Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just received something sent through Royal Mail but there's nowhere to say I've received it and all is OK. Got email from Royal Mail saying it had been delivered . Haven't bought anything before posted through RM

Temporarily banned but sales are clearing lmao. 11 more days to go this is so hard. Just wanna sell my stuff. Saw some gorgeous bnwt booty shorts I was gonna get. Will defo be sold by time I can get back on there.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Temporarily banned but sales are clearing lmao. 11 more days to go this is so hard. Just wanna sell my stuff. Saw some gorgeous bnwt booty shorts I was gonna get. Will defo be sold by time I can get back on there.
Could you set up a new account with another e-mail just so you can buy them? 🤔

Reactions: 1
Some daft witch on eBay has sent me a snotty payment reminder, a whole 20 minutes after she accepted my offer. 🤠

I should add that I made 3 (very decent offers) that just timed out until she accepted like 20 hours in to the third one. I’m going to take my merry time to press that pay button now

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sold my first item within 1 hour of listing on Vinted for 100 bucks (y) ... but the other 8 are still there several days later, some with 1 view :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone understand what's going on with postage? When listing, I only get the option to select small, med or large parcel, but not to choose between Evri and Royal Mail. Is there any way to choose?

I don't have a printer so a RM QR code would be very helpful, but Vinted only gave me Evri label to print, and I had to go a long way to get it printed which cost me MORE in transport than the buyer paid for postage.

Some daft witch on eBay has sent me a snotty payment reminder, a whole 20 minutes after she accepted my offer. 🤠

I should add that I made 3 (very decent offers) that just timed out until she accepted like 20 hours in to the third one. I’m going to take my merry time to press that pay button now
I'd sit there with my finger hovering over the button. Over and over again. Just for my own satisfaction.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sold my first item within 1 hour of listing on Vinted for 100 bucks (y) ... but the other 8 are still there several days later, some with 1 view :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone understand what's going on with postage? When listing, I only get the option to select small, med or large parcel, but not to choose between Evri and Royal Mail. Is there any way to choose?

I don't have a printer so a RM QR code would be very helpful, but Vinted only gave me Evri label to print, and I had to go a long way to get it printed which cost me MORE in transport than the buyer paid for postage.
When you first sign up I think Vinted asks you to choose which courier companies you want to use. The buyer then chooses the shipping company from the ones you offer, ie Evri, Inpost, RM. I think you need to go to your profile and remove Evri as an option so they won't get the choice :)

• Heart
More expensive things, especially designer pieces always go very quickly I’ve found. Usually drama free sales too — more often than not, it’s the people who purchase £5-ish items that are a pain (at least in my experience).
I need to sell some LV and Mulberry on Vinted but still too scared of scammers! I have some "like new" AllSaints to sell but looking at others' listings, even leather jackets without flaws are struggling to sell even when listed for less than £100. :unsure:

When you first sign up I think Vinted asks you to choose which courier companies you want to use. The buyer then chooses the shipping company from the ones you offer, ie Evri, Inpost, RM. I think you need to go to your profile and remove Evri as an option so they won't get the choice :)
Got it! Thank you thank you thank you!

FYI if anyone else is getting grief from Vinted accusing you of using copyrighted photos, I just retook my photos and relisted my items with a darker background and that worked.

It seems like they're using some kind of automated software to sniff out stock photos and it seems to affect original photos with light/white backgrounds.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Has anyone seen the post on facebook about the worn converse sold on vinted and the bag of rice 🤣🤣

Off to go check 👀👀👀
someone sent her clearly worn converse then seller accused her of wearing them then trying to get a refund. The buyer posted on Facebook and someone told her to send her a bag of rice back🤣🤣🤣🤣the seller then saw the comments on Facebook and flipped it back onto the buyer saying she was a scammer trying to send rice🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
someone sent her clearly worn converse then seller accused her of wearing them then trying to get a refund. The buyer posted on Facebook and someone told her to send her a bag of rice back🤣🤣🤣🤣the seller then saw the comments on Facebook and flipped it back onto the buyer saying she was a scammer trying to send rice🤣
Argh I can't find it. I always miss the juicy stuff on FB.

Just to say that I've always had to pay more for postage at RM than what Vinted estimate so maybe increase the parcel size if you're only going to use them. I ended taking RM and Evri off as options and just use inpost and yodel now.

This is eBay related, not Vinted. Bought an item and chose my local petrol station to collect it rather have it posted to my house as it’s a farce getting collecting the parcel if I’m not in.
Anyway, she’s posted it and she’s used evri by the looks of it and my shop only accepts yodel. What do I do?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.