Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you guys get alot of sales?
I go through periods of getting a lot of sales and then getting none at all. Once I manage to sell something, other people tend to start buying from me as well — not sure sure why it works like this though! 😅
Would anyone recommend selling a more expensive item on Vinted it’s worth under £100 . I’ve saw so much stuff about scammers
More expensive things, especially designer pieces always go very quickly I’ve found. Usually drama free sales too — more often than not, it’s the people who purchase £5-ish items that are a pain (at least in my experience).

Reactions: 7
You know my more expensive sales have always been the drama free ones. I have something up for £120 (well I will have once the bans over).
Which delivery company would you suggest using ? I tend to think that getting stuff delivered to a shop is the one where people can’t lie about not receiving?

I go through periods of getting a lot of sales and then getting none at all. Once I manage to sell something, other people tend to start buying from me as well — not sure sure why it works like this though! 😅

More expensive things, especially designer pieces always go very quickly I’ve found. Usually drama free sales too — more often than not, it’s the people who purchase £5-ish items that are a pain (at least in my experience).
Second this.

Which delivery company would you suggest using ? I tend to think that getting stuff delivered to a shop is the one where people can’t lie about not receiving?
I am strictly yodel only. Never had issues with them.

Reactions: 2
I’ve blocked 6 people on fb marketplace who said they would come to collect and never did…. Scared they’re gonna turn up at my house now
I personally would never agree with this but next time agree to meet up at a public place close to you.

Also not vinted, but does anyone know how to make a claim with Evri? On their website it says via their customer service thing which I do but all it does is raise a ticket telling me to make a claim if its been 10 days. Its been 13 and I will have to refund the buyer tomorrow unless it turns up.

I have emailed back about making a claim but am not getting anywhere.
When it was Hermes, there used to be a round logo on the website bottom right and if you clicked on it you went straight to help chat. It was the hardest thing to find and under my nose! I just tried to log in now to see if it was still the same and the wheel of death is going round for five minutes, doesn't even let me sign in now!
Edited to say that if you log in, click on the help at the top and look for a speech bubble containing a question mark it's that service might help you!!!

Is there a set amount of time an item is reserved for? There’s a dress on my favourites been reserved for a few days now.

I’ve got about 6 items that have been favourited by people, one item has 22 favourites but no offers yet. Anyone else get upset about this? 🤣🤣🤣 just buy my stuff man.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When it was Hermes, there used to be a round logo on the website bottom right and if you clicked on it you went straight to help chat. It was the hardest thing to find and under my nose! I just tried to log in now to see if it was still the same and the wheel of death is going round for five minutes, doesn't even let me sign in now!
Edited to say that if you log in, click on the help at the top and look for a speech bubble containing a question mark it's that service might help you!!!
That’s where I kept going of round and round. Entered the tracking and it says we’ll investigate and get in touch. The they email to say it’s lost and to make a claim. I’ve finally resolved it via eBay only took me two weeks.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’ve got about 6 items that have been favourited by people, one item has 22 favourites but no offers yet. Anyone else get upset about this? 🤣🤣🤣 just buy my stuff man.
I had a shirt that had 96 views, 34 favourites and 5 ridiculous offers and it was stressing me out so much. I refused to sell it for less as I’d wanted it for ages and then accidentally picked up the wrong size, but as I’d bought it when I was in Ireland I couldn’t return it. (Had it on for 40% off) Finally sold yesterday I sent it an hour later I was that happy 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Could it be that you are set to $? Assuming you are in the uk.
No that's correct, I'm selling in the US.

I did have a few designer things listed that Vinted was checking (I wondered if they'd put my account on some kind of hold) but it looks like they've been approved.

Update! They really piss me off when they accuse you of using copyrighted photos. They’re all my own photos and they have a background?! Anyone had this issue before?

This is so annoying. They’re accusing me of not using my own photos or removing the background (I haven’t) and still won’t add my “buy” button back.

Could it be because of the white background?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
I have some stuff on Vinted which has been on there for ages. I don't want to pay to bump it. If I delete the listing and then put a new one on, will that work? Any other tips?

Guys I don’t know what I’ve done wrong cos I thought I’d ordered the plastic bags someone on here recommended but some like cardboard envelopes have arrived? Help

EEACB050-CEC0-41C7-A73E-8F13131C8244.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.