Selling on Depop and Vinted #13 Willing to consider offers, anything to fill the coffers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is it with people without reviews putting a bunch of stuff on like watches and fancied bags all for really good prices then getting promptly removed? Are they scammers? How do you scam on vinted lol

Another sale yay! My only issue is so many of my items - even bumped ones are still getting no views. I didn't really get any views or sales from the wardrobe highlight either so I'm giving up trying to bump my items as it doesn't really seem to be working. I take good quality pictures, good descriptions, hashtags, etc so idk what's going wrong in that aspect.

What is it with people without reviews putting a bunch of stuff on like watches and fancied bags all for really good prices then getting promptly removed? Are they scammers? How do you scam on vinted lol
I don't think you could if you tried. Anything fake gets taken down quickly, and you only receive the money when the parcel is delivered and marked as okay so idk how anyone can scam people on vinted. 😅

Reactions: 1
Another sale yay! My only issue is so many of my items - even bumped ones are still getting no views. I didn't really get any views or sales from the wardrobe highlight either so I'm giving up trying to bump my items as it doesn't really seem to be working. I take good quality pictures, good descriptions, hashtags, etc so idk what's going wrong in that aspect.

I don't think you could if you tried. Anything fake gets taken down quickly, and you only receive the money when the parcel is delivered and marked as okay so idk how anyone can scam people on vinted. 😅
That's what I thought but seen so many of these profiles and the photos don't even look fake, everything looks legit, they just have no reviews and sell for a cheap price then their profile looks gone

I'm sick of buying stuff that when it comes isn't what is described, so I've given reasonable feedback in return but this latest one the seller has been so rude about me on her reply feedback and on my feedback that it's actually proper upset me! I'm sorry you weren't truthful in your description, maybe that'd bloody help?! Calling me names is out of order!

• Sad
Reactions: 12

---
I'm sick of buying stuff that when it comes isn't what is described, so I've given reasonable feedback in return but this latest one the seller has been so rude about me on her reply feedback and on my feedback that it's actually proper upset me! I'm sorry you weren't truthful in your description, maybe that'd bloody help?! Calling me names is out of order!
Sorry you've had such a crappy experience with this person, they sound like a witch tbf no need for name-calling. Especially over a truthful review.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

---

Sorry you've had such a crappy experience with this person, they sound like a witch tbf no need for name-calling. Especially over a truthful review.
Thank you x
They gave me one star and I'd given them 3 cause there was nothing wrong with it, like damage and whatnot it just wasn't anything like the photos and wasn't anything like what was described! So I changed theirs to one and gave myself a shake and replied as nice as I could cause anyone seeing the feedback calling me names would surely know they're the wrong one 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you x
They gave me one star and I'd given them 3 cause there was nothing wrong with it, like damage and whatnot it just wasn't anything like the photos and wasn't anything like what was described! So I changed theirs to one and gave myself a shake and replied as nice as I could cause anyone seeing the feedback calling me names would surely know they're the wrong one 😔
If I ever saw a seller calling someone names I'd avoid them like the plague. It's very childish and they've made themselves look ridiculous. If they don't want bad feedback then they should be honest about their item in the first place. Chin up, everyone will see they're in the wrong here!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
FFS selling something on FB mp. Should've asked for cash as someone trying to scam me via PayPal. I sent my address for pickup as well.

• Wow
  • Sad
If I ever saw a seller calling someone names I'd avoid them like the plague. It's very childish and they've made themselves look ridiculous. If they don't want bad feedback then they should be honest about their item in the first place. Chin up, everyone will see they're in the wrong here!
They also mentioned I should basically suck it up cause it was so cheap but it wasn't what I thought I was buying and there is a reason why I needed it "so cheaply"!

Thank you for replying it's really helped calm me down 💐

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Put a dog crate for sale (what the person tried to scam me buying) thought oh there's loads it'll be for sale for ages. Someone else messaged within an hour of putting git for sale coming tomorrow with cash. I bought it on FB mp and selling it for £10 more. I put off putting it on for a few months as it's just been stored away and I thought it'd just take a long time to sell guess I was wrong

Reactions: 3
My fav ever dress is too big for me, and as a lanky bastard my choice is limited to tall items.
Found it in a smaller size, had been on a while so messaged seller - confirmed still had it etc so was like yay! Said would post soon.
It has a day before it cancels 😪😪 why break my heart. I cant find it anywhere else in the tall (and non tall would flash me moo to all and sundry!)

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Messaged the seller, they replied straight away and apologised. I said no worries, appreciated the apology and left them 5 stars. All good 🙌
Wish more people would do this if it was a genuine mistake and their apologetic about it it’s all good
I’ve no issue with someone telling me something is wrong with an item they’ve received that wasn’t in the description, yes of course 100% tell me, it’s only happened to me once but message me and say and I will apologise for it. I just hate when someone clicks everything was ok with the item then they go on to write a review and say in it that something was wrong with it. No need to be abusive and rude at all though.

I’ve no issue with someone telling me something is wrong with an item they’ve received that wasn’t in the description, yes of course 100% tell me, it’s only happened to me once but message me and say and I will apologise for it. I just hate when someone clicks everything was ok with the item then they go on to write a review and say in it that something was wrong with it. No need to be abusive and rude at all though.
I was too scared to tbh and now I will be even more so to do that. I thought my feedback was fair as there was nothing wrong with the item itself it's just not what I thought I was ordering based on the description. My feedback clearly stated that and that's why I gave the 3 stars.
I take what you've said on board though but I'm put off even ordering anything else nevermind messaging first.

Reactions: 2
Just come to look on my phone and got a £40 sale. No haggling or nonsense. Just a sale at asking price.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I want to know how they are selling them though?! Because I’ve got things listed SO cheap and still have people offering me £1 🙃
No clue! Some stuff I've had up for ages so cheap and a bargain bc im looking just to get rid really and no one bites. Yet you see stuff for like £60 being sold all the time?!

There's this really cute make up bag i want that is originally from primark and can't find anything else like it. I reckon it was bought for £2/3 and they're selling it for like a tenner!! Ma'am let's get back to reality. and that's without postage! I'm happy to pay the price they bought if for even if it's used bc it's CUTE 🙂😤but ultimately it's tat from primark lower it 🔫

What have they done? I always wonder is PayPal safer on MP as assumed they can’t scam but I suppose I was wrong 🙈
They just sent me an email from a a fake account with PayPal in the email name. Obviously fake but I was too quick giving my address. They probably don't even live close just trying to get me to click a link and give bank details I guees

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.