Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like I am such a pushover on Vinted and I hate it lol. I sell all my daughters pre loved outfits which have literally been worn once and they are in fantastic condition for £2 or there abouts just to get rid of them and get the most ridiculous offers for them, I hate not accepting them but then again I don’t know why they can’t just pay the £2 😖

Reactions: 2
I feel like I am such a pushover on Vinted and I hate it lol. I sell all my daughters pre loved outfits which have literally been worn once and they are in fantastic condition for £2 or there abouts just to get rid of them and get the most ridiculous offers for them, I hate not accepting them but then again I don’t know why they can’t just pay the £2 😖
I get where you’re coming from, it’s frustrating and a bit upsetting to see stuff youve spent a lot on sell for so little but with baby and kids stuff if it’s selling for say £4, plus the buyer protection fee, plus postage you’re looking at £9 ish which from the buyers point of view isn’t far off what a brand new item from a shop would be (and obviously there’s no risk of something from a shop not turning up/ being dirty/ more used than the seller said etc)

Reactions: 8
I get where you’re coming from, it’s frustrating and a bit upsetting to see stuff youve spent a lot on sell for so little but with baby and kids stuff if it’s selling for say £4, plus the buyer protection fee, plus postage you’re looking at £9 ish which from the buyers point of view isn’t far off what a brand new item from a shop would be (and obviously there’s no risk of something from a shop not turning up/ being dirty/ more used than the seller said etc)
Yes this is why I usually just get the £2 stuff or bundles cause once you add on the fees I could have got a few bits in the sales bits. I have never sent an offer tho when they are cheap.

@bogusgasman do you have a 2nd hand baby market locally? You pay a small fee for the table and can sell all your stuff there. I always go to them and the stuff usually sells for a bit more.

If anyone has boys Matalan and pound land always have joggers in the sale for £1-2.50 and they wash fine

Reactions: 1
Ahhh yeah I get that to be honest when you look at it that way 😩 xx

Yes this is why I usually just get the £2 stuff or bundles cause once you add on the fees I could have got a few bits in the sales bits. I have never sent an offer tho when they are cheap.

@bogusgasman do you have a 2nd hand baby market locally? You pay a small fee for the table and can sell all your stuff there. I always go to them and the stuff usually sells for a bit more.

If anyone has boys Matalan and pound land always have joggers in the sale for £1-2.50 and they wash fine
I haven’t actually looked in to this, I’m quite new to selling on Vinted but I’ll have a look into this thank you! Xx

I've got a box of boys summer stuff that won't fit my lad this year. Shall I whack it on now, or wait until the weather warms up a bit? I tend to buy a season ahead for the bargs but dunno if that's just me.

I've got a box of boys summer stuff that won't fit my lad this year. Shall I whack it on now, or wait until the weather warms up a bit? I tend to buy a season ahead for the bargs but dunno if that's just me.
I’ve been getting summer stuff now x

Stick it on, people will still be buying summer clothes for holidays abroad etc. You can still set it at the price you want and if people buy it then bonus, if they don’t then the box was still going to be in your house til summer anyway so it’s not taking up any room it wouldn’t have been before 😁

Reactions: 4
Thank you! I just didn't want it to fall down the pages when people search for summer stuff. I'll lost a few things and see how that goes. TBF all my winter kids stuff has stopped selling so I'm gonna take that to the charity shop. Clothes everywhere at the mo driving me mad!

Reactions: 3
I’m going to start selling some stuff on Vinted. I’m concerned about getting no views on items though. How can I avoid this happening? Any tips for a newbie?

I’m going to start selling some stuff on Vinted. I’m concerned about getting no views on items though. How can I avoid this happening? Any tips for a newbie?
Funny you say this, the last 3 items I’ve listed have had 0 views and that’s never happened to me before - I’d die before I pay to bump my stuff though, I’d end up making about 80p profit 😂😂

Funny you say this, the last 3 items I’ve listed have had 0 views and that’s never happened to me before - I’d die before I pay to bump my stuff though, I’d end up making about 80p profit 😂😂
What’s wrong with bumping? I always do it 😂 once I decide to sell something I want to get rid. I’ve only sold 5 items - bumping only cost me £4.xx and I made about £75, £70 less the bump fees.
I am about to put another lot of stuff on maybe I’ll try not bumping.

Bought something in December but got refunded as the seller didn't send it.

Sob story from seller (which is sad if genuine), asked if I still wanted and gave me three days that she could post. I bought it straight away

Message today to say I'm getting a refund as she's not sent it, again.

As soon as the refund is completed, I'm gonna use Lucy's block button!!

• Wow
Anyone seen the £2 post on Facebook. It’s ridiculous to me.
Would you bother raising a case with vinted over £2 difference in the posting? Just seems like a lot of agg to me.

Reactions: 4
I never got accepted for that one so cannot have a nose, what are the comments saying?
It’s a mix of people saying they’d expect it back and people saying they wouldn’t bother.
She messaged buyer and they haven’t replied yet (all on post) and so opened a case with vinted, they replied saying they can’t do a partial refund and should wait for seller and she’s gone back to them again.

personally I just think it’s load of stress for£2 especially since the seller hasn’t responded and might have sent her the money back 😂

It’s a mix of people saying they’d expect it back and people saying they wouldn’t bother.
She messaged buyer and they haven’t replied yet (all on post) and so opened a case with vinted, they replied saying they can’t do a partial refund and should wait for seller and she’s gone back to them again.

personally I just think it’s load of stress for£2 especially since the seller hasn’t responded and might have sent her the money back 😂
Some people are like that🤣🤣They have stopped the free parking in my area and people are saying they will just be driving the 10 miles to the next town for their free parking instead of paying the 50p🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Honestly I thought Tattle was full of people bitching about FA but the FB vinted groups are even worse. People on there will literally moan about anything. I just have to bite my tongue

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.