Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Vinted Facebook groups are giving me life. Someone’s complaining tonight that she received 3 star feedback because the item she sent was smelly. Maybe wash or febreeze it before expecting someone to pay money for your shite if it’s humming 💀
I seen this. Someone wouldn’t write it was smelly, but they washed it and it was fine for no reason. If they were a complainer surely they’d be asking for a refund or raising a case.

I seen this. Someone wouldn’t write it was smelly, but they washed it and it was fine for no reason. If they were a complainer surely they’d be asking for a refund or raising a case.
did you see someone say that sometimes people’s clothes smell when they wear them a lot?! I get a little bit of a household smell, especially if you use a certain wash powder or cook a lot etc but surely you’d wash clothes before sending them 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 2
After getting a message saying I was near my limit on Vinted before I need to provide photo ID, I decided to check how much I’ve made. Since December 2021 I’ve made £830.64. duck knows where all that money has gone but everything I make in the next month with be used to update my passport so I can complete the ID check!

What’s everyone else made?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
After getting a message saying I was near my limit on Vinted before I need to provide photo ID, I decided to check how much I’ve made. Since December 2021 I’ve made £830.64. duck knows where all that money has gone but everything I make in the next month with be used to update my passport so I can complete the ID check!

Wow! That's amazing. I only started selling late last year and for about a month before I closed for Christmas, made around £250 then and £66 this week when I've just restarted selling.

Are they asking you to upload ID so they can notify HMRC when you've earnt over £1,000? I did read somewhere a while ago that you have to start paying tax over a certain amount there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

they may accept another form of ID if you don’t need the passport. Mine took 13 weeks to come😩x

Reactions: 1
Wow! That's amazing. I only started selling late last year and for about a month before I closed for Christmas, made around £250 then and £66 this week when I've just restarted selling.

Are they asking you to upload ID so they can notify HMRC when you've earnt over £1,000? I did read somewhere a while ago that you have to start paying tax over a certain amount there.
I got asked for ID at about the £200 mark.

Selling your own items is not classed as income and it would not be on vinted to declare it. If you were buying and selling for profit that’s different and I know a few resellers that have been banned from Vinted, and someone who was selling their own things but as most were new with tags vinted assumed reselling.

I think it’s more likely to be an anti-money laundering requirement or linked to that sort of thing

I’ve made the grand total of £9 in about two weeks 😂 I’ve only put a few things on though so far for a pound or 2. I’m putting it all aside and seeing how much I can make to put towards my babies first birthday.

Sorry if this had already been asked. Do you pay fees to sell in on Vinted? Like eBay and Depop. Thanks

Has anyone seen the woman who has requested a bundle from a woman with discounts on and then said she wants her to pay more and she doesn’t mind having discounts on for her other stuff but she doesn’t want them turned on for what the lady chose🤣🤣why not turn them off then 🤣

then someones arguing the toss about why she does the same

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sorry if this had already been asked. Do you pay fees to sell in on Vinted? Like eBay and Depop. Thanks
No fees on Vinted, but the posts on this thread make me think it’s not worth the anxiety! 🫣

Been following this thread as only been selling on Vinted the last two weeks. I’m happy with the £30 I’ve made on clothes that would otherwise have been given away 😅

On a side note, I recently renewed my passport and it only took a couple of weeks to receive (& I had to send off my marriage certificate for it). Also the cost is going up soon so may be worth doing sooner rather than later.

No fees on Vinted, but the posts on this thread make me think it’s not worth the anxiety! 🫣

I don't use depop, but I do use ebay and vinted.

For me, vinted means no fees but equally generally the price you get is lower and the customer service is usually pretty bad.

Ebay, more protection and generally higher sales value but my sales have flat lined and I was making £400 a month during covid.

I've made about £300 over the past year but have only done about 6 weeks active on the app for that.

I usually gather all my sale bits up, finally get round to taking pics and advertising, sell lots, get overwhelmed with all the orders, get them posted and hide away in holiday mode then repeat.

I have posted a few bits yesterday, sold 3 things, £29 in pending balance so far. Need to keep on top of packing them up same day as they are bought.

I've only just started selling on Vinted. I have £20 cleared and £68 pending so pretty pleased with that. I find it stressful waiting on the item arriving with the person though. It seems very slow.

I'm a bit annoyed that someone who pushed for a bundle isn't confirming receipt so I need to wait for the few days before payment clears 😒

I've only just started selling on Vinted. I have £20 cleared and £68 pending so pretty pleased with that. I find it stressful waiting on the item arriving with the person though. It seems very slow.

I'm a bit annoyed that someone who pushed for a bundle isn't confirming receipt so I need to wait for the few days before payment clears 😒
message them they may not know, vinted isn’t very proactive with pushing it x

Ugh I’m so over people begging for discounts! I’m selling a £13 item, this girl asked for £1 to be taken off so she can afford the postage, I obliged and now she’s not buying it. Like hello, what else do you want?! Me giving it away for free?

Tallied it up and since December I’ve made £100ish on Depop, £600ish on Vinted and eBay says £320. EBay is full of tossers that bid and don’t pay though! All of this has probably been spent back on Vinted 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.