Selling on Depop and Vinted #13 Willing to consider offers, anything to fill the coffers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bought a pre-made bundle of kids clothes, advertised as all in very good condition. Arrived today and one item is stained with what looks like paint. This wasn't in the description or visible in the photos (or photo, they only uploaded one). Overall I'm satisfied, the bundle was good value but I'm miffed by the stained item since it was the only reason I bought the bundle in the first place. Cba to kick up a fuss or returning so it'll just have to be worn for nursery/mucking about in, which I need like a hole in the head - my kids wardrobe is 99% mucky clothes already! My question is, would you let the seller know or mention it in the feedback? My gut says don't bother but I also don't like the fact they've passed something off as good nick when it's not 🤨
I feel like if it’s very visible and they couldn’t have accidentally missed it and it’s noticeable when wearing that’s different in that circumstance I can understand someone saying something, although if it’s a few small minute marks that can easily be missed accidentally I personally wouldn’t if it’s barely noticeable and still wearable. I’ve had the odd item arrive with a mark on it but it wasn’t to the point it was unwearable.

Reactions: 6
I feel like if it’s very visible and they couldn’t have accidentally missed it and it’s noticeable when wearing that’s different in that circumstance I can understand someone saying something, although if it’s a few small minute marks that can easily be missed accidentally I personally wouldn’t if it’s barely noticeable and still wearable. I’ve had the odd item arrive with a mark on it but it wasn’t to the point it was unwearable.
Hmm. The marks are on the back of a skirt, they're small but I noticed them as soon as I flipped it over (blobs of brown/green paint) so I think the seller would have known. Yeah it's still wearable but if it was me, I would've disclosed the marks in the listing (however small or noticeable) and I wouldn't count stained clothes as being in "very good" condition. I might just pop them a message because it's obvs bugging me 🙃 if they're apologetic, fair enough. If not, might knock a star off 😆

Reactions: 11
Hmm. The marks are on the back of a skirt, they're small but I noticed them as soon as I flipped it over (blobs of brown/green paint) so I think the seller would have known. Yeah it's still wearable but if it was me, I would've disclosed the marks in the listing (however small or noticeable) and I wouldn't count stained clothes as being in "very good" condition. I might just pop them a message because it's obvs bugging me 🙃 if they're apologetic, fair enough. If not, might knock a star off 😆
I’d say that’s more than fair enough!

I ordered a dress that was listed as the brand oasis. No pictures of the label. It was for a themed party and only cost £2 but when it arrived it was ASOS! bit different to oasis.

The dress fit, looked nice and served it's purpose for the party.

So I messaged the seller just to say, watch your listings. She was fab, really apologetic, offered to pay for return postage etc. I said no bother just warning you as someone else might not be as nice about it! So I still gave her 5* and didn't mention it in my review.

If she had been snooty about it I would have given a bad review.

Reactions: 18
Put on a basically brand new denim jumpsuit yesterday for £20 and had hundreds of views and favourites but all for offers of £12 or £15.

Any tips on how to get things seen? Does it just depend what people are looking for? I’ve put on a couple of dresses as well but only had 5 views on these.

Someone asked me yesterday to reserve an item until today as that’s when they get paid, so I thought fine, it’s only one day. I‘ve woken up this morning and they’ve actually bought it, I am happily surprised!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I ordered a dress that was listed as the brand oasis. No pictures of the label. It was for a themed party and only cost £2 but when it arrived it was ASOS! bit different to oasis.

So I messaged the seller just to say, watch your listings. She was fab, really apologetic, offered to pay for return postage etc. I said no bother just warning you as someone else might not be as nice about it! So I still gave her 5* and didn't mention it in my review.

Messaged the seller, they replied straight away and apologised. I said no worries, appreciated the apology and left them 5 stars. All good 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I had this with a dress, it was listed as new look but it was actually a brand sold at new look 😡

Reactions: 3
Put on a basically brand new denim jumpsuit yesterday for £20 and had hundreds of views and favourites but all for offers of £12 or £15.

