Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know what boils my piss with vinted. You favourite something and immediately they start hounding the inbox with price cuts and 'did you want to buy?' Or 'do you have any questions'. If I wanted to buy I'd click buy now and if I had questions I'd have asked.

Reactions: 9
My parcel is out for delivery....again. Can't remember if 4th or 5th time now. Either way I'll expect it to update shortly as back at the senders local depot. Can't even claim on Vinted until the 7th October!

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know why Vinted is telling me I have 1 message to read but there's nothing there? I'm definitely up to date on my message and it's driving me nuts!

Reactions: 1
Another gripe with Vinted. One of my first items I used a stock picture from the brands website and my item got taken down by Vinted as I didn’t realise you couldn’t do this. Copyright or something? Never had a problem doing this on eBay. Anyhow, I’ve since noticed loads of sellers doing this and getting away with it😤

Does anyone know why Vinted is telling me I have 1 message to read but there's nothing there? I'm definitely up to date on my message and it's driving me nuts!
Mine has just done this, you need to click on the messages that are in blue and the notification disappears x

Last edited:
Another 2 days to wait until I can claim my money back from my lost item. The rest I have to wait until mid October. On the bright side least I know I'll get my money and that's the aim of the game 😂.

There is also a glitch every now and then where it does this and nothing you do gets rid. Just randomly goes one day lol

Now another one 'hi you still interested' ffs I favourited something like 3 weeks ago why am I receiving nuisance spam messages like this?

Another gripe with Vinted. One of my first items I used a stock picture from the brands website and my item got taken down by Vinted as I didn’t realise you couldn’t do this. Copyright or something? Never had a problem doing this on eBay. Anyhow, I’ve since noticed loads of sellers doing this and getting away with it😤
This happened to me too! If you crop the pictures it tends to work though.

• Heart
You know what boils my piss with vinted. You favourite something and immediately they start hounding the inbox with price cuts and 'did you want to buy?' Or 'do you have any questions'. If I wanted to buy I'd click buy now and if I had questions I'd have asked.
Any chance this is a designer item? I am convinced that these are sellers trying to sell fake stuff. I had a few of these msgs for Tiffany items. You have the option to not notify sellers if you have favourited their item btw.

Any chance this is a designer item? I am convinced that these are sellers trying to sell fake stuff. I had a few of these msgs for Tiffany items. You have the option to not notify sellers if you have favourited their item btw.
Oh I didn't know that I'll have to sort it in my settings! No it's always just random stuff. I just wouldn't dream of hounding people to buy my stuff. If they want it they wouldn't need me sending repeated messages and offers lol.

Oh I didn't know that I'll have to sort it in my settings! No it's always just random stuff. I just wouldn't dream of hounding people to buy my stuff. If they want it they wouldn't need me sending repeated messages and offers lol.
Ah ok. The reason why I was thinking about designer stuff was because I liked a Tiffany bracelet from two different sellers. One messaged to ask if I wanted it.

The description didn't mention the size so I asked what size the bracelet is. I was convinced it'll be too big as my wrist is tiny AF. The first seller said they didn't know and asked what I needed and the bracelet happened to be the right size. I was suspicious 🤷🏻‍♀️.

The other seller also messaged me the exact same thing saying they don't know what size the bracelet is but they will check. But if you look at the wordings it is the exact same. So there is either one person trying to sell loads through diff accounts and too lazy to type it out differently each time, or there are lots of them copying scripts 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Attachments

• Wow
Evri parcel shop orders I sent on Monday have already been delivered and received by the buyers. But the ones I sent last week are saying oct 8th delivery. What’s going onnnn

• Wow
Ah ok. The reason why I was thinking about designer stuff was because I liked a Tiffany bracelet from two different sellers. One messaged to ask if I wanted it.

The description didn't mention the size so I asked what size the bracelet is. I was convinced it'll be too big as my wrist is tiny AF. The first seller said they didn't know and asked what I needed and the bracelet happened to be the right size. I was suspicious 🤷🏻‍♀️.

The other seller also messaged me the exact same thing saying they don't know what size the bracelet is but they will check. But if you look at the wordings it is the exact same. So there is either one person trying to sell loads through diff accounts and too lazy to type it out differently each time, or there are lots of them copying scripts 🤷🏻‍♀️.
I see multiple accounts posting the same high end items all the time. I report them lol. I report people selling knock off things and trying to pass them off as real. Only buy or sell more pricey things from people with lots of reviews and people you can see from clues in the background of pics aren't hard up and don't need to scam people for the sake of X amount. Also not sure how the ajfid827b accounts with zero reviews are still able to scam anyone. Surely you'd check out the profile regardless but specially if buying something more expensive.

My hokey cokey parcel arrived at the parcelshop!!! Its a miracle day for all 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Selling a designer jacket for CHEAP. Just got a message asking for it for nearly half the price I've asked for 'I'll buy today'. Don't even want to dignify with a reply but also raging at the cheek.

Reactions: 4
Had someone saying they wanted to buy a bundle, I said what size parcel and they’ve not bought it yet, I messaged them to ask if everything was okay with the postage and she was just like yea that’s fine hun xx so are you gonna buy it then or 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Had someone saying they wanted to buy a bundle, I said what size parcel and they’ve not bought it yet, I messaged them to ask if everything was okay with the postage and she was just like yea that’s fine hun xx so are you gonna buy it then or 🤣🤣
I get the odd one of these but say 8/10 they do end up buying. I've got a load of stuff to upload. I don't know where all this stuff comes from cause all I am ever doing is clearing my house out lol. Got a bag full for the charity shop as well.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.