I have had loads of success on Vinted both buying and selling, but then this week someone sold me a cashmere jumper. When it arrived it was tiny - it had clearly been shrunk in the wash. Checked the tag and it said size 14 - it was marketed as a size 6 so obviously been shrunk and marketed as a small size. It honestly wouldn’t fit a child. The cashmere has gone also horribly scratchy and tight as a result, and it’s misshapen so I’ll have to bin it.

Needless to say the seller won’t refund me unless I post the item back, but it was only a few quid so it’s not worth the postage. All she said was ‘what do you expect for a few pounds?’. 😡

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

quinzel

VIP Member
I’m wearing a top to the office today that arrived from Vinted yesterday. I washed it last night and I was in such a rush this morning I thought nothing of it and just wore it. It has a smell at one of the arm pits 🤢😢 I feel minging and might go out at lunch to buy a new top lol.

• Sad
  • Sick

teddy19

VIP Member
Prepare for a long one

I sent some Veja trainers worth £110 that i’d wore literally a handful of times to a lady about a month ago. Thought she was weird to sell to at the time as the picture showed they were in good as new condition but after I accepted her offer (£55 instead of £65 like listed for) she said ‘are they in good condition, they look a bit tired?’ bare in mind she said this MINUTES after purchasing, I would ask this before?

Anyway, sent them the day later with inpost, they were delayed this whole time. I checked the tracker daily, messaged the women to keep checking in and eventually spent 20 minutes on hold to inpost to chase who confirmed she would have them by the 11th Oct

Got to the 10th and the buyer has reported them missing, the first day Vinted would allow. Now why couldn’t she wait 1 day like inpost confirmed

Low and behold I get a notification on the 11th to say they were delivered to her locker at 4.30pm. By 7pm she had collected them!

Absolutely no notification to me or via vinted that she has them and all ok, I messaged to 3 times to ask if she has them!! Totally ignored for over 24 hours

Anyway shes now replied, ‘Yes I have them, they’re in horrible condition’ !!!!

Where do I stand with this? Im absolutely fuming. I couldn’t have done enough or been politer to this women and shes trying to scam me of £55. Feel sick. I would never do this to somebody

• Sad
  • Angry

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Had someone offer 1.25£ for a £1.50 baby jumper. Like what’s the point just pay the extra 25p. It’s already a bargain as I brought it for £15 new and it was worn once 🫠

Facebook is also full of chancers! I was giving away something for FREE and said you must collect. The amount of messages I got asking if I would deliver 😤 no if you want it you come and collect it.
I've had this 'please can you deliver as I don't know where your located'.. no. 'Oh ok could you come meet me'..no. 2 days later 'hi can I come collect'. I had another one before I wanted £10 for some stuff and told her I wouldn't accept less. She eventually agreed. Then she turned up at my house with £8 in change. 'I haven't been able to get to a cash point'. Ma'am I live on this dead end, 1 way road and know you'd have had to have walked past the cashpoint at the shop to get to me. Made her go to cashpoint and run me my £10 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart