Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone on vinted is getting hounded by someone for no reasons 100’s of emojis and irrelevant messages and the seller said ‘every regret selling to someone?’ And someone has commented

‘Some replies he (?) is quoting Only Fools & Horses… he could have a learning difficulty …
Insensitivity is baffling me in this group!’

as if the seller hadn’t responded to him politely already more times than she needed🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
All this drama in the Facebook groups is almost making me consider signing up for an account again!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Someone on vinted is getting hounded by someone for no reasons 100’s of emojis and irrelevant messages and the seller said ‘every regret selling to someone?’ And someone has commented

‘Some replies he (?) is quoting Only Fools & Horses… he could have a learning difficulty …

as if the seller hadn’t responded to him politely already more times than she needed🤣
Which group is this in? I am in two but can't see it.

Do list Evri parcels ever turn up? One of mine got lost before it got checked in to the hub (not sure if that’s the correct phrase) before Christmas and it’s been lost ever since! Very sad about it too as it was a bargain
We had a very expensive* parcel get "lost" by Evri before Christmas (we'd raised a ticket and they came back saying so sorry it's lost) so we got in touch with the seller who said it was just "delayed" on their end and lo and behold it gets delivered 2 days later. It's like they just cba and claim as lost until a seller gets involved.

* sadly evri was the only courier option and it was coming from abroad.

Reactions: 2
An odd conspiracy theory of mine but does anyone notice you’ll search something obscure like ‘topshop dress’ and an old one from 2013 shows up and you remember it because you owned it 10 years ago / looked at it.. then two days later when you search again, everyone’s suddenly selling that exact same obscure dress out of the millions of dresses that brand sold?! And then all the newly listed dresses for topshop are that one dress. I thought at one point maybe it was couples listing the same items with different pics to try and sell it faster but it can’t be in that sheer number.

I’m convinced someone sees Helen from Plymouth flogging her black bandage bodycon dress from the AW 2012 collection and they decide to get that out the loft and follow suit

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
the one next to mine it is literally just endless amounts of these cages so it’s just luck if anyone takes yours out for the day. Theres a few parcels that don’t go on the app so when you go to deliver you can’t so you have to take them back to the depo which is where i think some are getting either stolen or flung back to the bottom to the pile
Yeah not Vinted I know but I get a lot of desirable branded returns missing like adidas etc that would appeal to warehouse staff probs 😠 🛍

Reactions: 1
I’m a bit annoyed guys, I sold a t shirt on vinted (£4), and I posted a picture of the label which said “S/P/CH”, which I’ve googled and stands for a women’s small/petite. I already know it’s a women’s small (approx size 8), because I bought it from the women’s section.

a lady purchased it, she was really nice etc but once she got it, she left me a nasty review saying “it’s not suitable for a 23 year old woman” and is a “small child’s t shirt”. She’s ticked everything is okay though. I’ve responded to it saying I posted the label on the listing and it’s for women. She ruined my 5* streak though ☹ felt like replying I’m 25 and it fits me, fatso 😭

• Haha
I’m a bit annoyed guys, I sold a t shirt on vinted (£4), and I posted a picture of the label which said “S/P/CH”, which I’ve googled and stands for a women’s small/petite. I already know it’s a women’s small (approx size 8), because I bought it from the women’s section.

a lady purchased it, she was really nice etc but once she got it, she left me a nasty review saying “it’s not suitable for a 23 year old woman” and is a “small child’s t shirt”. She’s ticked everything is okay though. I’ve responded to it saying I posted the label on the listing and it’s for women. She ruined my 5* streak though ☹ felt like replying I’m 25 and it fits me, fatso 😭
respond and tell her, her diet is not your problem

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How is everyone else finding selling? Vinted has been good, eBay so so but SO many daft bastards that don’t pay (including one that kept bidding on all my items then not paying) on there and Depop dead other than some really obscure sales on things I’ve had listed for ages that makes me still put the odd bit on there.

Reactions: 3
How is everyone else finding selling? Vinted has been good, eBay so so but SO many daft bastards that don’t pay (including one that kept bidding on all my items then not paying) on there and Depop dead other than some really obscure sales on things I’ve had listed for ages that makes me still put the odd bit on there.
Exactly the same, I don’t even bother listing on depop anymore, eBay is too complicated for me lol. I like vinted but people want stuff for *cheap*. Like really cheap, and they will haggle you for 50p 😅 it also bothers me that I can’t sell cosmetics or perfumes etc on there. I have so many lipsticks I’ve just swatched or palettes I’ve only used once and they always take the listings down

Exactly the same, I don’t even bother listing on depop anymore, eBay is too complicated for me lol. I like vinted but people want stuff for *cheap*. Like really cheap, and they will haggle you for 50p 😅 it also bothers me that I can’t sell cosmetics or perfumes etc on there. I have so many lipsticks I’ve just swatched or palettes I’ve only used once and they always take the listings down
Ah don’t, I posted a zara tracksuit for £8, that others are selling for £20+ and someone offered me £4, I declined, then they offered £5 which I declined then they messaged me saying they wanted to wear Saturday and so could I post the next day which i said yes to, and they went “great what’s the lowest you’ll accept” umm if you want the tracksuit sent immediately you will pay full price love.
I’ve only worn the thing once too, was just too short in the leg for me. Thank god someone else bought it while I was sleeping.

honestly! I might just stop using Depop for a bit and pop anything that doesn’t sell in a few months on there

---

Ah don’t, I posted a zara tracksuit for £8, that others are selling for £20+ and someone offered me £4, I declined, then they offered £5 which I declined then they messaged me saying they wanted to wear Saturday and so could I post the next day which i said yes to, and they went “great what’s the lowest you’ll accept” umm if you want the tracksuit sent immediately you will pay full price love.
I’ve only worn the thing once too, was just too short in the leg for me. Thank god someone else bought it while I was sleeping.
I had similar tonight! £250 shoes (don’t judge my poor financial choices) that are literally brand new in the box, never worn because they made me look like I had cankles (spoiler alert: I still look like I have cankles) so I’ve decided to bang them on for £50 just to see if they shift before I lose my post illness weight and stop looking like I have the legs of a rhino. But I’m not arsed if I don’t sell if you know what I mean. Some tosser keeps sending me offers over and over today much lower when I’ve politely explained over and over that £50 is my bottom line 🥲

Reactions: 3
I love it when that happens... stealth buyers for the win!

Reactions: 1

I hate that stuff like this is becoming a normal response, like yeah he COULD have a learning difficulty or…he could just be a weirdo??

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hey guys, would like some advice. I bought a coat off Depop and realised there is a mark on it when it was described as ‘like new’. Is it likely I’ll be refunded if I open a case?

The Vinted Facebook groups are giving me life. Someone’s complaining tonight that she received 3 star feedback because the item she sent was smelly. Maybe wash or febreeze it before expecting someone to pay money for your shite if it’s humming 💀

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.