Any tips on how to get things seen? Does it just depend what people are looking for? I’ve put on a couple of dresses as well but only had 5 views on these.
You can try putting hashtags in the listing? Sounds like it is getting seen though if it's had hundreds of views - just have to wait for a tidy tart to snap it up for your asking price.

Reactions: 2
You can try putting hashtags in the listing? Sounds like it is getting seen though if it's had hundreds of views - just have to wait for a tidy tart to snap it up for your asking price.
I’ve had over 200 views on the jumpsuit but other things I’ve only got 5.

Please can I ask what SS means? TIA
SS = scruffy slag

Aka the worst type of vinted user

Doesn't pay after reserving
Sends multiple low ball offers
Asks for a discount because their hamster has been in A&E
Doesnt pick up promptly
requests quick postage THEN doesnt pick up promptly
Doesn’t mark everything is ok
Posts items as new but they aren't
Lists items that "need a quick wash" wash them then!

You get my jist
---
The opposite of a SS is a TT (tidy tart) who doesn't do any of the above

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
SS = scruffy slag

Aka the worst type of vinted user

Doesn't pay after reserving
Sends multiple low ball offers
Asks for a discount because their hamster has been in A&E
Doesnt pick up promptly
requests quick postage THEN doesnt pick up promptly
Doesn’t mark everything is ok
Posts items as new but they aren't
Lists items that "need a quick wash" wash them then!

You get my jist
---
The opposite of a SS is a TT (tidy tart) who doesn't do any of the above
This is brilliant thanks so much hahaha given me a right laugh 🤣🤣👏🏼👏🏼

Made £60 last night. Something else I've got for sale I've now sold offline. Most was offers I accepted as well. More stuff to list. I've got 3 bags full of good clean bedding but been used so charity shop it is for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Made £60 last night. Something else I've got for sale I've now sold offline. Most was offers I accepted as well. More stuff to list. I've got 3 bags full of good clean bedding but been used so charity shop it is for them.
I was going to ask… Is there anywhere where you can sell bedding? I’ve got a single duvet set. Never actually been slept in but has been washed while on a spare bed. Literally on the bed for weeks before the colour scheme was changed.

Reactions: 3
Have any of you had a stall at a mum 2 mum market before? Or something similar?

I was thinking of booking a table at my local one but i’ve no idea what to charge for things.
I did one last spring. I had boxes of clothes, all in size order, folded and easy to see, labelled and priced. Took me months to prepare. Hardly sold any and people wanted things for nothing. I had Zara items brand new with tags that I had to let go for £2 in the end (I wasn’t on Vinted at the time, I joined after the market to sell the clothes). What did sell really well was big baby items like bouncers, big toys, play mats etc. Nobody looked at any of my maternity clothes, small toys or shoes/wellies. I was a stall that sold really well too. May have just been my luck but it was super busy so really expected to shift more.

Have any of you had a stall at a mum 2 mum market before? Or something similar?

I was thinking of booking a table at my local one but i’ve no idea what to charge for things.
I did one with my sister yearssss ago so cant really remember how we priced stuff but I would say aim for the price you’d want if you put it on FB marketplace? We did shift a few bits and pieces and it’s certainly easier than having people turn up at your house!

Not generalising but I think the type of people who go to those things want a bargain. Im actually planning to attend one this weekend so I can say that 🤣🤣 If there’s anything worth sharing I’ll pop back and update.

Just sold another bundle of 7 items!! Yay me idk what's happening lately but not complaining! Keep it coming :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 8
I was going to ask… Is there anywhere where you can sell bedding? I’ve got a single duvet set. Never actually been slept in but has been washed while on a spare bed. Literally on the bed for weeks before the colour scheme was changed.
EBay and Facebook marketplace/gumtree. I often sell bedding and find November is quite a good time because people are preparing to have extra guests at Xmas.

Reactions: 7
Yea that’s fair especially if it’s green paint hard to miss it 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.