Selling on Depop and Vinted #13 Willing to consider offers, anything to fill the coffers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole selling worn stuff for the same price as new is really beginning to annoy me.
I wanted a White Fox Boutique tracksuit and managed to find two separate sellers selling a matching top and bottoms, both of which had been worn. In the end it worked out cheaper for me to buy brand new direct from White Fox themselves.
Then I wanted an Adanola hoodie. I couldn’t find one for under £50 and most of them had been worn! Again cheaper for me to buy direct from Adanola themselves.
Incredibly frustrating!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
No clue! Some stuff I've had up for ages so cheap and a bargain bc im looking just to get rid really and no one bites. Yet you see stuff for like £60 being sold all the time?!
I usually only ever sell more expensive bits. I’ve tried to sell cheaper bits but they sell so rarely. Everything I’ve sold in the past few weeks has been £20 to £40. Best ever sale was £100 🙌🏻

Reactions: 5
Not really sure where to post this but it's about selling something so thought I'd it it here. Has anyone ever sold to cex? I think I'd be able to get more from them than selling online myself

Not really sure where to post this but it's about selling something so thought I'd it it here. Has anyone ever sold to cex? I think I'd be able to get more from them than selling online myself
Yes, we've sold with cex to get rid of stuff. I would say, that you can maybe get more yourself. For some games, they'd give us £5 and then sell for £8. Switch games hold their value really well, so if it's that - I'd sell myself.

Reactions: 2
Any thread titles? Saw a "good condition...for putting in the bin maybe" on one of the top liked posts which tickled me lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10
DVDs - yes, no problem. Tried selling a bunch of Xbox controllers once and they found fault with every single one 😭 and wouldn't buy any

• Sad
Reactions: 1
What is it with people without reviews putting a bunch of stuff on like watches and fancied bags all for really good prices then getting promptly removed? Are they scammers? How do you scam on vinted lol
So if someone purchases they immediately send you a blank screenshot as proof of postage and mark as sent. After 7 days if the buyer doesn’t claim non receipt the funds are automatically sent to the scammer. They’re hoping prolific users don’t notice until it’s too late.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Had a sale be delivered the next day! Super fast. They need to hurry up and mark it as okay though bc I want my money. 😅

Reactions: 7
I’ve had my vinted on holiday mode from
Thursday as I just cba with it atm. A girls messaged me saying she’s trying to buy an item which I’ve listed for £2 I cba switching it off again for the sake of £2 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
---
Something listed for £20. Hi will you take £12. 👊 👊
My friend has a Michael korrs bag up for £25 barely used and someone asked if she’d take £15 for it 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
First sale on eBay in a fortnight 👍🏼 Doing the postage to see Royal Mail prices have gone up AGAIN 👎🏼 I’d forgotten they were going up in April. This is the fourth time in two years and it’s getting a bit of a joke now.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I sold quite an expensive shirt recently and accepted an offer (£5 off). The buyer bought it and didn't pick it up for a while and then raised an issue over a very noticeable blue stain on the shoulder which I "hadn't mentioned". I know there was no stain on it. She sent a pic of it with a stain and I said I would pay for the return (as it was my fault). I was annoyed about this as it's just her word against mine. She has to return it to me by the 18th. She's not sent it yet. I don't understand what she's doing. If I don't get it by the 18th I get refunded and she keeps the shirt - or does she get refunded as well. She has not communicated a word with me.

• Sad
Love a TT who collects straight away and clicks all ok. Only a 5a but you all know me. Every penny counts.

Just spent £400 in Dunelm and all I could think was 'could get this for 10% the price on vinted'. Never mind sometimes need fresh new stuff there and then don't ya.

Reactions: 9
I’ve had my vinted on holiday mode from
Thursday as I just cba with it atm. A girls messaged me saying she’s trying to buy an item which I’ve listed for £2 I cba switching it off again for the sake of £2 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
---

My friend has a Michael korrs bag up for £25 barely used and someone asked if she’d take £15 for it 🤦‍♀️
I’ve a kurt geiger bag for sale BNWT for £60 and all i get is SS will you take £40 😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Yes, we've sold with cex to get rid of stuff. I would say, that you can maybe get more yourself. For some games, they'd give us £5 and then sell for £8. Switch games hold their value really well, so if it's that - I'd sell myself.
This is for an apple watch from what I've seen they don't sell for much online but cex offered £98. I've put it for sale for £98 starting bid so if it doesn't sell I'll take it to cex

Reactions: 3
This is for an apple watch from what I've seen they don't sell for much online but cex offered £98. I've put it for sale for £98 starting bid so if it doesn't sell I'll take it to cex
Sometimes it's worth selling things to them just so you don't have to deal with people, even if it is slightly less!

The whole selling worn stuff for the same price as new is really beginning to annoy me.
I wanted a White Fox Boutique tracksuit and managed to find two separate sellers selling a matching top and bottoms, both of which had been worn. In the end it worked out cheaper for me to buy brand new direct from White Fox themselves.
Then I wanted an Adanola hoodie. I couldn’t find one for under £50 and most of them had been worn! Again cheaper for me to buy direct from Adanola themselves.
Incredibly frustrating!
I wanted an Adanola hoodie as well and noticed they weren’t much cheaper than buying it brand new 🤦‍♀️ so haven’t bothered getting one.

I wanted an Adanola hoodie as well and noticed they weren’t much cheaper than buying it brand new 🤦‍♀️ so haven’t bothered getting one.
I wouldn't bother.

I bought one brand new and it shrunk first wash

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.