Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does it look ok on the pic? My husband does Evri on the side and you can see his ratings, do you have the drivers name? Iā€™m certain if a driver was pinching heā€™d pinch more than a pandora charm so there would be reviews and if her story was true iā€™d have left him the 1 star

Have a look for the seller she might post a pic wearing the charm.
Itā€™s being put in the letterbox in the pic and looks okay. No name though checked the app and website.

I donā€™t think sheā€™d wear it as sheā€™s an older lady and itā€™s a 30th charm. I have looked her name up on Facebook to see if thereā€™s anything on marketplace. Her Facebook is pretty open to the public too.

Itā€™s being put in the letterbox in the pic and looks okay. No name though checked the app and website.

I donā€™t think sheā€™d wear it as sheā€™s an older lady and itā€™s a 30th charm. I have looked her name up on Facebook to see if thereā€™s anything on marketplace. Her Facebook is pretty open to the public too.
Probably for a daughter or something. Message her some abusešŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

4 unexpected sales today yay! I've donated a load of stuff on fb to a young mother and her baby today as well. Gonna let the scammer have her precious refund and forget about the whole sorry saga.
There are Vinted scammer groups on Facebook that would probably be right up your street šŸ˜‚ seems you name and shame known scammers there

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Iā€™m a complete newbie to selling on Vinted. Bought a few things before and never had an issue.

Sent my first sale last week. Lovely next dress and T-shirt for baby thatā€™s barely been worn. Printed the barcode off and sent it off (Evri). Buyer has messaged saying there is a problem with the item. Sheā€™s sent me a picture telling me Iā€™ve sent the wrong order (4 pairs of leggings Iā€™ve never seen in my life)

Sheā€™s got over 200 reviews all good so donā€™t think sheā€™s a scammer at all. Can Evri have messed up somehow? Iā€™m so confused! I really donā€™t want to refund when the items Iā€™ve actually sent Iā€™ll probably never get back.
Iā€™ve had this exact same issue. Mine was sent by inpost. The sale has completed though so il be receiving the money soon, but I read if the buyer reports an issue then the money is on hold and Vinted investigate.
so no doubt il now be the one out of pocket and no item cause the item has been declared ok. When she told me she received something totally different!! This is stress I donā€™t need right now!!

Iā€™ve had this exact same issue. Mine was sent by inpost. The sale has completed though so il be receiving the money soon, but I read if the buyer reports an issue then the money is on hold and Vinted investigate.
so no doubt il now be the one out of pocket and no item cause the item has been declared ok. When she told me she received something totally different!! This is stress I donā€™t need right now!!
If the same has been completed the buyer cannot challenge it. They get two days after delivery to declare an issue.

If the same has been completed the buyer cannot challenge it. They get two days after delivery to declare an issue.
This is what I thought!!
I cannot be arsed with the hassle & bad review so il most likely have to refund her. But my item will be lost somewhere. So annoyed!

Ok, so abit of context.
I sent the item on 9th January via in post. To be delivered to recipeint.
Vinted said it had been delivered 12th January
Then I get a message from the buyer to say ā€˜Iā€™ve been sent some menā€™s shorts, I bought a womanā€™s top from youā€™
Obviously confused, I messaged back and said ā€˜I have no idea whatā€™s happened, I definitely sent you the top, I have never seen those shorts beforeā€™
She then sent me photos of the package and the label clearly has her name & address on. & it also says sent from myself. I noticed that the tracking number on it is different to the tracking number in my email, however thereā€™s a 2nd label that has the correct tracking number on it. So there is 2 different tracking numbers on the package.
Then our conversation went quiet after I apologised for the mix up, that it wasnā€™t my fault and I reckon itā€™s the couriers mistake, I said to make sure to flag up the problem quick so that Vinted can investigate. She didnā€™t respond.
I messaged again the next day asking if she has reported that there is an issue, as I know there is nothing can be done after 2 days once package has been delivered.
No reply.
yesterday morning I get a message to say that the sale has completed and that Ā£5 will be transferred soon.
I finally get a reply back 14th January saying that she had reported it on the 13th.

But surely if itā€™s completed thereā€™s nothing Vinted can do??? Iā€™m starting to worry Iā€™ve been scammed.

Attachments

Last edited:
This is what I thought!!
I cannot be arsed with the hassle & bad review so il most likely have to refund her. But my item will be lost somewhere. So annoyed!

