Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been selling baby clothes on Vinted and then using any profit to buy the next size up. So sort of using it as a swapping site! If anyone has twins there’s a great hidden “clothes for twins” section!

is anyone having issues with in post lockers? I’ve got 2 near my house and they’re always full! I’ve also been waiting to collect a parcel for 2 weeks now brought a jumpsuit for an event that’s been and gone 😩

Reactions: 5
I’ve been selling baby clothes on Vinted and then using any profit to buy the next size up. So sort of using it as a swapping site! If anyone has twins there’s a great hidden “clothes for twins” section!

is anyone having issues with in post lockers? I’ve got 2 near my house and they’re always full! I’ve also been waiting to collect a parcel for 2 weeks now brought a jumpsuit for an event that’s been and gone 😩
Yeah they’re have real issues at the moment 🥲🥲

Reactions: 2

That’s what I’m doing but I’m having a mare with postage 😂

In post is terrible, I’ve got something I ordered 3 weeks ago that I still can’t pick up, she’ll be in the next size up before I get it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Got loads of issues with items sold and bought with inpost. Absolute mayhem. Gotta wait another 2 or so weeks to start seeing refunds 😡.

Got loads of issues with items sold and bought with inpost. Absolute mayhem. Gotta wait another 2 or so weeks to start seeing refunds 😡.
If In-post lose the parcel/fail to deliver both you and the seller will be compensated. But I agree, the delivery time frame that Vinted give is really long (I think it’s about a month), especially when you consider that most of the carriers consider an item lost after about 10-14 days!

If In-post lose the parcel/fail to deliver both you and the seller will be compensated. But I agree, the delivery time frame that Vinted give is really long (I think it’s about a month), especially when you consider that most of the carriers consider an item lost after about 10-14 days!
Yeah its such a pain in the arse waiting. I like to use my vinted balance to pay for stuff on there I want to buy to save me dipping into my bank account but I'm fuming. Had 4 sales clear other day (all posted via yodel). My sales have really slowed past few days even though I'm getting more favourites then ever and new followers.

Through Vinted I can only post via Royal Mail and I’ve turned all the other postage options off but it doesn’t let you turn off the UPS postage?? I haven’t listed anything yet as I’m worried someone will select the UPS option.

Reactions: 1
I am LIVID. Ordered my kids a little something. Woman messages me yday saying she would post after the school run today. She's just cancelled with the reason 'not got time to send the order'. What's the point???

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Through Vinted I can only post via Royal Mail and I’ve turned all the other postage options off but it doesn’t let you turn off the UPS postage?? I haven’t listed anything yet as I’m worried someone will select the UPS option.
Maybe add in your description that you only use royal mail? Hopefully people will read.

Ahhh I'm still waiting on my items that has been shipped by the seller about 13 days ago. I asked for it to be shipped to the locker near me so I'm not confident I'll get it at all as I bet all lockers have been full for ages. I am willing to wait though as I had an amazing bargain on these items. I don't want it to be considered lost!

I am LIVID. Ordered my kids a little something. Woman messages me yday saying she would post after the school run today. She's just cancelled with the reason 'not got time to send the order'. What's the point???
That's ridiculous! If you're listing stuff on there, you should be prepared to make extra time to send stuff! I'm lucky I live less than 5 mins walk to the Evri drop and 5 mins drive from the Yodel drop and Post office so can post stuff really quickly, but to cancel an order saying you don't have time to send it is crazy.

That's ridiculous! If you're listing stuff on there, you should be prepared to make extra time to send stuff! I'm lucky I live less than 5 mins walk to the Evri drop and 5 mins drive from the Yodel drop and Post office so can post stuff really quickly, but to cancel an order saying you don't have time to send it is crazy.
Wouldn't of been so bad if 12 hrs previous she'd reassured me she would be doing it in the morning. 😂 why are people like this?

• Haha
Wouldn't of been so bad if 12 hrs previous she'd reassured me she would be doing it in the morning. 😂 why are people like this?

A girl did this to me the other week it baffled me 😂 Told me she was going to post it in the morning, then didn't, I got the email to say I'd be getting a refund from Vinted because the seller hadn't posted in time. A few days later I get a message from the seller asking me if I want to buy them again because she had no way of printing a label last time but she does now. 😅 Why say tomorrow in the first place then

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Please help! Vinted newbie (spurred on by the successes on this thread 🙏🏼) & I just sold an item! When I click on the link at the bottom of the ‘confirm sale & fill out the form for funds’ message, I put in my bank card details then it asks for exact balance. I’m probably being really thick but is that much I sold the item for?! TIA

Nah that’s damn right lazy! I pack and drop off mine when the kids are in bed. Id be so annoyed too!

Please help! Vinted newbie (spurred on by the successes on this thread 🙏🏼) & I just sold an item! When I click on the link at the bottom of the ‘confirm sale & fill out the form for funds’ message, I put in my bank card details then it asks for exact balance. I’m probably being really thick but is that much I sold the item for?! TIA
Sounds like a scam to me...! Can you share a screenshot of the chat page (hiding details of course) but there's alot of scammers targeting new sellers to get their card details...and bank details...!

Taken off the vinted forum as one of the many examples of scams just to get your details. Vinted will always email you confirming a sale and the chat page will have a "get shipping label" button which also gets emailed. Anything else is a scam...

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Sounds like a scam to me...! Can you share a screenshot of the chat page (hiding details of course) but there's alot of scammers targeting new sellers to get their card details...and bank details...!
I wondered if it was dodgy because it says you’re leaving Vinted & should transact thru Vinted but when click on the link the logo is on the page & it looks like Vinted but hackers always make it look real don’t they!

Attachments

Reactions: 3

Taken off the vinted forum as one of the many examples of scams just to get your details. Vinted will always email you confirming a sale and the chat page will have a "get shipping label" button which also gets emailed. Anything else is a scam...
That’s grand, thank you for sharing how it works! Nothing is straightforward nowadays 🙄

Reactions: 5
That’s grand, thank you for sharing how it works! Nothing is straightforward nowadays 🙄
They're targeting new sellers - the forums within the app are helpful but it will be clear when it's an actual sale - you'll have a pending amount in your balance, it will show under the "orders" tab. Vinted will never ever send a link for your bank or card details ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.