Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah thanks .. she's 12 years old and an adult size 7.5 lol. Dread to think where it will end. I got her some Vivienne Westwood jelly shoes for Christmas in their biggest size as a treat before that market ie. nice women's shoes becomes closed to her as it is for me! x
I ♥ the smell of the Vivienne Westwood jelly shoes 👃🏼 😂

Reactions: 1
Utter devastation.. someone’s posted my parcel (I think an older lady) to my postcode and town.. but haven’t put my house number or street on there so it’s probably not going to make it to me. No idea how they let her post it like that tbh.. I don’t think she’s even sent it recorded either 🤦‍♀️ does anyone know if we’ll be able to catch it somehow or if I’ll get my money back if it gets lost in the system? (I’m sure it will, it’s Royal Mail)

Hi all, I know it’s not strictly Vinted etc. but I ordered something from asos and all the in post lockers were full so I’ve been notified by Ervi they’re returning to asos - question is will they just refund me? Asos is useless and only gives info on self requested returns which it isn’t 😭
Apologies if not the right place to ask but I know you guys use in post etc a lot

Hi all, I know it’s not strictly Vinted etc. but I ordered something from asos and all the in post lockers were full so I’ve been notified by Ervi they’re returning to asos - question is will they just refund me? Asos is useless and only gives info on self requested returns which it isn’t 😭
Apologies if not the right place to ask but I know you guys use in post etc a lot
In my experience yes they do just give a refund... Which sometimes isn't helpful at all.

Reactions: 2
The worst! Especially if you had a special discount 😬

I once returned two pairs of shoes to ASOS and they only refunded one pair, I had to go from heaven to earth to prove parcel weights etc to demonstrate I returned both pairs!! It was all on the paperwork but it made me really cross.

This might make me sound daft but I didn't realise the seller doesn't get paid on vinted until I click that button, they should make it clearer as I think that would hurry people along. I will certainly click it straight away in future! (I only buy as selling sounds like a faff, particularly if anything like eBay!)

I've had mostly good experiences, apart from the lady who sent me an adidas tracksuit top with clear cigarette burns in who then told me I was too fussy 😂 I tend to only buy new with tags or new without tags since then!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
This might make me sound daft but I didn't realise the seller doesn't get paid on vinted until I click that button, they should make it clearer as I think that would hurry people along. I will certainly click it straight away in future! (I only buy as selling sounds like a faff, particularly if anything like eBay!)

I've had mostly good experiences, apart from the lady who sent me an adidas tracksuit top with clear cigarette burns in who then told me I was too fussy 😂 I tend to only buy new with tags or new without tags since then!
I think they get paid several days after it arrives if the button isn't clicked or an issue raised?

Got an arm chair on market place. Blonde older lady messaging she wants it as matches her sofa. She is in Northampton and I am Newcastle. Account looks legit. She is asking if she can send a courier. Would you say no thanks? X

Got an arm chair on market place. Blonde older lady messaging she wants it as matches her sofa. She is in Northampton and I am Newcastle. Account looks legit. She is asking if she can send a courier. Would you say no thanks? X
Only if she pays you and the money is in your account before it is collected.

I've had this before as a scam, if they say they want to use some third party payments system rather than just doing a PayPal transfer run a mile.

Reactions: 4
Nah, as long as she pays before the courier turns up

A
What does “Sale not completed” mean on Vinted feedback?
They haven’t sent it

I’ve ordered about 6 items of Vinted between the 1st of December and now, majority for my daughter and half of them haven’t came. I usually get them sent to my evrie drop off point at Tesco. Went before Xmas to collect 3 parcels said they’d all arrived and they only had 2 of them and then went up today to collect another 3 and they only had 1 of them and it said they’d arrived a few days ago 🤦‍♀️ kind of wish they’d stop using Evrie.

Courier woman has said she will bank transfer me and send proof of payment to man with a van🤔she is 60’s, blonde hair, pictures with her family, location visible lots of pics with friends who comment ‘looking lovely’ ‘fab night’ etc etc. friends with 2 woman in their 20’s with same last name with 1200 friends🤔I know what you mean by the courier scam thing though I get that all the time and bit funny about giving address.

Courier woman has said she will bank transfer me and send proof of payment to man with a van🤔she is 60’s, blonde hair, pictures with her family, location visible lots of pics with friends who comment ‘looking lovely’ ‘fab night’ etc etc. friends with 2 woman in their 20’s with same last name with 1200 friends🤔I know what you mean by the courier scam thing though I get that all the time and bit funny about giving address.
Ask her for proof of her matching sofa with her sat on it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ask her for proof of her matching sofa with her sat on it 😂
🤣🤣🤣🤣I looked through pics to see if i could see it🤣she said if I knew anyone to take it she will pay so I think she is genuine

Theres some one on vinted selling 7 plain long sleeve George tops for £50 12-18m 😳

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
When we had to clear a relatives house we had some large pieces of furniture for sale - the ones who needed courier sorted and sent their own and we had nada to do with that side at all. Why can't she pay her man with van by BT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.