Ok, so abit of context.
I sent the item on 9th January via in post. To be delivered to recipeint.
Vinted said it had been delivered 12th January
Then I get a message from the buyer to say ā€˜Iā€™ve been sent some menā€™s shorts, I bought a womanā€™s top from youā€™
Obviously confused, I messaged back and said ā€˜I have no idea whatā€™s happened, I definitely sent you the top, I have never seen those shorts beforeā€™
She then sent me photos of the package and the label clearly has her name & address on. & it also says sent from myself. I noticed that the tracking number on it is different to the tracking number in my email, however thereā€™s a 2nd label that has the correct tracking number on it. So there is 2 different tracking numbers on the package.
Then our conversation went quiet after I apologised for the mix up, that it wasnā€™t my fault and I reckon itā€™s the couriers mistake, I said to make sure to flag up the problem quick so that Vinted can investigate. She didnā€™t respond.
I messaged again the next day asking if she has reported that there is an issue, as I know there is nothing can be done after 2 days once package has been delivered.
No reply.
yesterday morning I get a message to say that the sale has completed and that Ā£5 will be transferred soon.
I finally get a reply back 14th January saying that she had reported it on the 13th.

But surely if itā€™s completed thereā€™s nothing Vinted can do??? Iā€™m starting to worry Iā€™ve been scammed.
Looks like they have sided with you. Just forget about it.

Someone contacted me in Vinted about some shoes I wanted to sell there and I "reserved" them and said so in a private message. Now she's asking for my details to send me the money - forgive me this rookie question, but I thought this was all handled via the app itself and no exchange of any details is necessary. Sorry, only sold once on there before, a while ago and before that I got scammed....

Reactions: 1
Someone contacted me in Vinted about some shoes I wanted to sell there and I "reserved" them and said so in a private message. Now she's asking for my details to send me the money - forgive me this rookie question, but I thought this was all handled via the app itself and no exchange of any details is necessary. Sorry, only sold once on there before, a while ago and before that I got scammed....
No it is taken through the app, donā€™t send your details. Explain she needs to press buy now

• Heart
Reactions: 3
There are Vinted scammer groups on Facebook that would probably be right up your street šŸ˜‚ seems you name and shame known scammers there
Yes please what's the name? I've joined 2 vinted UK fb communities. But these are standard selling/promoting pages.

This is what I thought!!
Do not refund her. You can reply to feedback so just let it go. She wouldnā€™t have clicked everything ok if it wasnā€™t.

To add, either vinted sided with you or she cancelled. They keep it suspended until itā€™s resolved. The label thing seems weird, have you put the other tracking number in online to see if it brings up anything. Could it be old?

• Heart
No it is taken through the app, donā€™t send your details. Explain she needs to press buy now

Thank you for confirming here šŸ˜Š- it was actually a valid user who, like me, has little experience with the app. I've sold my shoes, packaged them, and already send them on their way :m

Reactions: 4
I was so confused/freaked out with the free massage until I read ā€œin storeā€ and saw the voucher in the picture šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

FE2480E8-FA70-4302-92E8-BC733D51BFC6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ah man, I'm over this app! When I wanted to post the shoes this morning, it didn't provide the shipping sticker and it all looked like I had to buy it - which I did. Of course now I can't mark the darned parcel as shipped, but since I did ship it already, it's too late. Customer service said that they'll cancel the order automatically and I can put them back online for buying and the buyer can confirm everything is well and then I get my money. I doubt I'll get it. At least it's only 17ā‚¬ in total, but damn.

• Wow
Ah man, I'm over this app! When I wanted to post the shoes this morning, it didn't provide the shipping sticker and it all looked like I had to buy it - which I did. Of course now I can't mark the darned parcel as shipped, but since I did ship it already, it's too late. Customer service said that they'll cancel the order automatically and I can put them back online for buying and the buyer can confirm everything is well and then I get my money. I doubt I'll get it. At least it's only 17ā‚¬ in total, but damn.
I've just had this with a seller (I was buyer) and I was decent enough to message vinted and say I'd got them but they need to sort their label issues as they're so regular!

Think I'll stick to here for vinted rants. I will say why but just wanna check non of you have had someone on a vinted fb group get very sarcastic with you within the past hour lmao?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Do not refund her. You can reply to feedback so just let it go. She wouldnā€™t have clicked everything ok if it wasnā€™t.

To add, either vinted sided with you or she cancelled. They keep it suspended until itā€™s resolved. The label thing seems weird, have you put the other tracking number in online to see if it brings up anything. Could it be old?
Tbh I havenā€™t thought about trying that, Il do that and see what it says.

Think I'll stick to here for vinted rants. I will say why but just wanna check non of you have had someone on a vinted fb group get very sarcastic with you within the past hour lmao?
What did you do? šŸ˜‚how are you not banned from every platform , like trump.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.