Selling on Depop and Vinted #13 Willing to consider offers, anything to fill the coffers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen this in a comment section on TikTok is it any wonder people’s items don’t sell as people are selling everything for £1 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ nothing in mine is under £2.50 wouldn’t go out of my way to go to the post office for £1.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Anyone having issues with EVRI via inpost? The past few days I've been trying to send something & it's being a dick

Sometimes it's worth selling things to them just so you don't have to deal with people, even if it is slightly less!
I think I'll probably just sell to them. I just thought they'd get it and take a lot of the price. It's perfect condition so they shouldn't find anything wrong

Just seen this in a comment section on TikTok is it any wonder people’s items don’t sell as people are selling everything for £1 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ nothing in mine is under £2.50 wouldn’t go out of my way to go to the post office for £1.
Yeah I'd prefer to just give stuff to charity than the faff with sending it for that price. Maybe that's why I'll never get rich as I can't be arsed counting every penny 😅

Reactions: 11
Are royal mail strict with their sizing? My box height is 22cm and their limit is 16cm. The rest of the measurements are fine

Yea I would say Royal Mail are very strict. The other carriers don’t even check but Royal Mail will.
Thank you, I can select the bigger box but I'll first try and find a smaller one at work
---
I'm so surprised how quick things have sold. I've made £400 in 2 days

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Are royal mail strict with their sizing? My box height is 22cm and their limit is 16cm. The rest of the measurements are fine
They'll hold the parcel aswell until the fines been paid - will be the cost between small and medium + handling fee which can be upto £10

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Thank you, I can select the bigger box but I'll first try and find a smaller one at work
---
I'm so surprised how quick things have sold. I've made £400 in 2 days
That’s amazing!!
In regards to the box, can you just snip down the edges by 6cm and fold them down to make the box the correct depth? Or is your actual item too big?

That’s amazing!!
In regards to the box, can you just snip down the edges by 6cm and fold them down to make the box the correct depth? Or is your actual item too big?
The items fine and will fit in a smaller box I just don't have one smaller but I should be able to find one at work. I don't think I'll be able to make it smaller unfortunately.

I have one more thing to put up for sale. I have 3 of them and only need two. I was keeping one as spare but it's worth about £50-80 so I may as well sell. I originally bought two on FB mp but one didn't work properly so I bought another. I contacted the company about the broken one, thinking they won't do anything (that's why I bought the 3rd one) but they ended up sending me a brand new one for free. The one they sent me has warranty so I may as well keep that and sell one of the others. I've emailed them to find out about warranty on them all to see if the other two have warranty or not as well
---

Reactions: 2
My friend has a Michael korrs bag up for £25 barely used and someone asked if she’d take £15 for it 🤦‍♀️
So stupid. These SSs want something for nothing. I got so many offers of £15 on a Kate Spade purse that I had listed for £25. Also had a Coach bag up for £100 and kept getting asked if I would take £60 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
So stupid. These SSs want something for nothing. I got so many offers of £15 on a Kate Spade purse that I had listed for £25. Also had a Coach bag up for £100 and kept getting asked if I would take £60 🙄
Think you just have to hold firm sometimes. Had something up for £12 which was getting favourites every 15 mins ish. Couple of SS offers that I didn’t counter and then someone bought it full price just as I was considering counter offering!

Reactions: 6
Think you just have to hold firm sometimes. Had something up for £12 which was getting favourites every 15 mins ish. Couple of SS offers that I didn’t counter and then someone bought it full price just as I was considering counter offering!
The Kate Spade purse was eventually bought by Tanya as in The Chronicles of Tanya 🙃

Coach bag is now hidden on Vinted due to being put off by SSs (even though I bought it from another Vinted user in the first place) but remains listed on eBay.

Reactions: 6
The Kate Spade purse was eventually bought by Tanya as in The Chronicles of Tanya 🙃

Coach bag is now hidden on Vinted due to being put off by SSs (even though I bought it from another Vinted user in the first place) but remains listed on eBay.
Oh Christ that Tanya 🤣🤣 just never known anything like it. Had a friend say to me she preferred Vinted over Ebay due to the buyers and I was like absolutely not lol Vinted people are unhinged (look at the FB groups). Its the way she was all haha got 1 up on you... yet she paid full price and you got the money?! Was literally mental times lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Not Tanya 🤣🤣🤣 Has she kept the purse with no further drama after the 1*??

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.